The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Freaxy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 828093
Freaxy Reputation: 10

You sir, are a legend! thanks a lot!

Edit:
Sadly I also have to redo the profile every boot up.
Hope corsair adds this functionality.

Last edited by Freaxy; 12-29-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:52 PM

POST ID # = 828345
SilentGTBoy Reputation: 10

I'm trying to use this tutorial to create a profile that highlights the last number key I've pressed (current weapon selected). If I'm able to switch between "Typing Mode" and Lighting Mode, and each has a lighting scheme that highlights "1" or "2", can I expand this to 10 profiles labeled 1-10? I'm using a Strafe RGB and I haven't been been able to get the base tutorial working yet.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:33 PM

POST ID # = 830905
Anubi1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeze95 View Post
Hi, I attempted your tutorial and failed.. double checked and still nothing. Anyway when I got the end I realized this wouldn't do what I'm looking for anyway xD but I think you could still maybe help me... I play starcraft and I'm making a profile for a custom hotkey set up. In starcraft you can set camera points to hotkeys, and you set them up in game.
ex: to set up camera 1 you hold "ALT" and then you press the hot key.
so I need ALT to change modes while still sending an alt command to the game and switch back to the original mode on release.
fortunately there is an awesome demo of this here http://ivanvolosyuk.github.io/thecor...er/visualizer/
after you click, on the bottom right click show tutorial, then scroll down and click right handed and then click random.
then hold and release alt... this is what I want my keyboard to do! (: any help would be appreciated.
also a side question; I know corsair was planning on making their CUE software interact with the game, any idea if that's a thing yet? I may make a new thread on this... my ultimate goal is to make a profile that acts exactly as the demo I sent you, with modes for each units selected. (click on different units to see what I mean)
again thanks in advance
Im trying to do a similar thing but with ctrl, shift... keys, but I cannot find a way to do it.
Im following this tutorial but I can only get to:
Press control: (nothing happens)
Release control, the mode changes.
And I have to press control and release to get back to my main mode.

I just want to get:
Press control: change mode and keep registering control key
Release control: change back to my main mode.

Any clue on how to do that?

Old 01-14-2016, 01:40 PM

POST ID # = 830986
KoalaT Reputation: 10
Default Mine won't work

I have a new Corsair Strafe RBG. I followed this guide EXACTLY twice and it did not work. Is there anyway you can help?! I really want this feature to work.

I used Notepad++, the exact same keys, the same file names, everything. Really want this to work and IDK why it won't.

Last edited by KoalaT; 01-14-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:27 PM

POST ID # = 831058
KoalaT Reputation: 10
Default Solved

Problem solved. Instead of finding the proper <Id> using your method, I did a search command for "mode switch". There is a date below each mode switch. I found the one that corresponded to today and that was the right one.

I had multiple (about 2-3) mode switches for today, but I tried each one. Finally one worked

Old 01-15-2016, 08:36 AM
ph0enX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 831125
ph0enX Reputation: 11

My Strafe arrived today, and the first thing I did was trying your Tutorial.

After finding out the logical link of the ID's in the different files I got the clue about what to do.

The only sad thing is now, that I also have to reimport the .act files, after every bootup, and reassign them in the profile.

I really really hope that Corsair will add this feature. Also not only with mode switch on press and release, but also on Mode Swotch on button-hold!!!

This is an absolute Killer-Feature where Corsair would outstand of the competition!

Not a single manufacturer can do it. Razer can't Logitech can't.
Only Roccat can do it, but not in RGB!!

Come on Corsair #justdoit :D

Old 01-27-2016, 06:01 AM
ScarletStreak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833496
ScarletStreak Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubi1 View Post
Im trying to do a similar thing but with ctrl, shift... keys, but I cannot find a way to do it.
Im following this tutorial but I can only get to:
Press control: (nothing happens)
Release control, the mode changes.
And I have to press control and release to get back to my main mode.

I just want to get:
Press control: change mode and keep registering control key
Release control: change back to my main mode.

Any clue on how to do that?
Yes, you just make the new mode that the profile switches to when you hold Ctrl, and change the keys in that mode to a keystroke macro of Ctrl+[key]. Make sure to specify direct mode switch ONLY while pressed.

So I used this tutorial and it works great, but every time I restart the PC, I have to re-import/update the actions.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:32 PM

POST ID # = 835509
Theairstrike Reputation: 10
Default pls help

hello, apparently i am not a very smart guy and after a week of trying i did not manage to do this on my own. also after downloading the given profile i failed to make the keyboard go back to lighting mode when i press enter again (or as the guy who made the guide phrased it "If you want to make a macro that switches from Typing mode back to Lighting mode, just follow the guide again, making sure you use a mode switch to Lighting mode and a macro on Typing mode.")
i would appreciate it very much if someone who successfully did this or something similar could share it with me.
thank you very much!

