Corsair Community

Repair Service for Corsair One

How can we pay to have the Corsair One Repaired, as some units are older and outside of warranty.

Failed GPU or PSU

Thanks!

CORSAIR ONE

Part Number CS-9000007-NA Serial Number 003817085104

Z270I CORSAIR ONE (MS-7A66)

Intel® Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Mem: CM4B8G4J2400A16K2-ON

Corsair Force LE SSD 480 GB

Seagate ST2000LM015-2E8174 2 TB

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

• 2 weeks later...
So were can we get replacement parts for our Corsair Ones, especially now that many of us are out of our warranties? Definitely a major deciding factor when purchasing a PC and moving forward with current C1 owners. It's been over week no reply yet.

• 2 weeks later...

So no reply at all in over a week and during the Holidays. I take that as a no we haven't figured that out yet. For now you are left to figure out the problem yourself, or buy a new one if your product is out of warranty. Hmmmmm that's what it sounds like. Great product, poor long term exclusive support.

Starting to not sound like a good idea to get another C1. Good thing I haven't had any issues with my exclusive hardware configuration now that my warranty period is over.

Corsair Dustin common my dude I'm lookin for you on this one Brotha.

Edited by zguy85

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been seeking a replacement RAD/AIO for a Corsair One i7-7700k system, yesterday receiving a email from Corsair Support telling me that they will not sell me the parts and that I should drop $5,000 AUD on a new system instead.

Now I’m forced to make application to the Department of fair trading, to seek a full refund of the system, as they refused to support the customer with replacement parts.

I have loved the Corsair One concept and love the design on my desk, but the customer service/support is not there. Anyone buying a Corsair One should think twice, because replacing the entire system when a $300 part fails is not acceptable.

Shameful really.

I too have been seeking a replacement RAD/AIO for a Corsair One i7-7700k system, yesterday receiving a email from Corsair Support telling me that they will not sell me the parts and that I should drop $5,000 AUD on a new system instead.

Now I’m forced to make application to the Department of fair trading, to seek a full refund of the system, as they refused to support the customer with replacement parts.

I have loved the Corsair One concept and love the design on my desk, but the customer service/support is not there. Anyone buying a Corsair One should think twice, because replacing the entire system when a $300 part fails is not acceptable.

Shameful really.

I fully agree with you, the reality is that we have been set a side with older system. The same going to happen to those who buys new systems now. Thank god i purchased second hand Corsair one (700$) and didn't pay the full price, i feel you m8. It is the first and the last time i'm buying pre-build system from Corsair.

Luckily you can upgrade your system by yourself, it's not an easy task and GPU is the most pain in the ... as it has special cooling plate which will not fit on all of the GPU's but it's doable.

It just doesn’t make sense. Corsair have designed and built a great product, which has introduced customers like myself and others. However, to not support the product with spares?? It’s crazy! Who throws away a $5,000 computer because the RAD/AIO is damaged?

I received an email from Corsair yesterday informing me that my request to purchase a replacement RAD/AIO had been escalated. What does this mean?

My problem is dead simple, I just need to purchase a replacement RAD/AIO for the GPU side!

Frustrated and waiting!

• 8 months later...

Hey man, I hope you can keep us posted on how this turns out?

I've an "old" GXT 1080 Corsiar One I'd be looking to upgrade, if it's a case of direct contact with Corsair to 'purchase replacement parts' i'd be interested to see how your case turns out.

Granted you're looking to repair yours, but a new Rad might be required if I wanted to do a full overhault on this PC.

It might not be the most straightforward option, however if it means my now 3yr old machine can keep going, that'd be great.

• 5 months later...

Following up as promised.

For context: my C1 was crashing ~6 months out of warranty, but it was under warranty with my credit card as long as I got Corsair to state that my machine was busted. After numerous support tickets, escalations, and phone calls the final answer was, "we aren't going to help you." I'm sure you can believe that I wasn't pleased.

Fast forward to today. My friends and I diagnosed my problem to an overheating CPU and a failing AIO. I contacted Corsair online as well as by phone. I'm not suggesting one option is better than the other, just that I got different answers from different people.

The online ticket yielded a link to an AIO in the store that wasn't compatible with my C1. The phone support took down my C1 model number and the part number found on the AIO radiator (you can see this if you open the case). The AIO part number started with numbers (two numbers, dash, a few more numbers). This is important to know because their inventory system tracks these, but does not allow a customer to purchase them. The support agent opened a ticket on my behalf with their warehouse asking about this specific part number. This was an internal conversation so I never saw what was discussed, but about two days later that support agent asked for my mailing address and sent me a new AIO!

I can't express my gratitude enough to this support agent. I was ready to write off Corsair as a whole if it wasn't for this interaction. It really felt like someone cared. I hope this helps some of you!

I’m having the same issue and tech support says sorry out of warranty and they do not have the part in stock for sale. I have one on the first gen Corsair Ones and a i165. I’m worried that they don’t stand by these systems at all after the warranty expires. No wonder they don’t have them in stock any longer. They need to either recall these systems or offer replacement parts. AIO’s fail but having a system with a custom part they need to offer parts.

They don't stand by their systems at all. They don't offer out of warranty support or replacement parts.

Even in warranty they don't stand by their systems. I filed a support ticket in relation to an iCUE / x570 USB bug... they said they'd look into it and ghosted me. There have been 8 BIOS updates for the retail version of my motherboard that increase performance / stability / compatibility and Corsair refuses to update their custom version of the board because it isn't a security concern.

Back with another update.

