Corsair Community

Suggestion on how to properly connect different Corsair fans

LordKoen

I am planning on doing some upgrades to my build in terms of cooling as that is something I skipped on when originally building it about a year ago.

I am going to buy an h100i RGB Platinum SE (which will be top mounted), a single white LL 120 Fan for the exhaust in the back (So it matches the fans in the AIO) and 3 ML 120 Pro (Non-RGB) for the front of the case (I have the Carbide 275R).

I was wondering, how can I connect all of these to my computer? Like I couldn't just get a fan hub because they have to be the same fans right? Also I have never had an AIO so apparently the fans connect to it?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

RGB fans come with 2 cable each, 1 for RPM control and 1 for RGB control.

The RPM cables of the AIO’s fans are to be connected in AIO’s itself header (then the AIO has a USB cable to be plugged into the motherboard), for the other 4 fans you need four free headers on your mobo. Otherwise you must pick up a hub, like Commader Pro, so you’ll be able to control fans speeds with iCue.

RGB cables instead need an RGB hub and a Lightning Node Pro to gather RGB control (the LNP has another USB cable to be plugged into the motherboard).

If you get a CoPro you won’t need the LNP but still need the RGB hub.

About your doubt on hubs, it regards just the RGB part... you can mix different type of fans for the RPM part and still be able to control the speed of all of them. Instead, if you mix different kind of RGBs (for example LL and QL), you will need a RGB hub for each kind of fan as they have different number of led, or they won’t act the same.

Baio

Edited by Baio