Corsair Community

Controlling the lights and fan?

AvisNYC

Hi all, I'm new to the iCUE family and need some guidance...

I am looking to install 6 Corsair QL fans and I want to control the LED's and fan speeds using the iCUE software. I realized that the QL fans come with the Lightning Node Core so in order for me to control the speed of the fans I'm assuming I also have to get the Commander Pro? If so, do I need to use both the LNC and CP or can I just replace the LNC with the CP? Will I be able to control the lights and fan speed with just using the CP?

If you want to control fan speeds in iCUE, you definitely need a Commander Pro. In order to replace the Lighting Node Core that comes with the QL series fans, however, you'll need an RGB Fan LED Hub. Otherwise, just use the NoCo to control the RGB and the CoPro to control the fan speeds.

If you want to control fan speeds in iCUE, you definitely need a Commander Pro. In order to replace the Lighting Node Core that comes with the QL series fans, however, you'll need an RGB Fan LED Hub. Otherwise, just use the NoCo to control the RGB and the CoPro to control the fan speeds.

Thanks for the clarification. Can I connect the Lighting Node Core to the Commander Pro? I only have one USB header on my MB.