First, for everyone that feels Corsair doesn't stand by their C1 products, I felt the same way originally. Honestly though, I have gotten significantly better support when I talked with someone on the phone than via a support ticket. Link them to my post above and ask them to do the same for you.

Onto the installation. The original AIO was fairly easy to remove. Two screws were a bit awkward to reach, but I had the CPU in a matter of minutes. Two screws to remove the side of the case, 4 screws to detach the pump from the CPU, and there are two wires you need to unplug from the board, don't forget the placement of the small wire. The new AIO came with thermal paste already applied, but that had to go. The paste must have dried out or something because I was getting 100C temperatures when I used it so I removed the paste from the CPU and pump and applied Noctua NT-H2 instead. Now I'm getting CPU temps in the 40-50C range with a max of 70C. My C1 is completely fixed.

I would highly encourage removing your AIO and applying a new set of thermal paste, but also link support to my post and ask to be helped the same way I was.

@nikon331 their C1 AIOs are custom and can't be purchased by customers ever. Get the part number of the AIO off of the radiator. Mine was 53-something. Give that to the support person. They'll be able to look up the part in their system, but like my previous post says, their system will not let a customer buy. Support will need to contact their warehouse with the part number and have them send it to you.

Thank you for your help, I managed to get one ordered. I used this forum as reference in my support ticket and that helped out a lot. I’m going to disassemble my old one and see how much nasty stuff is growing inside the cooler. I don’t have much confidence in AIO’s. I wonder how long the new one will last.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

My Corsair One Pro 9000011 GPU died a few weeks ago ..it was as it says on the graphic card a "GEFORCE GTX 1080 CORSAIR"

For the past two weaks I've contacted customer support via phone and emails and asked for help and had very vague responses from some of them (not all of them).

Who makes the GeForce GTX 1080 Corsair?

Corsair: - nVidia (contacted nvidia sent me back to corsair)

MSI actualy builds them! youl find the S/N coresponds to them

Curently waiting for an email answer to see if MSI will have a go at the card as they ACTUALY HAVE TECHNICAL SUPPORT for 3 YEARS :)

If not I'm thinking of putting a GTX970 but am not sure if I could fith the cooling system on this card, what do you guis think?

Forgot to post this https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=CIV&sectionNum=1793.03

Basicaly the California law says any manufacturer has to have spare parts for what you sell for the next 7 years, if the thing costs more then 100$.

Now in my opinion ...if you put together a veeeery veeeery custom PC and put your name/brand on it as many times as posible ....it might be safe to say that Corsair is the manufacturer

- Custom MSI Z270 mini ITX motherboard

- Custom GPU complete with a nice logo on top of it saying it's a CORSAIR GPU

- Cusom case (Corsair logo)

- Custom wiring (no logo)

- Custom vent (Corsair logo) and whatever else is custom in there

I think instead of putting so many logos on the thing just make some helpful support manuals that say things like: If your GPU fails please DO NOT CONTACT US AS WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW OR WITH WHAT TO REPLACE IT!

I AM SORRY I BOUGHT THE CORSAIR ONE PRO, and would sugest to anyone who thinks of getting THE ONE to think twice because I know the case is cool....but the second your waranty is OUT you are basicaly dead in the water with no parts and no options because of the extreme customisation. Will be making a YouTube video to see if there are more people who have a cool lit up CORSAIR bin!

Hi everyone!

My Corsair One Pro 9000011 GPU died a few weeks ago ..it was as it says on the graphic card a "GEFORCE GTX 1080 CORSAIR"

For the past two weaks I've contacted customer support via phone and emails and asked for help and had very vague responses from some of them (not all of them).

Who makes the GeForce GTX 1080 Corsair?

Corsair: - nVidia (contacted nvidia sent me back to corsair)

MSI actualy builds them! youl find the S/N coresponds to them

Curently waiting for an email answer to see if MSI will have a go at the card as they ACTUALY HAVE TECHNICAL SUPPORT for 3 YEARS :)

If not I'm thinking of putting a GTX970 but am not sure if I could fith the cooling system on this card, what do you guis think?

For the time being, while you wait for Corsair to respond, I can suggest an option for you but it will require a bit of work if you are willing to do it.

1. You can remove the liquid cooler from the graphics card and use it for your CPU. This is necessary so that the top fan can still respond to coolant temperature changes. Right now the top fan responds to GPU coolant temp changes as it is hard wired to the pump.

In my corsair model, this pump is actually the one used for the CPU because my system came with a normal air cooled GTX 1070. The pump bracket should fit on the motherboard and then you just connect the sensor back onto the motherboard and that way you can still have the top fan working properly. You will need to accommodate the hoses as they are longer and maybe just re-route the power cables and things but it should be possible.

2. Then you can just fit a normal graphics card like your gtx 970 without having to mess with the cooling. It will be easier and cheaper to place the AIO on the CPU than trying to work out how to fit it on another graphics card.

This of course can be temporary while you wait for Corsair to help. By the looks of it on other forums, you may need to keep insisting Corsair until you get a result.

Edited by EchoSierra

Try to follow the same steps I outlined in this thread. Find the part number on the card (for me it was an AIO). My part number was two numbers, dash, a few more numbers. Get a support agent on the phone and ask them to look up that part number. They can see all C1 parts, but won't be able to sell you a replacement. Once they've found it, have them open a ticket with their warehouse asking for a replacement part to be sent to you.

• 2 weeks later...
For those considering the Corsair One, I had a similar experience with troublesome GPU a three months outside the two year warranty. I was quite fond of the machine, but very disappointed to be told GPU issues are non-repairable and the unit is effectively dead. Support was great and tried to help think laterally but was unable to find a fix. Caveat emptor for future buyers.