Corsair Community

Hydro Series Cooler (Pro/Pro XT/Platinum/Elite) iCUE Detection Issues Megathread

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone, we've seen some of you are experiencing detection issues or the iCUE service stops unexpectedly. We have been actively working to resolve these and similar issues on the backend, but to further streamline the process, we are creating this thread and another to track the issues by cooler generation. This will help our software and validations teams to identify if an issue is isolated to a generation, model, or widespread. For tracking purposes, this thread will be specific for Current Gen Hydro Series Coolers which launched after the release of iCUE:

Pro Series

Pro XT Series

Platinum Series

Elite Capellix Series

Any additional information you provide about your system and hardware is really useful for our teams in identifying trends/commonalities, so it is good practice to update your systems specs in your user profile, and provide it in your original post (especially if you have multiple systems). We'll continue to provide responses and updates in the threads.

I just bought a H115I RGB Platinum and can confirm I've come across this issue in stress testing my CPU.

The first time I noticed this it seemed like the temperature the cooler shows in its performance section was updating showing 40C but the fans were doing nothing.

second time temp and fans speeds both froze.

Of course this isn't helpful when I see my cpu temps creeping towards 90C on a stress test so I had to cancel that.

Both times was when I was using a custom profile. When I used the extreme profile it worked fine for about 1.5 hours until I switched back to custom and within ~15 minutes the freeze hit.

I had read riva tuner might effect so I've uninstalled that to test and closed MSI after burner (In eed the later though for my GPU custom fan profiles - I do nothing with my GPU in Icue so I would they aren't related).

Really hope this gets resolved as reviews for the cooler seems really positive but had I read about this issue I wouldn't have purchased and seeing how long it's been going is really concerning.

Update: Tried without MSI Afterburner, no change. Custom profile just plain doesn't work correctly.

It's strange because the graphic of my CPU block that has the lights on it will occasionally freeze and when that happens sometimes the shown temp drops to 10c (which is wrong since my cpu is over 90Cwhen icue bugs out). Other times the cpu temp stays fine but the fans randomly drop right to 400 rpm even though the temp is well above my custom profile.

Switched to extreme and it seems to work ok and keeps my temps under 90c again as it should. Customer profiles seem bugged to all hell.

If this can't be fixed can anyone confirm if the following solution would work:

Plug my pump into a system fan port on my m/b and the 2 cooler fans into CPU_fan and CPU_Opt.

I then use more stable software (if not bios) to set system fan to 100% so pump is always at 100% and then using more stable software that works correctly to create new curve profiles for CPU_FAn and CPU_OPT based on my CPU temperature (not as ideal as the cooler temp but at the moment what icue offers is pretty useless).

Olny other thing would be the RGB but I imagine I can just leave that hooked as normal along with Sata plug?

Edited by menacenz
new info

Hi

I been having issue since I got this product, first fans would go 100% and nothing would fix it, so I had to uninstall I cue multiple times. Then 115i pro Xt RGB would just freeze and would have to power of pc and remove the psu cable.

While playing Battlefield 5, the fans ramped up from 1000rpm to 1800 for some reason and no longer able to adjust it in icue software, rebooted my pc no rgb and no longer being seen by icue. tried to uninstall the software and nothing seems to help. Fans are stuck at 100%. and its a mess.

280mm Pro XT Series

Edited by Simply

• Corsair Employee

To those who have reported this issue and provide their system specs, we really appreciate it. Those data are critical in finding a solution to address this issue.

Hello

My h115i RGB Platinum is not detected by iCue, but its detected by windows. I tried a lots of iCue versions, but still not work. 100% on fans, rgb doesn't work. Please help

Thanks for sharing this. Since you've tried different versions of iCUE to no avail, its possible that you have faulty USB cable. I'd try a different cable and see if it makes a difference.

Also, could you please provide your system in your profile? we'd really appreciate it.

To those who have reported this issue and provide their system specs, we really appreciate it. Those data are critical in finding a solution to address this issue.

Thanks for sharing this. Since you've tried different versions of iCUE to no avail, its possible that you have faulty USB cable. I'd try a different cable and see if it makes a difference.

Also, could you please provide your system in your profile? we'd really appreciate it.

The cables have odd connectors. Where to buy a "correct" one to test with, just in case?

Hello, I have a CORSAIR ICUE H100I RGB PRO XT in my system and the recent iCue version 3.33.246 causes it to not be detected. I have not had any issues with prior releases. I tried the HWinfo64 settings fix but that did not resolve the issue. It appears that the pump/fans are on but RGB is frozen. I normally have the rainbow wave default pattern which is on but not moving as it normally does. My system specs are in my profile.

