Corsair Community

cant find my mobo on corsairs memory finder page

venom6733

i was looking to add memory to my computer but my motherboard isnt on the list. Right now i have 2x8 Vengeance LPX 2666mhz CMK16GX4M2A2666C16 and im not sure if this is the correct memory for this board. I was wanting to add/upgrade and I dont use this computer for gaming, just general everyday use and video editing. Belarc advisor shows my mobo being "Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF B365M-PLUS GAMING Rev X.0x" but i cant find the B365M on the list

Thanks in advance guys and gals

Generally more advisable to check the Mobo's QVL than the other way round.

That is in most cases not true. The motherboard manufacturer usually only tests a single sample of any given model for their QVL upon release. So the result is only true for that kit. Since the ICs used on that model could vary, another sample built from other ICs might not be compatible in the same way.

On the other hand, if Corsair officially guarantees compatibility with certain motherboards, that would/should be true for all copies of that model regardless of IC usage or production changes.

That is in most cases not true. The motherboard manufacturer usually only tests a single sample of any given model for their QVL upon release. So the result is only true for that kit. Since the ICs used on that model could vary, another sample built from other ICs might not be compatible in the same way.

On the other hand, if Corsair officially guarantees compatibility with certain motherboards, that would/should be true for all copies of that model regardless of IC usage or production changes.

That is true, I have not thought about the different ICs present on the Vengeance series. Apologies for this to OP. That said, on the QVL I linked, there are 3 Versions explicitly stated as being tested - V3.31, V5.29 and V5.30.

well at the risk of sounding completely stupid, how do i know which one on the list u posted goes with my computer?? There are several on the list that are 8GB alone.

you're not sounding stupid, don't worry. Corsair uses different chips on their ram, you can identify them by the version-number on the label of the dimm. Just check the QVL if that particular version is to be found in the list (make your life easy and use CTRL-F to search your kit)