Old 03-06-2016, 01:20 AM
ScarletStreak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 840911
ScarletStreak Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theairstrike View Post
hello, apparently i am not a very smart guy and after a week of trying i did not manage to do this on my own. also after downloading the given profile i failed to make the keyboard go back to lighting mode when i press enter again (or as the guy who made the guide phrased it "If you want to make a macro that switches from Typing mode back to Lighting mode, just follow the guide again, making sure you use a mode switch to Lighting mode and a macro on Typing mode.")
i would appreciate it very much if someone who successfully did this or something similar could share it with me.
thank you very much!
I'll try to explain again. In the profile that you want to do this in
  • create a new mode and let's name it "modified."
  • Select your default mode and right click the modifier key want to use (we'll use Ctrl as an example) and click "mode selection/switching."
  • Leave "Direct Mode Selection," selected and use the pull down menu to select "modified."
  • Click the box next to "While Pressed..." so that it is checkmarked.
  • Uncheck the selection that says "apply setting to..." at the bottom.
  • Click Assign.
  • Now select "Modified," mode and on every key that you desire, right click and click on "Assign New Action." (for this example we'll say "Z."
  • At the top, name the action "Ctrl + Z"
  • On the left hand side, select "keystroke."
  • Click in the selection field under "select or enter keystrokes."
  • Hold Ctrl (remember, we're just using Ctrl as an example) and press the key we're assigning this action to. (Example: Hold Ctrl and press Z)
  • The menu should now read "Ctrl + z"
  • Click "Ok," at the bottom right.
  • Repeat for all other keys you need this for
  • Done.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:12 AM
korro's PC Specs

POST ID # = 841442
korro Reputation: 10

first of all great tutorial, i had no problem at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletStreak View Post
Yes, you just make the new mode that the profile switches to when you hold Ctrl, and change the keys in that mode to a keystroke macro of Ctrl+[key]. Make sure to specify direct mode switch ONLY while pressed.

So I used this tutorial and it works great, but every time I restart the PC, I have to re-import/update the actions.
i've also tried this, it works, but it takes definitely too long to change all the keys i need to a ctrl+key macro.
i'm trying a different approach, but i still have some trouble so i'm looking for some hints. basically i've tried to switch mode as described in the tutorial, without the "switch only while pressed" but i've assigned only the key press (no release) to the macro. Doing so i'm able to hold down ctrl, change mode and use every ctrl+key shortcut without creating a macro for each key, but i have still troubles going back to the base mode. the most logical solution seems to be using a key release only macro activated on ctrl key release, just the opposite to what i've done on key press in the base mode, but it seems cue is not picking it up, so it's not switching back to base mode on key release. Any idea on why it's not picking it up? is it possible to do this somehow or i'm just wasting my time?

Old 04-30-2016, 08:06 AM
IvanCupa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 849840
IvanCupa Reputation: 10

Hello, I'm new user of Strafe RGB.

Just wanna ask simple & dumb question.

"If you want to make a macro that switches from Typing mode back to Lighting mode, just follow the guide again, making sure you use a mode switch to Lighting mode and a macro on Typing mode."

If I follow the tutorial to switch from typing to lighting mode and I assign the macro at, let's say Enter key, this means I've lost normal functionality of Enter key?
Am I right?

It is possible to make "switch to lighting mode" from typing mode without losing any key normal functionality?

Thanks for your answer!

Old 04-30-2016, 08:43 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 849847
terabyte Reputation: 73

If you follow this tutorial you can make it without losing the normal functionality, that's what this tutorial is for.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:14 PM
IvanCupa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 849893
IvanCupa Reputation: 10

Uhm, my bad, I seems didn't follow the tutorial correctly.
My problem is solved now.
Thanks.

But, I have another question. Is this trick applicable only to changing mode?
Can this trick used for another actions (e.g macro / shortcut / hotkey)?

I have a case:
I have a profile for my browser, in first mode I created that if I press Ctrl + Alt + Y my browser open Youtube in a new tab. ( I use "How activate a macro with a multi key combo." tutorial)

Using that tutorial my Ctrl key lost it's normal function, can I use this trick so my Ctrl key didn't lost it's normal function?
So I can still use Ctrl + C shortcut to copy something for example.
If yes, how is the workaround?

Thanks again.

Last edited by IvanCupa; 04-30-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:21 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 849923
terabyte Reputation: 73

It it probably possible following this same tutorial with some tweaks, but I never tried so I can't say it will work for sure.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:58 PM

POST ID # = 852233
thecompactor Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by korro View Post
first of all great tutorial, i had no problem at all.

i've also tried this, it works, but it takes definitely too long to change all the keys i need to a ctrl+key macro.
i'm trying a different approach, but i still have some trouble so i'm looking for some hints. basically i've tried to switch mode as described in the tutorial, without the "switch only while pressed" but i've assigned only the key press (no release) to the macro. Doing so i'm able to hold down ctrl, change mode and use every ctrl+key shortcut without creating a macro for each key, but i have still troubles going back to the base mode. the most logical solution seems to be using a key release only macro activated on ctrl key release, just the opposite to what i've done on key press in the base mode, but it seems cue is not picking it up, so it's not switching back to base mode on key release. Any idea on why it's not picking it up? is it possible to do this somehow or i'm just wasting my time?
Have you made any progress with this? I am very interested in finding a workaround.