Corsair Community

ASUS Motherboard Integration *BETA*

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone,

As you saw from our CES 2020 announcement, we are now in a partnership to allow for their motherboard RGB lighting zones to be integrated in iCUE. This means that Aura Sync compatible motherboards will now appear in iCUE and allow all of their zones of lighting to be configurable together with your other iCUE-support devices. As part of this reveal, we will start the beta so you can get your hands on early access to start playing with the feature.

To set this up, here is what you will need:

1.) Aura Sync Compatible Motherboard (List provided below)

2.) iCUE v3.23 or newer

3.) AURA v1.07.79 or newer (https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.html)

4.) iCUE ASUS Plugin (attached to this thread)

Steps for Installation:

1.) Ensure iCUE is installed. If it is running, exit the application.

2.) Install AURA. This software only needs to be installed. Do not start the application as it cannot be running simultaneously with iCUE.

3.) Download the plugin attached to this thread labeled ASUS Plugin.zip

4.) Extract the zip (with the folder) to your iCUE folder/plugins. For most users, this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins

It should look like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=37219&stc=1&d=1578344468

5.) Start up iCUE. If your motherboard is supported, it will show up as ASUS Motherboard:

attachment.php?attachmentid=37220&stc=1&d=1578344495

The number of zones configurable on your motherboard will vary by model, but all configurable zones will be able to use the same iCUE lighting effects as a typical RGB strip. If you have any devices connected to the RGB Header, these will also be configurable as one zone. We don't support individually addressable headers at this time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=37221&stc=1&d=1578344842

Please enjoy this next level of integration as we continue to expand the iCUE ecosystem.

ASUS Plugin.zip

741911943_ASUS1.PNG.12fb00401964380019196ad65c1a3515.PNG

949879645_ASUS2.PNG.066ca34d140be3fcbaa58a2f59b3302e.PNG

1838489448_ASUS3.thumb.PNG.91936c93248b07385cd567bef9d9187c.PNG

ASUS Aura Sync Compatible Motherboards v2.pdf

Edited by Corsair James
  • Like 1

Confirmed working on my ASUS Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard and Deepcool RGB strips. Does not work with my ROG RYUJIN 360 cooler, G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory, fans from my Cooler Master H500M case, ASUS ROG Strix GPU, and ROG Thor PSU.

• Corsair Employee
Confirmed working on my ASUS Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard and Deepcool RGB strips. Does not work with my ROG RYUJIN 360 cooler, G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory, fans from my Cooler Master H500M case, ASUS ROG Strix GPU, and ROG Thor PSU.

This is only going to work for the supported ASUS Aura-supported motherboards.

Edited by Corsair James

ICUE has added my WS X299 SAGE motherboard to the available Devices list, which I see my K95 and stuff. The mobo RGB Headers (Non ARGB) are working but the ROG Strix GPU doesn't and I have two GPUs which required additional software to sync the Aura world of RGB. I hope to use just ICUE for this. Edited by WMudrockJr
wording

Installed this on my Asus Crosshair Hero VIII and I can confirm this is not working properly. The motherboard shows up but I can only control the LED on the motherboard itself (The HERO logo), my deepcool AIO, Trident Z memory and ASUS RTX 2080ti are listed but not controllable. They are listed in a darker tint and I cannot change the colors or turn them off. I deleted Asus Armory crate, restarted, deleted ASUS GPU II, restarted, Deleted ICUE, restarted and followed instructions listed to a "T" with no change. I cannot control anything beside the actual motherboard LED. This is a GREAT idea and I was very hopeful as I truly love the ICUE software. Hopefully they get this to working properly soon. Thank you
  • Like 1

Best news of the decade.. :) but...

yesterday i took apart my gaming pc... i got a full set of Corsairs HD RGB fans and CM ARGB fans (for aura) ... im so confused now...

BPS Customs said that you can controll Corsair's RGB from Aura? can any1 confirm this?

• Like 1

I'm running a Z390 Maximus XI Formula, I've just updated my BIOS to get the latest version of AURA working and this iCUE plugin is working for me, however it only controls motherboard LEDs and strips connected to the RGB headers. My G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory isn't controllable via iCUE. The workaround for this is to setup the RGB on the memory in AURA before setting the rest up in iCUE.

