Corsair Community

"Auto shutdown initiated" I'm losing my mind here.

Bruhno

Hello again, long time no see.

So since the new firmware update my headset will not stop shutting down on it's own or at least warn me that it will. Yes I did tick off the check mark saying "Disable auto shutoff" and yes I did reinstall it several times trying to turn off different things before reinstalling and all that jazz. I have removed the drivers completely in the device manager from the headset and reinstalled that way as well which made me able to shut off the audio enhancement since the prompt to do that never appears on my computer on its own. And also yes, audio is playing through the headset it just does not care about anything with that specific feature. And I really don't want that feature.

The new voice audio cue works great but that it is telling me that my headset is about to shut down all the time is not something I appreciate or want to hear. I've been using this headset since the launch and only the last firmware managed to be somewhat stable for me if you disregard the great amount of disco lights in that build. I don't believe there is any reason for me not to get slightly pissed about the fact that this headset still doesn't function properly.

To add to things that prevents it from shutting down automatically, charging does that. But the lightning on the headset is still not fully functional. As an example the green LED is lit up right now with no cable attached or anything.

- Bruhn

Does it only affect certain media players or does it auto shutdown no matter what is playing?

What Windows 10 build are you using, 1511? is it up to date? Are your drivers for other devices up to date?

Upload the latest logs here generated by CUE as it may have useful information.

Logs can be accessed by clicking Settings > Support >View logs.

Does it only affect certain media players or does it auto shutdown no matter what is playing?

What Windows 10 build are you using, 1511? is it up to date? Are your drivers for other devices up to date?

Upload the latest logs here generated by CUE as it may have useful information.

Logs can be accessed by clicking Settings > Support >View logs.

Unfortunately something came up and I won't be home for about a week to give you all of the information you ask for but what I can say is that it does not matter what is playing on the computer, it will never detect any sound apparently. And as far as I know my computer is always up to date, I don't postpone windows updates is what I'm trying to say :P But I can give you all the information you need once I get home again. I can try and recreate the problem on my laptop as well.

That is fine. Yes, try the headset with you laptop as well and see whether the issue is still present.

I can't recreate the problem on my laptop so that's a good thing I guess. Quick question, is the settings under the device saved locally on the PC or is it saved with the headset? If that would be the case the problem would be solved but I doubt thats how it works.

(I'm talking about these specific settings)

http://up.bruhno.com/public/img/Screenshot_2.png

• Corsair Employee
I had one beta tester who had this issue (and something we couldn't replicate it no matter what we did). However, CUE v1.15 (which is in testing) did solve the issue. We're expectin g to release this soon and hopefully it'll solve your problem like it did for my tester.

I had one beta tester who had this issue (and something we couldn't replicate it no matter what we did). However, CUE v1.15 (which is in testing) did solve the issue. We're expectin g to release this soon and hopefully it'll solve your problem like it did for my tester.

Happy to hear that. If it is of any help the issue seems to occur after a good amount of hours use, not right away.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated to the newest version of CUE last night. Have restarted multiple times.

I have not tried it without the CUE since I figured that defeated the purpose.

Most recently World of warcraft was the active game when it dropped.

Corsair has awesome hardware but your software leaves a LOT to be desired.

Archived