Corsair Community

1500 crackling issue

mythicevil

I have the same issues! I did not even notice it when playing Call of Duty MW3 but when I started playing some music on Windows Media Player I noticed a lot of random pops and cracks in the background and some are quite loud! I have a large LANWAR to go to and got this for a upgrade to my old turtle beach headset. I really dont want to have to go through returns and hope'n that it will have a replacement in time...

Any idea's?!!! Could it be an issue with the microsoft downloaded drivers that windows automatically installed on plugging in and then I downloaded the newest driver found on ********'s website. Then fallowed the instructions to restart the pc... I sure how you guys find a fix for this without returns...

:mad:

------ I extracted the "v1500driver_1-1_1" to a folder and tried to use the Device Manager to point to the Driver manually but it made no diff. I even tried to use the Vista driver but it had the same issue. The odd thing is I think it works pretty good and then like after one song to sometimes not even a whole song goes by and the pops and crackles start to be more and more noticeable... I am racking my brain in trying to solve this but not having any luck. Anyone have any idea's? This has me quite depressed...

Side note: Look at how many people have looked at this one post... I wonder how many of them also have the same issue but to lazy to sign up and reply. Just how big is this fumble of Corsair's?

if Anyone looks up this headset and popping or crackle you will find MANY people (myself included) that has this very upsetting issue. Change of PC made no diff.

Change of software mode no diff.

Change of driver from use of the auto installer to extracting the installer and installing manually through the Device Manager.

Windows Updates Driver no diff.

Only seems to do it when sound is made like in playing music and such.

Also resetting things and reinstalling sometimes has 30-60 sec. where it seems to be fine and then that damn popping starts again!!!

I thought a company like Corsair would be great considering the Memory quality is great, why shouldn't the other stuff they make be... Sadly, the headset I fell in love with is now one I can hardly use and I JUST GOT IT!!! If I or they don't find a fix for this soon, I don't know if I will EVER trust this company again nor recommend it to anyone of my customers again...

• Corsair Employee
if Anyone looks up this headset and popping or crackle you will find MANY people (myself included) that has this very upsetting issue. Change of PC made no diff.

Change of software mode no diff.

Change of driver from use of the auto installer to extracting the installer and installing manually through the Device Manager.

Windows Updates Driver no diff.

Only seems to do it when sound is made like in playing music and such.

Also resetting things and reinstalling sometimes has 30-60 sec. where it seems to be fine and then that damn popping starts again!!!

I thought a company like Corsair would be great considering the Memory quality is great, why shouldn't the other stuff they make be... Sadly, the headset I fell in love with is now one I can hardly use and I JUST GOT IT!!! If I or they don't find a fix for this soon, I don't know if I will EVER trust this company again nor recommend it to anyone of my customers again...

Despite what the forums may indicate, most mic issues actually have been resolved by either an exchange or its a hardware issue with the system as it doesn't persist on a different machine (which is why a lot of our responses have been to test it on another PC). If you are having issues with your headset, feel free to request a RMA so we can exchange it for you. You can also check the latency of your USB ports to see if there are any issues that may case your USB headset to malfunction. Nforce chipsets are notorious for sporadic performance with both their SATA controller and USB connections due to their buggy drivers (though Im not implying that this is the issue for you).

• Corsair Employee
I did notice that the headset seems to work just fine in "Star Wars - The Old Republic" but gets bad pops and crackles in even music on java games and such like facebook and google+ in addition to music.

Have you been able to test it on a different machine by the way?

Archived