Same issue as many others here. Less than 4 weeks old. Pump is bricked. Have had USB disconnect sounds since day 1. Not very frequent. Fans used to run at 100% sporadically but were fine most of the time. Then today it just went max fan speed and no pump lights. Gone from iCue. Fans run at 100% and pump runs but no lights. Already plugged into to SATA from PSU. USB is disconnecting in windows every 30 seconds. Doesn't show up in iCue.

Intel i7 10700KF

Asus Z490-F

MSI RTX 2070 Super

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM 3200MHz 32GB (2 x 16GB)

Corsair AX860i

Windows 10 x64

Things done so far:

1. Reinstall iCue

2. Reinstall Windows

3. Uninstall all hardware monitoring apps

4. Uninstall all RGB apps

5. Disable fast boot

6. Disable fast start up

7. Disable XHCI in bios

8. Run a USB cable to the rear of the motherboard

9. Run usbdeview and can see the pump is green and recognised and is disconnecting every few minutes.

10. Pump shows in devices

11. Try different USB header on mobo

From what I can gather. My last shot at this is a manual firmware flash of the pump. I don't have access to the logs to grab the firmware file and searching google is useless. I have put a ticket in to Corsair so hopefully they give me the firmware file so I can manually flash it. If that doesn't work then its RMA. Seems a lot of people have the same issue. Have tried everything after reading a lot of threads.

hVz63iY.png

NNSh8Lt.png

OdZVTqX.png

Little update.

I decided to have a play with liquidctl. Spent a few hours learning it all and setting it up. Didn't work in the end. The pump is recognised in windows but its obviously not talking to windows hence why liquidctl did not pick it up. I also used zadig to assign different driver types to the pump. Still always shows in USBdeview and devices and printers. Not in device manager though. Still constantly disconnecting in windows. Hoping I get the firmware from Corsair to flash it manually as a last resort. Currently pump and fans running 100%, no lights on pump and not recognised in iCue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
please could anyone share the firmware hex file for H115i RGB Pro XT? I submitted a ticket but still no response.

Firmware files have to come from our Technical Support Team as we don't maintain a public repository. Can you PM me your ticket number, and I'll reach out to support to respond.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that this is for the AIO's but after reading all the other threads on this problem I have made the choice to add this disconnection problem here since the original thread was about Icue service restart and losing stuff and control.

So real simple is this. I boot up. The software starts. Memory RGB runs correctly for a time. Then the red triangle appears and RGB stops. No other RGB software running. Just corsair ICUE. I am dumping my Logs and a screen shot. I see this a lot across the net in searches, with no concrete solutions for a fix.

Corsair Memory.zip

198780452_RedTriangleMemory.thumb.png.7b744dc3a2c91b7b7133087947cd6b31.png

• 5 months later...

I have read through many threads on how to fix this issue, yet nothing seems to fix the issue I am having. It will not show my H100i in iCue, and the RGBs are constantly in Rainbow mode.

I have a, MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS mother board. Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB. 2, LS100 450mm strips. And the Corsair Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE Mid Tower Case.

Everything shows up in iCue, but again, not the H100i.

Any solutions for this issue? Because all the other RGB lights work perfect.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
I have read through many threads on how to fix this issue, yet nothing seems to fix the issue I am having. It will not show my H100i in iCue, and the RGBs are constantly in Rainbow mode.

I have a, MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS mother board. Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB. 2, LS100 450mm strips. And the Corsair Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE Mid Tower Case.

Everything shows up in iCue, but again, not the H100i.

Any solutions for this issue? Because all the other RGB lights work perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Same Problem here....

• 3 weeks later...
I just got my h150il elite capellix yesterday. installed it and my pump is reading 0 rpm and flashes red. My cpu temp is around 30. no matter what ive tried it seems to not recognize the pump. any suggestions ive looked everywhere and tried everything.

• Corsair Employee
I just got my h150il elite capellix yesterday. installed it and my pump is reading 0 rpm and flashes red. My cpu temp is around 30. no matter what ive tried it seems to not recognize the pump. any suggestions ive looked everywhere and tried everything.

What firmware is your ELITE CAPELLIX on? If you're already on the latest version available, try forcing a firmware update.

• 3 months later...

