Corsair Community

H115i Pro vs H115i Pro XT

kkvl2

Hi, I'm new to the forums and had a question about the H115i Pro vs H115i Pro XT coolers. I've done a bunch of research already but haven't been able to find all the detailed information so was hoping some of the knowledgeable members of this forum could weigh in. It's confusing, because the corsair website currently makes the Pro RGB and Pro RGB XT look almost identical, yet both are still available. If this question has already been asked somewhere here before admin feel free to delete.

As far as I can tell, the main features are:

H115i Pro:

- Asetek 6th gen pump (1100rpm, 2160rpm, 2850rpm)

- Single zone RGB

- 1100 RPM Max speed fans

- Limited availability because being replaced by XT

H115i Pro XT:

- Basically pump hardware from Platinum but lacking the RGB (LL?) fans & other RGB features

- So, CoolIT pump (assuming the same as Platinum?? i.e. 2000rpm, 2400rpm, 2900rpm)

- Black Pump Head

I care most about idle noise (do lots of productivity work in addition to gaming) and would be willing to sacrifice a few delta degrees C if it means less noise. As a result I've bought one of the seemingly last remaining H115i Pro's left in my country because I've heard the 1100RPM mode is significantly quieter than the 2000RPM min speed of the Platinum. I'm wondering, can anyone confirm if the XT runs the same pump speeds & has the same louder pump as the Platinum?

I'm not too concerned about the improved RGB on the XT, but I do like the black pump head!

I haven't unboxed the Pro I've bought yet and am still in the return window in the case I want to switch to the XT. Hopefully someone can help me decide between Pro and Pro XT. Thanks!

I am not sure the XT series is a direct replacement for the Pro line (despite the confusing naming), but I think you have the gist of it. XT and Platinum do have the same pump, with only a color change to the housing. Your reasoning seems logical to me and the 1100 rpm speed is extremely quiet. You will need to manually toggle it back up before gaming, but it seems the right choice. I enjoyed my H115i Pro and it has had few complaints or reliability issues in the forum.
  • Confused 1