Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB LED issue

I have 4 banks containing 16gb serie CMT32GX4M2K4000C19 which I bought at Amazon and another online retailer in the same week (availabillity issues). The problem is in 4 of the 4 modules atm. I swapped the modules around and upgraded the firmware but it doesn't make a difference. Seems there are small changes what led is afffected by it although the dominator led changing colour has been since day 1 two weeks ago. I attached a picture where it shows. In reality it is way more obvious but this is difficult to photograph with an Iphone for some reason. There is clearly an issue with the whole production batch.

Corsair-Dominator-Issue.jpg

Corsair-Dominator-Issue.jpg.884c28a90a4d91239e65445ad4b75427.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I just finished my new AMD build with many Corsair components and I've got exactly the same problem as many others here. One of the sticks has a faulty LED. It seems the LED only displays green and blue but not red. So I get any color variations that doesn't include red.

Here is a picture where I set the color red on 2 of the sticks.

g6jULtm.jpg

P.S. My desk still looks pretty chaotic. But I'm literally just done with the build.

Hi all,

I just finished my new AMD build with many Corsair components and I've got exactly the same problem as many others here. One of the sticks has a faulty LED. It seems the LED only displays green and blue but not red. So I get any color variations that doesn't include red.

Here is a picture where I set the color red on 2 of the sticks.

g6jULtm.jpg

P.S. My desk still looks pretty chaotic. But I'm literally just done with the build.

Really nice build! Looks like the 16gb I had in my system and all the issues were with the red leds. I send them back...seems there are issues with this specific module.

I just signed up to tell you my experience. My kit is from a German retailer, same problem as the rest of you, I suddenly realised that one led was acting strange, tested the RGB and noticed that the red colour was dark. Double checked it with the pre determined colors and.. yes it was red, almost dark so white looked green and the same with orange.

i didn't know what to do so I just pressed slightly onto the cap of the led and it fixed the problem for me at least for now, touching he cap again changes the color nonetheless, is there a problem with the attachment of the LEDs ?

Edit:

Could one of you check this with your ram?

My kit is a 2x8 3600 c18

Edited by Nin1959

Same problem here with the 2x8 3600 c18 kit, it doesn't seem to be software related, like Nin1959 suggested it is a faulty connection to the red (in my case) LED, you can press on the difusser to make it work for a short time.

I opened up the ram to reseat the flex PCB the LEDs are mounted on, and it seemed to work for a while, but the fault came back after a few hours.

The LEDs themselves are way too small to have a go re-soldering, and they are encapsulated in a drop of adhesive anyway.

I realise I probably voided my warranty opening it up but, if people are getting the same fault on their replacements, it doesn't sound like the warranty is much use to me (for this fault anyway haha).

i did 2 RMA's and got the same thing every time so its really not worth the time to change it out. its got to be iCUE and just haven't found why its doing it. i have tried moving the ram around and a clean install of iCUE like 5 times.

but im not done yet im going to try it in another pc just for something to try haha.

That's pretty disappointing for memory that is more on the expensive side.

My replacement kit is scheduled for the end of November. Let's hope I'll get a good kit.

By the way, my problem started with one LED not working properly. Now it's 2 LEDs on the same stick already. Once I was able to fix it with restarting the service but that is not working anymore.

I got mine through Newegg and while they do not allow replacements, they said they will allow refund. Now i am unsure if i should risk getting another set of dominator platinums. I like the aesthetics and 3600mhz. But i also want to be practical. Kinda sad about this. I really like the white modules of Dom plats

Screenshot_20201104_143532.thumb.jpg.8f5df6ef1065ff2ff8f31f81fb593092.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Everyone still experiencing this issue, please work with the retailer you've purchased from or our technical support team at https://help.corsair.com for assistance. Internally, we've been working with customers to get some affected kits in for evaluation to see what's going on, unfortunately I have no updates to share regarding this.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got some Dom Plats 3600MHz 32Gb x4 kit in yesterday and I have one LED with this problem. The odd thing is that iCue is showing the LED as expected. The affected LED on mine is on stick 4 last LED. I wonder if its an issue of timing either on the LED or between the two.

• Corsair Employee
I received a new kit 2 x 8 GB this week. All LEDs work perfectly so far. I'm happy now :)

Good to hear everything is normal now. Let us know if anything comes up.

I just got some Dom Plats 3600MHz 32Gb x4 kit in yesterday and I have one LED with this problem. The odd thing is that iCue is showing the LED as expected. The affected LED on mine is on stick 4 last LED. I wonder if its an issue of timing either on the LED or between the two.

Try switching the modules around to see if the issue follows the module. If it does, you can setup a replacement through our support team through the following portal:

https://support.corsair.com/

Thanks for the response. I switched two modules over, and I thought for a split second that it had worked because it lit up properly but then it started doing it again.

Will I have to replace the entire kit or just the affected module. I would feel it would be a bit of a waste replacing the entire kit just for one LED.

Hello all,

I sadly also have this problem.

I bought Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 4000MHz - CMT32GX4M2K4000C19 (for quite a lot of money) and on one DIMM two of the LEDs are defective

Both LEDs seem not to be able to display the red color - blue and green seem to work okay, but red is dead.

I tried every single thing that was posted in this and other threats about the issue - hardware switch, software tricks, nothing changes anything.

Amazon would quite probably give me my money back, but I actually just want fully working DIMMs - how to proceed?

I also dont want to remove the DIMMs and wait days or weeks without being able to use my computer - is some form of advance RMA directly with Corsair possible?

kind regards

I too am having the same issue with one of my LEDs. I already had to RMA my first kit because one of the RAM sticks wouldn't allow my computer to boot. Now i'm having this issue less than one week of using the new quad kit. Sad to see how common this is for one of the most expensive RAM sticks. And to see that it's happened to people multiple times makes just not want to even bother with a second RMA. Guess I gotta live with it until there's a solid fix or something but for real pls quality control or software fix.

My story is long and drawn out. To sum it up I have to identical kits of the 32Gig Dominator Both branded the same:

CMT32GX4M2C3200C16

But when both kits are installed, iCue showed they crashed and never recovered correctly. Red Triangle and freezing. But was able to run XMP on them on an ASUS x570 board. Fast Forward to a Motherboard swap. Now an MSI X570 board, XMP would fail and the RGB would fail. Submitted a ticket and doing research.

So I found a Reddit post about XMP problems. basically it said to check the PHYSICAL version numbers on the RAM module itself. One kit is version 4.31 with Samsung Chips and the other kit is version 3.31 with Hynix Chips. So I began checking possible combinations, each individual kit did what it was supposed too. Run the applied XMP profiles along with no problems with iCue.

Till today. I have the Hynix version 3.31 kit in my media server and one stick the RGB failed stuck on 2 red LED's at either end.

Possible a faulty stick was all my problems? But it would not explain the XMP profiles working with the individual kits on all my boards. But XMP only failing on just the MSI x570.

FYI: Media server is an MSI B450I board.