Corsair Community

What's the max amps a lighting node pro can handle per channel, and in total?

NadeMagnet

I'm running Phantek fan frames as 30 LED strips with ICUE and a lighting node. I know it can handle at least 7 fan frames daisy chained and connected to one channel. Each fan frame is .5 amps so that's 3.5 amps. The other channel had 4 Corsair LED strips. I have no idea about their power requirements. Can a lighting node channel handle 4.5 amps? As in can it handle 9 frames?

If you do 4.5A per channel, that'd be 9.0A total. The specification for SATA power is a total of 4.5A per connector. You'll be at double the specified load for the SATA power connector.

Next, we've seen the fuses in the LNP for each channel go. I'm not sure what the rating is for the fuse, but it's less than 4.5A. Interestingly, the devices that iCUE let's you put on the LNP channel go up to a little over 2.0A in the max scenario.

Finally, last but certainly not least, the Molex SL series connectors that Corsair uses for the RGB are rated at 3.0A (per the spec from Molex).

channelS

so yea it must be for both channels.. or else they just copied the max current the SATA connector can deliver to the LNP..

but at worst, you can just dim the lights slightly. power consumption rises exponentially, it's a bit crazy.

If you have anything other than full brightness white, power draw will be a lot less than the max spec.

channelS

so yea it must be for both channels.. or else they just copied the max current the SATA connector can deliver to the LNP..

but at worst, you can just dim the lights slightly. power consumption rises exponentially, it's a bit crazy.

If you have anything other than full brightness white, power draw will be a lot less than the max spec.

lol The funny thing is, white is a prime color I'm currently using. The fan frames are solid blue with 2 white ripple modes. The strips are static white with opacity turned down to roughly 25% of the slider and then 4 blue color waves, 2 going left and 2 right. The infinity mirror and Pacific R1 RAM cover is white with opacity at roughly 30% with 2 custom blue waves set to two sides.

This just how I have it now though. I was trying to match the front Anidees fans that are blue. If the Anidees fan hub's PWM worked, I would have hooked them up to ICUE too and set them to 21 LED. But since they don't I'm yanking them for 4 more Noctua with fan frames. So It'll be 5 frames daisy chained on 1 channel and 4 chained on another channel. So 9 frames will be right under a lighting node pro's 4.5amps.

https://imgur.com/a/k17D47F

If you do 4.5A per channel, that'd be 9.0A total. The specification for SATA power is a total of 4.5A per connector. You'll be at double the specified load for the SATA power connector.

Next, we've seen the fuses in the LNP for each channel go. I'm not sure what the rating is for the fuse, but it's less than 4.5A. Interestingly, the devices that iCUE let's you put on the LNP channel go up to a little over 2.0A in the max scenario.

Finally, last but certainly not least, the Molex SL series connectors that Corsair uses for the RGB are rated at 3.0A (per the spec from Molex).

Thank you sir for this table and to Piratedog for linking me to it.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=191905

BTW I got an answer from Phantek. The frames aren't using .5A max, they are using .72A max. :eek:

As far as I can figure, nothing fried because I was only running a rainbow mode when I had 7 frames chained to 1 LNP channel. Can't remember which rainbow I was actually using, but assuming there isn't that much difference between rainbow modes, I'll use the spiral rainbow in my figuring with the QL fan values since they are 34 LED. Which is the closest to the frames 30 LED. Spiral rainbow is using a little less than half the power of full white. So if I round the figure to simply half to make the math easier, half the power of .72A is .36A. Times 7 for 7 fan frames would be 2.52amps I had running to a single LNP channel. Less actually since I had rounded to half. And even less than that because the frames are only using 30 LED not the 34 that the QL fans are using. So that's why the LNP nor the wires connecting it all even so much as got hot to the touch much less fried. I was under the 2.25amp max of each of a LNP channel.