Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

matas17

Hello,

So i have Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 16gb 8x2 3200Mhz and a dummy kit. I was wondering if any of you noticed how each led light is different shade of white, some are warmer and some are colder. I kind of would love it if they all were same shade instead of some of them having green, blue or purplish shade to them which is quite annoying for me.

Hello,

So i have Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 16gb 8x2 3200Mhz and a dummy kit. I was wondering if any of you noticed how each led light is different shade of white, some are warmer and some are colder. I kind of would love it if they all were same shade instead of some of them having green, blue or purplish shade to them which is quite annoying for me.

Hi, yes I do when I set white I see pink tint in the dummy sticks pretty annoying when white is my favorite to use, I should have just returned them back as soon I noticed it

Hi, yes I do when I set white I see pink tint in the dummy sticks pretty annoying when white is my favorite to use, I should have just returned them back as soon I noticed it

It's not even dummy sticks that do it both ram sticks do it too and its quite anooying, even when set at full brightness some of the led's are warmer white and some are colder and each led has either green, pink, or blue sharing on them.

you could send them back and have a new set.. it would be the same, luck of the draw.

each chip has 3 color LEDs and they all have slight variations in forward voltage, efficiency.. it's already hard to match white LEDs, so, 3 tones per chip would take insane amount of time to color match. the price would skyrocket.

Now maybe Corsair could look for a supplier with better consistency, but again, price..

Since it's only a problem for people who like to use white, i guess it wasn't worth it to go that extra mile.

Now you can still color correct your LEDs in iCue by stacking solid color presets and tweaking the tint of each affected LED. Can be super time consuming, but if you color correct the worst offenders it can be very pleasing for a minimal amount of work.

you could send them back and have a new set.. it would be the same, luck of the draw.

each chip has 3 color LEDs and they all have slight variations in forward voltage, efficiency.. it's already hard to match white LEDs, so, 3 tones per chip would take insane amount of time to color match. the price would skyrocket.

Now maybe Corsair could look for a supplier with better consistency, but again, price..

Since it's only a problem for people who like to use white, i guess it wasn't worth it to go that extra mile.

Now you can still color correct your LEDs in iCue by stacking solid color presets and tweaking the tint of each affected LED. Can be super time consuming, but if you color correct the worst offenders it can be very pleasing for a minimal amount of work.

My build is basically monochromatic, black/white and ram just sticks out like a sore thumb.

that's the issue ^^ it's not monochromatic in practice since you don't use white LEDs. So you'll need to tune each LED to tweak the colors to match the whites.

a total pain, i agree

Trust me i tried that but no luck. might have to switch to some other brand ram and sell mine off

Honestly if you are happy with the performance, just stick with it. Other brands have the same issue with pure white. Just the lights may be better diffused, and have it less obvious.

I just tried on my trident Z and if i look closely i can see some slight tint differences.. but they have 8 leds instead of 10 and no hotspots so it shows less.. but the mismatch is still here. it just pops out more on Vengeance, and even more on Platinum where the whole design is to have LED hotspots.

But in the end it's just lights :)