Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB RAM not working

Magga

Hey everyone, i just got my hands on the Corsair Vengeance RGB Dram. Package of 4x8gb 3000mhz. Motherboard is the Rampage V Extreme. I have downloaded the latest Corsair Link (v4.7.0.77) but i cant change any colour or modes. I am stuck with the default rainbow kind of something which i dont like. Does anyone knows something? (i also checked at corsair site and somewhere i read one answer by corsair saying ''Some motherboard vendors have a feature called “SPD Write” disabled by default, this feature will need to be set to enabled in order for CORSAIR LINK™ to control Vengeance RGB.'' ) If anyone had the same issue pls help.

• 4 months later...

To revive an old thread, but I have the same problem. I have an Asus z370-e gaming motherboard and have enabled SPD Write in the bios options, but there is no change in Corsair Link. It doesn't show the LED controls for the Vengeance RGB at all.

Help please!

• Corsair Employee
To revive an old thread, but I have the same problem. I have an Asus z370-e gaming motherboard and have enabled SPD Write in the bios options, but there is no change in Corsair Link. It doesn't show the LED controls for the Vengeance RGB at all.

Help please!

Please download latest C-LINK from http://www.corsair.com/en-us/downloads.

V4.9.1.23 adds Z370 support for Vengeance RGB.

• 6 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
Is Vengeance supported on the X470 boards (Asus ROG CH7) under iCUE. I can't seem to get it detected automatically.

Which kit are you using? Remember iCue is in its early stages as well so a new platform and itself could have some issues.

-Art

I have a asus prime-pro x470 Mobo and Corsair vengeance rgb ram. neither cue or link see the ram at all. I can change the color with asus aura just fine. but the Corsair applications do not seem to work at all. it's a fresh install of windows and fully updated. I've tried uninstalling aura and the Corsair applications and then just installing the Corsair apps either or both cue and link. nothing seems to work.

I reinstalled aura and used it for a few days. but then when changing colors one day on a single stick the led went out after rebooting. well I think it might just be in a bad color more or something since it does a single flash of red when I power off the machine. I had been messing with the brightness of red that day. so I'm not sure if the stick is just stuck too dim or the led blew. I wanted to try to correct with the Corsair sw but I simply can't get it to detect it.

• Corsair Employee
I have a asus prime-pro x470 Mobo and Corsair vengeance rgb ram. neither cue or link see the ram at all. I can change the color with asus aura just fine. but the Corsair applications do not seem to work at all. it's a fresh install of windows and fully updated. I've tried uninstalling aura and the Corsair applications and then just installing the Corsair apps either or both cue and link. nothing seems to work.

I reinstalled aura and used it for a few days. but then when changing colors one day on a single stick the led went out after rebooting. well I think it might just be in a bad color more or something since it does a single flash of red when I power off the machine. I had been messing with the brightness of red that day. so I'm not sure if the stick is just stuck too dim or the led blew. I wanted to try to correct with the Corsair sw but I simply can't get it to detect it.

Please uninstall Aura in its entirety once again, make sure you're on the latest bios and clear out the ASUS and Corsair folder from %APPDATA%, then install only Corsair Link.

• 2 weeks later...

so this ended getting resolved in a strange way. basically I uninstalled and cleared app data several times. this never would allow the sticks to be detected by cue. I ended up having a look at the sevices running. cue service was indeed running at normal priority. I changed the priority to high and it detected the ram as soon as I opened the cue app again. the ram led was still off for the one stick however. I took a shot at changing the colors of all sticks and boom it flipped on.

my theory is by using Asus Aura and messing with the colors, it got that one stick stuck in a off mode or something. oddly aura could not correct this even tho it put it in the mode. it seems the cue application made some change and corrected the led issue.

I am currently using aura for Mobo lighting and fans and have just unselected ram in aura at the top. then just use cue to control the ram LEDs. really I hope rgb gets standardized in someway soon. it really does suck having to use two different applications to control LEDs, plus the apps have different modes and features that others dont. it'd be nice if oems would step up and make it so third parties can control the rgb lighting. this isn't a stable at Corsair for sure. if I had to choose, I'd pick cue over aura to manage all my LEDs. but I can't even do that if I wanted to right now.

thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I had the same problem, where my RAM wasn't showing up in iCUE, but it was in BIOS, task manager and my monitoring software. I solved the problem by opening up iCUE, going to settings (found in the top banner) and clicking "Restart iCUE Service" (found in the bottom menu). I hope this helped someone! <3

Archived