Corsair Community

Hydro X Configurator not selecting XD5

So I will be getting a new PC and have thought of making a custom loop with Hydro X. I will be using the Evolv X case from Phanteks, but I selected the 500D RGB SE because Corsair doesn’t yet have a model for the Evolv X. So I made a configuration, went to the modeling and it spits out a 54mm radiator thickness (which is fine) but then has the new XD3 pump. That’s good and all, but I want the XD5 and a 33mm 360mm radiator and I can’t change the pump! Like, I click on the pump section and I can’t change it to a XD5 pump. And I’ve done this configuration before (3700X and a 2080 Super) and I forgot the price but now I don’t know how to get my XD5 configuration back.

Is there a way to fix this? Can I just swap out the pumps in the cart (I have clearance) and be good to go? And also Corsair should add the option to change the pump/res for those who want a big one like me.

• Corsair Employee

Hi,

To design your loop, you should use the case in which you plan to build. Even if the Evolv X does not have a 3D render available, the compatibility check was done at the highest possible level and accounts possibilities of the targeted case model.

If the configurator does not allow to change out the pump it means that there is not enough clearance to install everything. Usually, the limiting factor is the length of the graphics card.

Could you let me know the exact configuration you are using? You can use the copy configuration link feature on the configuration overview step.

• 2 months later...
@Corsair GregX or another Corsair employee I am ordering parts to build in the 465x and the configurator does the same thing it does not select the XD5 but I wanted to know if it will fit for because I want to use the XD5 to have better flow, I am using the asus rog crosshair viii formula with an nvidia rtx2080ti fe with an amd ryzen 9 3950x. But the main question is will it fit WITHOUT using a vertical mount. the formula has two slots so i was thinking of maybe putting the gpu on the lower slot to give a little more clearance but i dont want to order all the parts for my loop without first figuring this out

• Corsair Employee

NNyf9Sn.png

It should work if the secondary x16 slot is used to install your graphics card. The XD5 can be pushed towards the top of the case with the fan bracket installed on the middle fan position on the front radiator.

A few points to consider:

• Don't choose XD5 solely on assumption it will have a better flow. XD3 is also a super-strong pump/res unit.
  • It might get really tight or even too tight to install fittings and route tubing if the XD5 is pushed towards the top of the case. On top, you will also have ports of the front radiator.

Hi darthxanxus,

Just a thought - I have that exact motherboard for my build and my understanding of this page in the manual (and this applies to almost every 570 mobo I have looked at) you pretty much have to use slot 1 for your graphics card if you want the full 16 PCIE lanes. The second and third slots don't operate in full x16 mode.

HXznisv.jpg

I think there are the odd board around where slot 3 can be x16 on its own, but I think that may be an Intel board, not for AMD.

I could, also be wrong too, but you should double check before you go down that path. I'm planning on a riser card for my build and would love it if I wasn't limited to slot 1, but I think I am.

• 2 weeks later...
So I will be getting a new PC and have thought of making a custom loop with Hydro X. I will be using the Evolv X case from Phanteks, but I selected the 500D RGB SE because Corsair doesn’t yet have a model for the Evolv X. So I made a configuration, went to the modeling and it spits out a 54mm radiator thickness (which is fine) but then has the new XD3 pump. That’s good and all, but I want the XD5 and a 33mm 360mm radiator and I can’t change the pump! Like, I click on the pump section and I can’t change it to a XD5 pump. And I’ve done this configuration before (3700X and a 2080 Super) and I forgot the price but now I don’t know how to get my XD5 configuration back.

Is there a way to fix this? Can I just swap out the pumps in the cart (I have clearance) and be good to go? And also Corsair should add the option to change the pump/res for those who want a big one like me.

Hi

You can choose manually after adding to cart.

As said, you should pay attention to their choice.

I used XR7 360mm for 500D RGB SE, but I had to take the fans on the front panel outside.

6-A06072-D-DE5-A-47-A1-8-CE9-98-ABA612-CD3-F.jpg

For XD7

In-case and graphics card width should be appropriate

or you need to choose a vertical video card in a case.

Edited by DarkCrazy