The issue I have right now, is that I cannot control my LiveDash OLED anymore because ASUS for some reason have ditched support for the standard LiveDash software in the latest version of AURA, and have integrated the LiveDash control into Armoury Crate. I can open the LiveDash software but I can't change what's displayed on the OLED screen.

Armoury Crate apparently requires AURA to be uninstalled, according to the instructions provided by ASUS. I believe this is because Armoury Crate now controls both RGB and OLED screens on ASUS products.

The things I am wondering are:

- Does anyone know if the iCUE plugin works with Armoury Crate? Or does it have to be AURA specifically?

- Can you have AURA and Armoury Crate installed at the same time without screwing up AURA's functionality? I wonder if perhaps AURA takes priority for RGB control over Armoury Crate, perhaps I can just use Armoury Crate to control my LiveDash. Though I am worried I will screw everything up if I install Armoury Crate with AURA installed. ASUS software is not typically reliable..

Edited by Zammin
  • Like 1

I'm running a Z390 Maximus XI Formula, I've just updated my BIOS to get the latest version of AURA working and this iCUE plugin is working for me, however it only controls motherboard LEDs and strips connected to the RGB headers. My G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory isn't controllable via iCUE. The workaround for this is to setup the RGB on the memory in AURA before setting the rest up in iCUE.

The issue I have right now, is that I cannot control my LiveDash OLED anymore because ASUS for some reason have ditched support for the standard LiveDash software in the latest version of AURA, and have integrated the LiveDash control into Armoury Crate. I can open the LiveDash software but I can't change what's displayed on the OLED screen.

Armoury Crate apparently requires AURA to be uninstalled, according to the instructions provided by ASUS. I believe this is because Armoury Crate now controls both RGB and OLED screens on ASUS products.

The things I am wondering are:

- Does anyone know if the iCUE plugin works with Armoury Crate? Or does it have to be AURA specifically?

- Can you have AURA and Armoury Crate installed at the same time without screwing up AURA's functionality? I wonder if perhaps AURA takes priority for RGB control over Armoury Crate, perhaps I can just use Armoury Crate to control my LiveDash. Though I am worried I will screw everything up if I install Armoury Crate with AURA installed. ASUS software is not typically reliable..

It will only control ASUS aura sync motherboards. no other hardware at this time. I think you should reread the first post more closely

• Like 1

It will only control ASUS aura sync motherboards. no other hardware at this time. I think you should reread the first post more closely

What? My motherboard is AURA Sync compatible. It's an ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula. I have it working with AURA, but it seems ASUS are trying to move RGB functionality and LiveDash control to their new piece of software Armoury Crate... Armoury Crate works on AURA compatible products and can control RGB and other things such as LiveDash OLED screens.

My concern is that the ASUS LiveDash software that previously worked together with AURA no longer works and requires the user to install Armoury Crate to control their LiveDash OLED screens, which according to ASUS' instructions you must uninstall AURA first.

I'm not sure if AURA and Armoury Crate use the same LightingService but I'm wondering if anyone knows a way around this, or if it's actually possible to run iCUE w/AURA control and Armoury Crate at the same time without them interfering with each other. Otherwise it seems that if I want to continue using iCUE control of my motherboard LEDs I have to lose my LiveDash functionality...

Or were you only replying to my comment about the G.Skill RGB Memory? My whole post was quoted so I'm not sure haha..

• Like 1

Dear Lord, thanks Corsair/Asus I was waiting for something like this to happen.

I just tried it on my Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) and it works like a charm. I hope there will be more compatible devices/components in the future.

Edited by GoLLuM-13
  • Like 1

I tested with the ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F motherboard after updating all the software and performing a Bios update. The only light on this board to control is the heat sink shroud at the back of the board. I can see the LED Headers though.

Are there plans to control other Aura Sync enabled devices such as third party RGB enabled memory? I have four sticks of GEIL memory that I would love to control from a single interface. Companies like GEIL also rely on third party software to control functions.

Thank you. I am very excited to finally see a consolidation of control software! Keep it coming Corsair!

Worked on My Maximus Hero X Board.

It doesn't detect the RAM lighting and adressable RGB strip.

Using G.Skilll Trident Z RGB.

Also using armoury crate.

Just to clarify, do you have Armoury Crate installed instead of AURA? If that's the case and it's working properly, I'll do that too so I can regain control of my LiveDash.