Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum SE temps

lepuzki

Alright so I built a new pc and I am having some CPU temp concerns. My CPU at idle sits at 40-50°C and in load it jumps up to 80°C. Are these normal temperatures for this kind of system?(specs below) I am sure that I have plugged all connectors in and tightened the cooler well, at this point I am clueless to what is going on with my temps. On my case the rad is an exhaust on the top and 3 cooling fans to intake air (ll120). Am I doing something wrong here?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.1Ghz (core voltage 1.3, soc voltage 1.1)

RAM: Trident z neo 3600 cl16

MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

GPU: MSI rtx 2080 super x trio

CASE: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

POWER SUPPLY: Corsair RM750x

I have the latest bios and all updated drivers. In iCue the radiator fans set to balanced and pump on extreme. My coolers fluid temps usually sit at 30-40°C depending on load.

1948486488_20200109_190713_HDR(1).thumb.jpg.1309014a13c82fdd47a5a5aa839c72e8.jpg

That seems a bit high with that cooler, i have an i9 9900k and my idle sits at 28 degrees and jumps to 50 ish when gaming,

is the head unit seated right on the cpu?

are both fans running and ramp up when under load?

you can set a manual fan speed to check they ramp up ok

or try using new thermal paste to make sure is sitting on the cpu right

That seems a bit high with that cooler, i have an i9 9900k and my idle sits at 28 degrees and jumps to 50 ish when gaming,

is the head unit seated right on the cpu?

are both fans running and ramp up when under load?

It is properly seated and both fans ramp up normally

wow that does seem a bit high, ok i'm not sure what idle temps should be with that cpu, is it overclocked and running at full all the time, or is the cpu under load all the time.

You probably checked all that but just in case

The h100i i had before was good at temps on intel, it had my cpu at 60 to 70 degrees while under load when gaming, it may be that the cpu you have runs at that temp anyway

the h115 i have just now is also an exaust but as you can see on the pic it keeps it cool, only time mine gets a bit hotter is when the gfx card is hot

841936303_icuepumpspeed.thumb.jpg.f30f1358466b5238ed6c907cbf9d9286.jpg

you could try reversing the fans so its set to intake but i cant see it making that much difference, especially with that case, its an awesome case you have, i take it you gfx card is not too hot

only thing i seen on google was to make sure you have the latest bios for the motherboard

That cpu does run hottish tho, 80 degrees seems just above average for it

you could try reversing the fans so its set to intake but i cant see it making that much difference, especially with that case, its an awesome case you have, i take it you gfx card is not too hot

Yeah my GPU runs really cool all times

ok check bios is up to date for the motherboard, but that cpu runs at 70+ degrees according to posts ive seen on google/reddit

It might be that thats just the temp it will run at

i would have thought the cooler would bring the temps down to below average tho

is the airflow in you case ok?

front fans as intake rear as exaust i take it?

Edited by Cyrusuk

ok check bios is up to date for the motherboard, but that cpu runs at 70+ degrees according to posts ive seen on google/reddit

It might be that thats just the temp it will run at

i would have thought the cooler would bring the temps down to below average tho

is the airflow in you case ok?

front fans as intake rear as exaust i take it?

My airflow is fine as the rad exhausts cool air and i have the newest bios installed and yes the front fans are intake.

sorry i cant help more mate, maybe someone else has a suggestion

as i said i would have thought that cooler would have brought the temps down to below average for you, but it might just be how it runs

Good luck with the temps tho, sorry i have no fix for you

side panel removal was just a last atempt

maybe try updating icue to the latest version too

Edited by Cyrusuk

I build similar setup for my son:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock

RAM: Hyper X 3400 cl16

MOBO: MSI B450 Mortar Max

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Armor

CASE: Corsair 280 X

- 2x LL140 Frontal intake

- 1x LL140 Bottom intake

CPU Cooler: H100i Platinum SE (Top exhaust)

POWER SUPPLY: Corsair RM750x

CPU temp is around 34 Celsius when idling and after 1hour and 45minutes run Prime95 (Smallest FTT) CPU temperature is around 76-77 Celsius. Room temperature was little over 24 degrees.

All case and H100i fans are controlled by Commander Pro (custom fan curves) and none of them won't exceed 950 RPM.

280x is not good case from air flow point of view, but this setup is quiet.