Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro RGB Mouse Click Issues

My Scimitar Pro has an issue when the left mouse button is held down, it will occasionally register a release. If I try click and dragging, it will occasionally release. This has caused problems when dragging items around in Windows and in games, when trying to highlight text, or anything else that requires click and dragging.

I also have an issue with clicks registering as double clicks.

I am on firmware v 3.14 and I have updated it multiple times.

I have attempted to reset the mouse, updating the firmware, and other possible solutions found via searching.

I have had these issues for a while but its now coming to a point where if I can't find a solution that I'm just going to replace the mouse.

Anyone have anything that can actually resolve this problem?

I'm about to consider that its just something physically wrong with the mouse button. If I rebind a different mouse to the left button function, that other button has no issues.

Edited by Enko

Hello Enko,

i have a similar issue with my Scimitar PRO. Left Click sometimes double clicks since a few days and drag+drop sometimes releases the item.

You are not alone with this. I bought my mouse on may 2018, could be age and physical issue but also maybe software?

Same here! Purchased mine late 2018 and it's just starting to glitch on me.

Registering false double clicks and releasing click holds (click & drag).

I hope someone from Corsair investigates this.

Edited by tareeko
title

• 5 months later...
I have the same issue, started happening a few weeks back. If I press really hard on the left button, it works but not with usual click and hold. Seems like usual pressure isn't enough to maintain that contact & has to apply more pressure. Could this be because of dust accumulation?

• 4 weeks later...

I also have recent came across this issue. After doing a full tear down on the mouse ( by removing the Teflon pads underneath re-veiling the 4 screws ) I was able to pop the top shell and look at the switches which are perfectly fine no sticking or w/e. However, the pads that hit the switch are worn down ( weak plastic maybe? ) I tried to put a thin piece of tape on there to give it some bulk so it'll press the switch a bit more accurately and it worked for a bit but after some use it was back to having issues or not working at all.

Not sure if this is an RMA worthy deal or just a wear and tear issue? I've had the mouse for over 2 years now, but imo I've had other mice last 5-8 years before clicks or buttons go bad....

• 3 months later...

Reviving this thread because my right click is experiencing this same issue as of 2-3 days ago.

Has there been any solutions found? Is the mouse malfunctioning?

I don't apply for an RMA now but it would be nice to know if this can be fixed because I absolutely love this mouse but I can't buy another one these days.

• 2 weeks later...
Reviving this thread because my right click is experiencing this same issue as of 2-3 days ago.

Has there been any solutions found? Is the mouse malfunctioning?

I don't apply for an RMA now but it would be nice to know if this can be fixed because I absolutely love this mouse but I can't buy another one these days.

I had the same issue, for me it was because the button is offset to the outer side of the mouse and my right mouse 'paddle' s bending because I tend to click on the inner edge of it.

So, I folded a tiny piece of masking tape and put it at the inner front corner of the 'paddle' to create a pivot point, hard to explain so here's a pic.

Play around with the size and thickness until you find one that feels alright and works, it won't be as good as new but it should work.

Or alternatively just try clicking on the outer side or using a claw grip.

mousefix.JPG.95625b9290422a255e0630bf560fbbd3.JPG

Edited by tempaccount

• 2 weeks later...
My scroll wheel seems doesn't work scroll anymore when i spin it. I think I've had for it more than a year now and got to find the receipt to see when I purchased it. I hope its not too much of hassle for a $100 mouse. Apparently there are other people that have this problem when I googled it. I wish I had know before I bought it.