I recently completed a new AMD Ryzen 7 build (Full system specs below). It's a 9 fan system, all of them Corsair LL series fans. 6 fans are powered from the 5000D's internal fan controller and RGB/management functions are taken care of by a Lighting Node PRO. The other 3 fans are attached to the iCUE H150i ELITE Capellix (360mm) AIO cooler via the supplied Commander Core. All fans are lit and spinning, and the RGB block on the pump is also lit. 

My system idles at around 37°C and hasn't gotten beyond 65°C when under load. So, I am assuming that the AIO cooler is working and doing it's job? 

However, I cannot see the H150i within iCUE. The H150i does not appear as a device within Windows 10, but the Lighting Node PRO does - I don't know if that's significant or not? I can manage the other 6 fans and the Lighting Node PRO without any issue. 

I have followed many suggestions within these forums, but I cannot for the life of me get iCUE to see the H150i.

Any advice on what to try next would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs
- Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard*|**
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core 4.7GHz (Socket AM4) CPU
- Crucial Ballistix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel memory kit
- Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB SSD NVME M.2 2280 PCIe SSD
- Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Master 8GB GDDR6X GPU
- Corsair RM Series RM850 850W '80 Plus Gold' Modular PSU
- Corsair 5000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower
- Windows 10 Pro N (x64)
- Corsair iCUE V. 4.14.179
* The motherboard BIOS has been flashed to the latest release
** No Gigabyte AORUS (RGB Fusion/RGB management) software has been installed.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the Gurus put me right on this I had an identical problem.

Ensure that the 3 fans from the Radiator's power cables are connected to the Pump Header Cables marked 1, 2 and 3.

Make sure the Header cable from the fan is in AIO Header on the motherboard.

Now to sort the Bios throwing a Fit!

Plonk a fan in the CPU-FAN Port ( make sure your port is matched to fan type (3 or 4 pin cable) in the bios (DC or PWM) This stops the BIOS throwing a wobbly when you boot up by warning you that it hasn't detected a Fan running for the CPU. Keep this Fans RGB in your Commander Pro/RGB Hub its ONLY the Power Cable that should be attached to the CPU Header. (ive got mine on an exhaust fan as its always running)

Oh, and double check the connection for the USB cable from the fan.

After that you should be good to go.

• 8 months later...

Hi, I am experiencing the same iCue disconnects since a long time. I have tried a lot of things and NOT been able to solve them. Below is a recap of my problem...

First of all. I use the latest version of iCue, and latest drivers and FW on every component within icue and on my PC.

The disconnect problem started with the icue h100i elite capellix 240mm cooler. My computer setup then was: MSI z590 carbon wifi, i9 11900k, 32GB corsair vengeance rgb3200 Aoruse 3080 xtreme corsair rm1000x power supply. Then I bought the NZXT internal USB hub as this was recommended by some other person who had the same problem. It did not solve my problem.

Then I replaced my h100i elite capellix by the h150i elite LCD 360mm cooler. Did not solve the problem.

Then I replaced my motherboard and CPU with the new MSI z690 carbon wifi and intel i9 12900K CPU. and 64GB corsair dominator 5200 DDR5 RAM. It did not solve my problem.

Also, in the beginning I had Windows10, but upgraded to Windows11 and did not solve the problem. I also made sure that all my windows usb power save settings are disabled, so that Windows can not disconnect usb. I played around with connecting the USB cable of the commander core to different motherboard USB headers, and to the NZXT USB hub, It did not solve my problem.

I also tried connecting the SATA cable from the commander core to another SATA interface, and I even plugged a dedicated cable to the RM1000x power supply and only the commander core is connected to it. It did not solve my problem.

I don't have any other hardware monitoring software installed, except for the Aorus Engine but that is not polling my other hardware, only the 3080, (I don't run MSI center etc). But even with Aorus engine not running , the problem remains the same.

I am very frustrated, because this issue has been haunting my for more than 6 months!!! It seems to be randomly happening, sometimes even when my computer is not doing anything... You then hear that Windows ping noise, the LCD screen and the fan leds turn off, and the fans start spinning at max. Sometimes the LCD screen and fans will work again by themselves, but more often the LCD and fans then turn into HW mode and when I look into icue software the H150i LCD does not show up anymore. The only solution then is to restart my computer.

Could my commander core be faulty? Also I checked all the cables into the commander core and even reconnected them several times to make sure it's not a cable problem.

Finally, is there a way to overrule the h150i lcd hardware cooling settings? Is there a way I can chenge the fan RPM not to go to max setting when the h150i disconnects and goes into HW mode?

I hope that Corsair can take this issue seriously, as this is not a cheap product to begin with...