Corsair Community

Hi,

My monitor is 800mm wide. So a one 450mm strip is useless. Therefore I ordered an additional 250mm strip for the width. It would only be logical if I wanted to use the video mode correctly. But it does not work...

Here is missing the possibility to choose a widescreen monitor with a strip combination in the width.

Now I have only a 450mm strip (of course above and below:) ) installed. But it does not look very nice because the corners are dark. The stripes are not very bright anyway. If then still the corner does not shine, they are simply dark.

2x450mm in the width is no solution for me. This can't work in video mode because the transfer of the color information can't be correct. For the money and especially from this brand I expect a product that works well.

I cannot imagine that it is technically not possible to use 250mm and 450mm in the width.

Please excuse my english

I am with you on this. We really need a more flexible way to configure strips that work with all modes including video mode. The dual monitor work around will not work or look correct with a Ultrawide screen for video mode.

I really wanted to like this product but it is essentially collecting dust atm. I was hoping that they would have implemented something by now. I am not even sure they are planning anything. It would be good to at least know if this was something in the works. I don't want to use the NZXT solution and introduce another RGB ecosystem.

Please Corsair, let us know if this is a possibility or not.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
With the version 3. 30 has already done something but unfortunately only half. For me, only the graphics have been supplemented with an Ultra wide monitor. A configuration with a width of 250mm and 450mm is still not possible. This is now like two monitors setup only the graphics is different. If I miss something, please correct me. There are not many monitors that go over 900mm and they could choose the setup with two monitors.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They've added an option for ultrawide, but unfortunately it only supports dual 450mm at top and bottom. Not sure what their idea of an ultrawide is, but there is no way my X34P will fit 2 450mms at top and bottom without overlapping them a bit. I bought a 250mm expansion back when the LS100 came out because a 450 and a 250 is the best set up for my screen. Until they add the ability to customize the strip layout, we're pretty much still at square one.

I have mine on my TV set up this way. I hadnt actually noticed the issue until reading this thread, as i rarely connect PC to TV, and was using it more for ambient lighting. Surprised they sell expansion kits but dont support the setup.

They've added an option for ultrawide, but unfortunately it only supports dual 450mm at top and bottom. Not sure what their idea of an ultrawide is, but there is no way my X34P will fit 2 450mms at top and bottom without overlapping them a bit. I bought a 250mm expansion back when the LS100 came out because a 450 and a 250 is the best set up for my screen. Until they add the ability to customize the strip layout, we're pretty much still at square one.

My 43" TV has the setup with this issue. I couldnt fit their Ultrawide setup on back the TV comfortably, dont know how youd do it on one monitor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, new user. Have an Ultrawide monitor, and I can get the starter kit and expansion pack to light up, but not in a way that makes sense...

it should be start with the 250mm then, 2x 450mm across the top, 250mm down the side, then 2x 450mm across the bottom. but if i don't put the short sides at the start and end of the loop, the last two 450mm strips won't light up. WTF? Is there something I have to flip to make the blasted thing work properly?

• Corsair Employee

Ok, so I'm reading through this and I feel some clarification is needed.

You can't use more than 6 strips on one channel because of the LED limitation. Each channel can't power more than 4 long and 2 short strips. Each channel is essentially a different lighting controller, so you cant just run the extra strips on the other channel. The max number of LEDs is listed in your manual.

The strips need to be plugged in in this specific order: Short, Long, Long, Short, Long, Long. The controller is expected to be in the bottom right corner of the monitor.

Here is a video outlining the installation:

There's a lot of feedback here, and I'm happy to forward it, but please remember that the video playback and how it operates is limited in numerous ways in order to achieve that immediate ambient color change. I can't promise anything, but I can certainly make sure that our teams are aware of the discussion around Ultrawide.

I'm not going to be able to offer any specific changes, but if you have feedback regarding how it operates, you are certainly free to share and discuss on this thread.

For my Screen, all I think would be needed is to make it possible to use Short Short Long Short Short Long or something like this. Or just some way to finetune "pixelposition"

Or do those setups not work due to the amount of Led-Pixels needed to recreate the Video?

• 4 weeks later...
What do you mean with “fails”?

Baio

I mean that when i use it in "video ilumination" it doesn't works, still in black, in other modes works ok, when i used it whit my 1080p screen works like a charm, but i changed to a ultrawide screen and then stop works "video ilumination" effect.

I mean that when i use it in "video ilumination" it doesn't works, still in black, in other modes works ok, when i used it whit my 1080p screen works like a charm, but i changed to a ultrawide screen and then stop works "video ilumination" effect.

Ok, this is not a problem for me, as I'd use the kit in static light.

But does the starter kit actually cover the whole monitor?

Do you use your monitor with its stand or with a wall mount?

I'm afraid that using the stand (that means the monitor is far from the wall) resolves in an insufficient illumination.

Thanks!

Baio

Ok, this is not a problem for me, as I'd use the kit in static light.

But does the starter kit actually cover the whole monitor?

Do you use your monitor with its stand or with a wall mount?

I'm afraid that using the stand (that means the monitor is far from the wall) resolves in an insufficient illumination.

Thanks!

Baio

The starter kits cover a standard monitor (24" was mine) but you must know the bright isn't too much powerful

(sorry my bad english)

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I would love more customisation. I went and bought the starter and a bunch of expansions to get my 55" 4k tv set up plus mood lighting. I managed to get it by saying its 2 monitor's but it screwed me once I activated my other monitors (windows+P key ftw) by no longer understanding what's going on. I'd live my ultrawide and my 55"tv and 27" normal 16:9 aspect ratio monitors all to have the monitor effect running.

Ok, so I'm reading through this and I feel some clarification is needed.

You can't use more than 6 strips on one channel because of the LED limitation. Each channel can't power more than 4 long and 2 short strips. Each channel is essentially a different lighting controller, so you cant just run the extra strips on the other channel. The max number of LEDs is listed in your manual.

The strips need to be plugged in in this specific order: Short, Long, Long, Short, Long, Long. The controller is expected to be in the bottom right corner of the monitor.

I dont believe there is a general misunderstanding of this. What most ultrawide users are asking for is the ability to specify what length of strips we're using instead of the rigid preset. For instance, the preset is short-long-long-short-long-long. My 34' ultrawide wont fit two long strips on the top and bottom without having to overlap the two strips in the middle. This results in a hot spot in the middle of the top and bottom with light overlap that looks bad with the lighting effect running. If I could specify 6 shorts all around the monitor, or 4 shorts and 2 long (short-short-long-short-short-long) it would work better. And using 6 short strips would not exceed the number of leds in the preset. Right now I have to use 1 long on top and bottom, but it leaves dark spots in the corners and only illuminates about 2/3 of the length along the top and bottom. But I dont have room to add another long strip. We just want some flexibility in how it is set up.