Corsair Community

Help with how to make a toggled macro?

I'm trying to make a macro that consists of the sequence:

Press key 3 -> release 3 -> press key S -> release S -> press key E -> release E. (trigger key KP7)

I was able to make it loop by making the last sequence Press key KP7, the problem is I've got no means to end this and the program kept doing this until I shut down my PC(even after I removed the "macro" from the "Actions" tab.

Is there a way to make a toggle-able macro? if yes, please help. if there's already a guide to this, please link it. I can't seem to find any.

I'm trying to make a macro that consists of the sequence:

Press key 3 -> release 3 -> press key S -> release S -> press key E -> release E. (trigger key KP7)

I was able to make it loop by making the last sequence Press key KP7, the problem is I've got no means to end this and the program kept doing this until I shut down my PC(even after I removed the "macro" from the "Actions" tab.

Is there a way to make a toggle-able macro? if yes, please help. if there's already a guide to this, please link it. I can't seem to find any.

One tip: Do not use separate key press and release events consecutively in a macro. Rather than record the macro, manually add add the "keystroke" event into the macro. This will prevent problems should the macro get interrupted midway, because if the computer sees a keypress without a release, it will think the key is stuck down.

Seond tip: There is an advanced setting to configure you macro to be toggled on and off by the assigned key. See image below:

attachment.php?attachmentid=29872&stc=1&d=1497398161

toggle.thumb.png.e671624593d05c807352b08c6757422f.png

• 10 months later...
I have found what you are describing the RIGHT way to do this but it does not toggle for me even though I have that selected in advanced options and I have manually added that KEYSTROKE of the ctrl key. There is no crouch toggle in this game and I am trying to make it toggle ctrl. I press "c" and it holds ctrl until I press "c" again then it releases ctrl. This isnt happening, its basically keystroking it up and down instantly no toggle. Any suggestions?

• Corsair Employee
I have found what you are describing the RIGHT way to do this but it does not toggle for me even though I have that selected in advanced options and I have manually added that KEYSTROKE of the ctrl key. There is no crouch toggle in this game and I am trying to make it toggle ctrl. I press "c" and it holds ctrl until I press "c" again then it releases ctrl. This isnt happening, its basically keystroking it up and down instantly no toggle. Any suggestions?

Potentially a limitation of the game? Could you try doing the same in a different game to see if the same thing happens? Preferably one that does have an option within settings to have it toggled. Can you attach a screenshot of how you created the action?

Archived