Corsair Community

New AX1200i is dead - Help

martinav

I just got what was supposed to be a new AX1200i PS on ebay. It was not a "too good to be true deal", but it wasnt bad. Anyway, I installed it, and it seemed to work okay. Installed windows, and then "click". No sensational event, it just clicked off.

5V must still be good, the power/reset lights still illuminate on the motherboard. I hit the power button, and these two lights go out for a second or two, then come back on. No sounds. Nothing.

I push the "Self test" button (after disconnecting all of the modular cables), and the light flicks "red" for just a split moment. Nothing more.

Is there anything else that I can do? Or, is this just dead.

I'm not sure whether to return it, or if Corsair will take an RMA if I dont have a receipt from a retail vender.

Thoughts??

Unfortunately our warranty does not cover items purchased from private individuals selling on ebay. I would recommend you contact the seller and Ebay and return the defective power supply under Ebay's buyer protection policy.

Keep in mind that companies sell new product on eBay too. NewEgg, for example, sells on eBay.

Would Corsair not honor a warranty of a new item from NewEgg if it was sold via eBay?

• Corsair Employee
Keep in mind that companies sell new product on eBay too. NewEgg, for example, sells on eBay.

Would Corsair not honor a warranty of a new item from NewEgg if it was sold via eBay?

Based on the OPs description it wasn't Newegg or Best Buy which of course we do honor. That is why I made a point to distinguish private individuals.