Corsair Community

MP600 2 TB Slow Performance

Hi,

I'm running a 2 TB MP600 drive with latest firmware (11.1) on an Aorus Xtreme X570 motherboard also with the latest firmware (F3e).

I seem to be getting performance readings that are notably worse than others in CrystalDiskMark especially on the seq write and 4K Q8T8 writes (almost a factor of 2 off).

732587930_mp600benchmark.png.2544688651fb701ef0fa864baf6102e3.png

Compare this to reviews at these locations:

- https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Force-MP600-Gen4-PCIe/dp/B07SNGBW84?th=1#customerReviews

- https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_mp600_pcie_4_nvme_ssd_review,14.html

Any ideas?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, as noted I am running the latest firmware - I upgraded using the SSD toolbox.

I just ran the test again after confirming there are no other reading or writing processes. Similar result. See attached.

Any suggestions? Should I return the drive?

150427774_MP600Benchmark2.jpg.1305e06947b8d38c65843aa240b1ab1a.jpg

• Corsair Employee

Hm, with that CPU, the 4K performance should be much better. I was wondering if you were potentially running running a 3600.

If it's not too much trouble, hang tight, I'm going to see if I can get some more information.

I was I was getting the performance you are getting Chymerix. I am only getting only 54% of the advertised performance. Nothing using HDD at the time of the test. Any insight would be nice.

1414518426_Screenshot(3).png.47adc327b71248f0e86e7b09202f7f2a.png

Edited by Hamerson

Hm, with that CPU, the 4K performance should be much better. I was wondering if you were potentially running running a 3600.

If it's not too much trouble, hang tight, I'm going to see if I can get some more information.

Hi Kevin - any updates for us? My return window closes in a few days. Thanks!

OP, can you try running the 4KiB as Q32T8 rather than Q8T8? We'd like to see the results of that test. Thank you.

Sorry for the delay. I returned to the office today.

No problem. Please see attached - not much difference.

1624065176_MP600Benchmark3.jpg.f601953a043729c9f7acf39bb75e1228.jpg

Kevin and Chymerix. Well I figured out one part of my problem. For some odd reason my BIOS was defaulting the CPU yo 800Mhz. I changed the setting to Auto and it now sees the CPU at 3.6Ghz and will boost clock now. I reran the test and got solid solid numbers (see The attached). I was curious about the test Kevin had you run Chymerix so I ran the test as well and have attached the results as well for reference.

Kevin I would also appreciate any feedback to let me know my test numbers look on par to you as well. Thanks

1890152572_Screenshot(5).png.6af21f3028367bc138611a9c6f2d8260.png

846812213_Screenshot(7).png.5f8c4bb3f4b0528b629be517030fe48e.png

• Corsair Employee
Kevin and Chymerix. Well I figured out one part of my problem. For some odd reason my BIOS was defaulting the CPU yo 800Mhz. I changed the setting to Auto and it now sees the CPU at 3.6Ghz and will boost clock now. I reran the test and got solid solid numbers (see The attached). I was curious about the test Kevin had you run Chymerix so I ran the test as well and have attached the results as well for reference.

Kevin I would also appreciate any feedback to let me know my test numbers look on par to you as well. Thanks

Hi Hamerson,

Can you also post screenshots of your BIOS? I'd like to see what the basic configurations are for CPU, DRAM, etc.

Hi there, guess I have the same problem?

Also the loading time of Win10 after Login is really slow, but I don't know if thats due to the SSD.

My specs:

Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 64GB (CMT64GX4M4C3200C16)

MP600 2TB

MP600 1TB

Everything running at stock settings.

mp600cdm.PNG.09219fd1cdfc1289434bc216f798eae9.PNG

What about your infinity fabric speed. Are you running 1:1 ratio with your ram? If the CPU frequency wasn't properly set I wonder if your IF speed is also wrong and maybe that is effecting your scores.

When looking in Ryzen master this shows up as a line with data for Coupled Mode, Memory Clock, and Fabric Clock. Typically the clocks should be equal unless your trying to do something special.

Edited by A Computer Guy