Corsair Community

Poll, everyone that has dead LED's on K70

Loki76

• 6 years later...

I purchased this keyboard in Mar31/2015. I sent it back Jan13/2016 under RMA 6726463 due to led failures on some of the keys.

It cost me $31.67CAD to ship this unit to CA USA insured for $150CAD.

I received a replacement from Corsair sometime thereafter. Now, towards the end of 2019, this unit too - has developed issues again with 3 failed/burnt LED's on the following keys: "&7", "/" and "?/".

This is very unfortunate ... as I really like the look & feel of this keyboard ... but I don't think Corsair has an effective remedy in-place to ensure the LED's won't burn-out on these units. So going-forward, I will have to look elsewhere ... perhaps in the direction of Logitech who is getting it right up-front. Their G815 is a worthy replacement and is worth having a look at.

I just thought it my responsibility to also add my voice to the many-others experiencing issues with K70 LED's.

I've had my K70 MK.2 for about a year now and every LED and color is fine, however apparently there was a complete breakdown in quality control for my switches and I have put in an RMA as over half the switches on the keyboard experience key chatter. I will not be buying these types of Cherry switches anymore and the only mechanical keyboard I've ever had fail had been Corsair. Long time user of their products but I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the quality control for their peripherals.

edit: Reading more and more of these problems I am hesitant to pay for the the RMA shipping and simply scrap Corsair altogether, I should not have to pay shipping to fix a product that was defective from the factory. I understand manufacturing problems happen but having the customer pay for Corsair's mistake is not good business, and it's extremely rare for problems like this to occur within the 30 day limited warranty window.

Edited by kadargo