Corsair Community

Remaps and Macros not working in iCUE

aripberg

So I have a K70 LUX RGB Keyboard alongside a Scimitar RGB. I have remapped all 12 side buttons on the Scimitar, and have a few macros on my keyboard. Unfortunately, none of the button remaps or macros are working for me, but things like "Profile Switch" or "Launch Application" work perfectly fine.

I'm really hoping this is just some random setting I'm missing, because I've been searching the forums for the past 2 days and haven't found anything. I've tried reinstalling iCUE, turning off the computer, reloading profiles, running updates, but nothing seems to work.

So I have a K70 LUX RGB Keyboard alongside a Scimitar RGB. I have remapped all 12 side buttons on the Scimitar, and have a few macros on my keyboard. Unfortunately, none of the button remaps or macros are working for me, but things like "Profile Switch" or "Launch Application" work perfectly fine.

I'm really hoping this is just some random setting I'm missing, because I've been searching the forums for the past 2 days and haven't found anything. I've tried reinstalling iCUE, turning off the computer, reloading profiles, running updates, but nothing seems to work.

I tried all versions of CUE with windows 10 and my Strafe keyboard. Macros and remap never worked. No one has a solution, a tried everything. Last thing to try is a clean install of windows 10... but I'm really not in the mood to do that just because of some macros.

Check my last topic:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180958

No responses... I really like the keyboard, but the software that supports it is terrible.

Every new version is a new hope... but it never worked for me.

I tried all versions of CUE with windows 10 and my Strafe keyboard. Macros and remap never worked. No one has a solution, a tried everything. Last thing to try is a clean install of windows 10... but I'm really not in the mood to do that just because of some macros.

Check my last topic:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180958

No responses... I really like the keyboard, but the software that supports it is terrible.

Every new version is a new hope... but it never worked for me.

The huge frustration is that they did work at one point, but have since stopped working. I had a good workflow going, and I'm not reinstalling my whole OS just for this.

Could it be some sort of permissions block? As I said, even on the side keys of the mouse, I can do "Corsair specific" actions, like Profile Switching, DPI, Launch Application, etc. Its simply things like macros that include keystrokes, or keystrokes themselves that aren't working.

Update: I finally got the keystrokes working for now. After re-installing multiple times, I tried reinstalling to a different program files folder, using a previous version of iCUE. Then I updated it to the current version through the iCUE app. At first, it showed the Macro Execution Error, so I went into Apps & Features to Modify>Repair. Finally started working.

Not sure if this is a long term fix, but I'll be sure to update the post if it goes wrong again.

new version today, so there is new hope. But i'll prob not install it since after all of this I learned AHK and coded my own macros with a software that is way lighter than CUE... so now i'm just using that.

Btw, I have a Tt e-sports mouse and the macros work flawlessly. So it just proves to me this is poor software support.

If you wanna try a registry cleaner, just create a restore point in your windows installation and see how it performs. If something goes wrong just rollback.

Edited by zug0

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm. Remap of buttons does not work with standard functionality. Got mice today to my birthday but had some strugles to use it.

Mice: Corsair Scimitar Pro

SW: iCUE 3.7.99

Introduction: When installing software and open it a new profile is generated "Standard". Here the site buttons have to be mapped in section "Actions".

Issue: Site buttons does not work when setted up with following options

- Key Remap Numeric (advanced flag on or off - doesn't care)

- Key Remap as entered (advanced flag on or off - doesn't care)

Workaround - There are two workarounds where the impact is not clear to me actually to 100% - please help if you see any downsites:

- Deinstall or close iCUE to work with the standard profile of the mice

- Use Not Remap function but the "TEXT" function - that at least works in notepad ;) (not tested with game till now)

Request to Corsair:

Please adress and further implement bugfix in next iCue version to generate new profiles that work with standard remap functions

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here, Corsair M65. Some time ago I had this problem and was able to do a repair install, and it worked. Now, repair does not work, even though the attached error indicates that's a fix. Total removal, restart, and reinstall with 3.7.99 release MSI does not fix the issue. Key remap and mouse remap do not work. Text remap works, but only will input in a text field and cannot be used as a game control. Sniper button basically can't do what I want it to do and there doesn't appear to be a fix.

Used the same mouse in Windows 7 64-bit for the better part of a year with no issues. This problem arrived shortly after a new computer with Windows 10 Home.

There is a Windows cumulative update, KB4338819, that seems to be having install problems; I'll see if I can get any traction on that, perhaps getting it to install correctly will have some useful effect. That said, there doesn't appear to be any correlation between this update failing back in early August and my current mouse issues, however.

