Corsair Community

Upgraded, Link no longer opens

AllanAbr

This morning (Friday, Feb 16, 2018) I accepted Link's offer to upgrade itself, but the new version crashed several seconds after it opened. So I deleted it, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and now Link won't even open.

I tried to submit a ticket, but the system refused to accept it unless I put number in box marked "optional."

So, does anybody on this forum know how to get the latest version of Link to work?

I don't know what version I had because it has been deleted. I only installed it a week ago. The version I installed today was v4.9.5.25.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3701 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0408, 8/31/2017

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 27.9 GB

Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB

Available Virtual Memory 32.1 GB

Corsair Hydro H115i, CW-9060032-WW

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060

I don't know what EVGA Precision XOC is.

EVGA Precision XOC is EVGA's tool for controlling the graphics cards and LEDs. It causes no end of issues with Link.

Is the only Corsair device you have the H115i? And there is a link for "Edit System Specs". Please fill that out.

For the H115i, please look in Device Manager for "Corsair USBXp Driver". It will be under USB Connections. Try to enable/disable it and then restart Link. It might help to review the Hydro Coolers FAQ - the Link is in my signature.

EVGA Precision XOC is EVGA's tool for controlling the graphics cards and LEDs. It causes no end of issues with Link.

Is the only Corsair device you have the H115i? And there is a link for "Edit System Specs". Please fill that out.

For the H115i, please look in Device Manager for "Corsair USBXp Driver". It will be under USB Connections. Try to enable/disable it and then restart Link. It might help to review the Hydro Coolers FAQ - the Link is in my signature.

This! I had to delete XOC entirely to get Link to work, and even EVGA tech support knows their software sucks.

Which one?

Even if you're fine with it ... it helps to know which one as we're coming across a couple of these. We've had issues with specific anti-viruses blocking the communication channel between the Link service and the Link UI ... resulting in blank screens.

Archived