Corsair Community

Corsair SPEC-Omega RGB Lighting problems

SebbeT99

Hi! Me and my friend recently bought two Spec-omega rgb cases together. After installing and setting everything up we discovered that all of his lighting included (front led strip and 2 HD fans) were working when my didn´t. We tried plugging and unplugging everything without success which led us to conclude that the hubs we recieved with the case (1x lighting node pro + 1 rgb led fan hub) were defect. So we rma´d it and recieved two new hubs. After that things has been weird. On my friends computer, the SPEC-Omega RGB Case shows up as detected in iCue. In that tab he can alter the front strip and the two fans with success. On my side however, the case is not showing, instead the Lighting Node Pro itself is showing up as detected. In that tab I can edit the front strip so it does work, the problem is with the fans. I have chosen the right Lighting Channel 2 (which the hub is connected to) and clicked that I have 2 HD fans. But nothing happens. There is no lighting on the fans whatsoever even though everything is indeed connected properly. There is a 3 pin cable connected to the Node pro from the front led, and a 2 pin cable between the fan hub and the node pro. So my question is. Why does my fans RGB not work? And why isn´t the case itself show up in iCue? Why the Node Pro instead?

The Lighting Node Pro that comes with that case has a special firmware that indicates that it's a Spec Omega RGB. So ... you need that firmware from Corsair. Once you get it and apply it, your fan should appear as a Spec Omega RGB Case.

As for the fans ... that's difficult to say. Have you tried adding them to your friend's hub? Do you have them plugged in to position 1 and 2? Have you tried swapping their positions in the fan hub?

The Lighting Node Pro that comes with that case has a special firmware that indicates that it's a Spec Omega RGB. So ... you need that firmware from Corsair. Once you get it and apply it, your fan should appear as a Spec Omega RGB Case.

As for the fans ... that's difficult to say. Have you tried adding them to your friend's hub? Do you have them plugged in to position 1 and 2? Have you tried swapping their positions in the fan hub?

I see, thank you! Do you know how I get this firmware and how to install/apply it?

Yeah the fans is weird, it doesn´t work with another hub. The fans are connected to 1 and 2 but I´ve also tried other ports, switching around etc. without results

If the fans aren't working on a known-good hub and NoPro, then at least one of them is bad. And, to clarify, they must be on ports 1 and 2 on the Fan Hub. However, switching the order of the fans may help - the fans operate in a series (like Christmas lights) and one bad fan can make anything past it on the fan hub go out.

As for the firmware, you would need to contact Corsair Support. The firmware isn't available for separate download so that'll be the only way that you get it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived