Corsair Community

Void Carbon Wireless Issues

Eloweasel

Well after that hilarious default lighting scare, my headset has gone a bit weird - if I leave it to charge, it charges to 100% just fine, but then it'll randomly switch on and off (with that beep-boop noise) while I'm using it (I've tried toggling the auto-shutoff option just in case it was faulty, but it happens when it's on and off, and when sound is or isn't present). Same with the charging cable in and out, although plugging it back in to charge can make the dropouts slightly less frequent.

Edit: It's kind of like if I walk in and out of the wireless range (which is extremely low for some reason, perhaps due to the number of walls in my house?), the headset drops out, but then reconnects if I intervene.

Works perfectly fine otherwise, but it's getting really annoying when I'm gaming and all of a sudden I just lose all sound and voice communication. Toggling the mute button usually helps, but is there any way I can fix this?

Headset is paired normally, I've done the forced firmware update, and I've tried re-pairing the headset multiple times. Also sometimes in the CUE application, the battery level appears as '?', even though the status is always at 'working normally'.

• 2 weeks later...
By randomly switching off, is it always a set time e.g. every 10-15 minutes or is it always random? e.g. 5,6,7... minutes after turning it on.

Do you have any other wireless devices where the headset and dongle are?

No it's just completely random, it's usually when I move my head around? I've considered wireless interference, but I just tried putting my iPhone on aeroplane mode and shutting off the wifi, and that helped a little bit? But the only things that it could be are the wifi/router itself, or my Logitech dongles for my mouse (which can be wireless or cabled, and I always have it plugged in), and my keyboard.

I suspect if it's anything it's going to be my keyboard just because the dongle is close to the Void dongle, and the actual keyboard is close to the headset? But I feel like that's very unlikely?

I would normally think that it's the dongle itself but it's always on, like the light is always on, and it doesn't physically drop in and out from the device manager, it's just like it temporarily goes into 'sleep' mode or something, even though I'm in the middle of a game or a movie.

Archived