212486553_icuemacroerror.png.2be2cc80e0962e9f50926ddc43de9811.png

Okay! Not sure if this will work for others, but for the time being I was able to get this work again by running the repair install after shutting off all my antivirus protections and then turning them back on again after the repair. I'll test to see what happens after I reboot with antivirus active.

Okay! Not sure if this will work for others, but for the time being I was able to get this work again by running the repair install after shutting off all my antivirus protections and then turning them back on again after the repair. I'll test to see what happens after I reboot with antivirus active.

This actually worked for me too, but I should also mention that I disabled Fast Boot for Win 10 in my BIOS shortly before I tried this method*. I have no idea if that played any role in this, but I figured it's worth including just in case.

* I don't know where I found that suggestion, but their reasoning was that Fast Boot might not be loading both of the mouse driver inf files. No idea if its true or not, but again, worth mentioning

Confirmed, I have been having this issue consistently for several months.

After I install iCUE and map my sniper button to ] .. it will work for a day and then stop working until I uninstall and reinstall several times. This is extremely frustrating

• 1 month later...
So annoying this is the same issue I have it sounds like, anyone find a resolution?, I already ordered a logitech mouse but I love my corsair I'm really dissapointed in the software.

did you happen to try that fast boot being disabled and reinstalling on an admin account with av disabled just for the install?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

IT'S 2019 AND I STILL HAVE TO RANDOMLY REPAIR, REMOVE, REINSTALL, AND PRAY TO DARK POWERS EVERY OTHER WEEK OR SO TO GET MACRO EXECUTION TO NOT BE BROKEN.

I have noticed it seems to be worse just after a Windows update, but after I manage to fix it it will often break again 1-3 times over as many days AFTER the Windows update. It's correlated but not causal.

By way of for instance, I had to do a repair install three times in a row just now to be able to use the thumb button as anything other than a DPI switch. That's after doing the same thing yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that...

Last night I downloaded the latest version of iCUE from the Corsair website and completely removed the old version and replaced it w 3.12.118

Today macros won't work. No visible error in iCUE software.

After first repair install, iCUE software now has an error indicating that macro execution isn't working properly and I need to do another repair installation

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone,

Wow, lot's of problems here. Sorry for having to wait for a response.

You guys who are getting it to work by turning off your AV may be better off setting up the iCUE.exe file in the Corsair folder to run as an Admin. It shouldn't need to be specified, but the AV may be blocking the controls.

Also for you people having issues that are fixed by turning off Fast Boot, try instead turning off "Start on System Startup" in iCUE's settings. It does basically the same thing and you can keep Fast Boot.

For the rest of you having issues, I would suggest a clean reinstall of iCUE as sometime's it's straight driver corruption:

1. Search for Corsair in File Explorer and delete the Corsair folder.

2. Open RegEdit and delete the Corsair folder in HKey Local Machine and HKey Local User.

3. Restart the PC

4. Reinstall iCUE.

If none of those correct the issue, post again and we'll see if we can look deeper.

**Edit** Windows update probably breaks the USB driver occasionally depending on how much they wanna play with it. Modern software FTW

• Confused 1

I'll try wiping the reg keys and clean installing. I've been doing the repair-reboot-repair-repair-now-it-works dance every day since my last post, anything is worth trying at this point.

What's really annoying is I had this problem before but then it magically disappeared for months. I'd hoped it was gone for good...

Thanks for the response

• 2 weeks later...

I solved the problem for me on Windows 7.

I could not use my macro keys on my K95 Platinum and only got the "Macro extension" Error. When checking the device manager the "Corsair Bus" driver could not be verified.

By installing the Windows Security Update KB3033929 ("Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64") and rebooting my system the driver has now been istalled correctly.

• Confused 1

(using iCUE with a Dark Core RGB SE)

Same problem as Fned here. Except the reboot-repair dance doesn't always work, so I'm basically re-installing iCUE after every reboot of my system.

Tried the suggested steps from Calico Jack, but didn't help at all.

Worked around the issue by just using hardware profiles and only starting the software if I want to change something there, but that's obviously not the preferred functionality.

Additionally I also have the issue with the Dark Core in Bluetooth mode. The Hardware profiles there seem to also stop working after a reboot, which I can fix by removing the bluetooth mouse and re-connecting it again in Windows.

Interestingly all of this only happens on one of my systems, the other PC works just fine with iCUE and the very same mouse.

Both systems are running on Win10.

So apparently there is something installed on the one of them that breaks iCUE.

• 2 weeks later...
I solved the problem for me on Windows 7.

I could not use my macro keys on my K95 Platinum and only got the "Macro extension" Error. When checking the device manager the "Corsair Bus" driver could not be verified.

By installing the Windows Security Update KB3033929 ("Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64") and rebooting my system the driver has now been istalled correctly.

Just registered to leave a big Thank You! This security update solved the problem for me. No reinstall of iCUE required :)