Corsair Community

USB Disconnect/Connect Sounds with RGB Issues

scapiander

Dunno if it's the same issue, but here's my story

New PC, Commander Pro shows up day one. Next day it's gone. I heard a USB disconnect sound during the night I think. Rebooted, nothing. Turned off aura sync on reboot, it shows up again. Again, later on I hear a disconnect. Now it hasn't appeared for 3 days. Rebooting, reinstalling, updating, nothing helps. Also in my USB list under device manager there's one with an error about name retrieval.

My RGB and my fans are on the last settings I applied but I wish it would just show up and work.. Not sure if it's defective or what?

ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus WIFI Mobo

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

RTX 2080ti

Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 4x8

H150i RGB AIO

6LL120 RGB fans

500D SE RGB with commander pro and RGB hub

6 fans on LED1, Corsair RGB strip on LED2

LS100 Ambient Lighting Starter Kit

As you can see I'm invested in this ecosystem so it's frustrating to not have the controller visible and controllable.

Edited by Pinworm45

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dunno if it's the same issue, but here's my story

New PC, Commander Pro shows up day one. Next day it's gone. I heard a USB disconnect sound during the night I think. Rebooted, nothing. Turned off aura sync on reboot, it shows up again. Again, later on I hear a disconnect. Now it hasn't appeared for 3 days. Rebooting, reinstalling, updating, nothing helps. Also in my USB list under device manager there's one with an error about name retrieval.

My RGB and my fans are on the last settings I applied but I wish it would just show up and work.. Not sure if it's defective or what?

ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus WIFI Mobo

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

RTX 2080ti

Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 4x8

H150i RGB AIO

6LL120 RGB fans

500D SE RGB with commander pro and RGB hub

6 fans on LED1, Corsair RGB strip on LED2

LS100 Ambient Lighting Starter Kit

As you can see I'm invested in this ecosystem so it's frustrating to not have the controller visible and controllable.

Guessing yours is a similar issue due to the x570 mobo like the reat of us. I have a similar build but a bit less powerful parts. Haha. 500d, x570, 3700x, 2080s. Corsair will replace the copro if you put in a ticket. Although others have done this and doesnt really solve anything. but in your case it might be defective. My issue is it disconnects every 5-10 min sometimes. Flickering my rgb and it also interrupts my mouse movements. Terrible when you're playing a game.

My Setup

Crosshair Hero VIII x570

AMD Ryzen 3900x

AMD 5700XT Gigabyte

G.Skilll Trident NEO 16GB ( 2x 8GB ) 3600Mhz

Corsair H150i PRO AIO cooler

6x LL120 RGB Fans Black ( Connected to Commander Pro )

Commander Pro

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Case Razor Edition with 2x RGB strips

2 x Strimmer cable RGB 1x Power cable RGB and 1 x Video cable RGB

Thermaltake Internal USB hub

1. Buy a powered internal USB hub

..NZXT

OR

..H200

2. Remove ALL USB Devices that are plugged into the Commander Pro

3. Plug Those Devices into your new internal USB hub

4. Enjoy a stable System! ( Wait for a real fix from Corsair for the Commander Pro usb ports )

Tested on my system for about 5 days with no disconnects or reconnects! :sunglasse:sunglasse:sunglasse

Cheers

Edited by sutek
fix links

Guessing yours is a similar issue due to the x570 mobo like the reat of us. I have a similar build but a bit less powerful parts. Haha. 500d, x570, 3700x, 2080s. Corsair will replace the copro if you put in a ticket. Although others have done this and doesnt really solve anything. but in your case it might be defective. My issue is it disconnects every 5-10 min sometimes. Flickering my rgb and it also interrupts my mouse movements. Terrible when you're playing a game.

So I got the NZXT internal USB splitter. Didn't work right away, but I disabled the malfunctioning USB device, enabled it, and.. it worked! Hopefully it doesn't disappear again (or give me other issues) but for now put me tentatively in the X570 needed an internal USB splitter to work with com pro category.

Created an account just to say that I'm having the same issue as well with pretty similar setup. Every so often I hear the windows disconnect/reconnect sound and all the lights go off and come back on. I am also having an issue where the USB headers on the Commander pro don't work (I think that is a separate issue though that I've contacted support about). 6 fans on LED 1, nothing on LED 2, 4 fans connected to fan controller. Unfortunately H100 is not connected to USB since that is not working.

Asus Prime x570 Pro

AMD Ryzen 3900x

6 Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair H100i Platinum SE

Corsair RM850x PSU

Corsair Vengeance

Commander Pro

I think I'm having the same issue. Out of blue, fans stop working according to their profile. I notice this when I start a game and expect the fans connected to commander pro to begin ramping up. Instead they don't.

What I do then is check iCUE space, and I can see all graphs and stats are frozen, not moving. Then, I have to restart the iCUE service and restart the iCUE app itself, and it begins to work again.

Same issue here as well. Got a new Commander PRO from amazon and the USB/disconnect sound would go off CONSTANTLY every 3 seconds.

I sent back that Commander PRO and got a free replacement from amazon. Both USB headers on this new one don't work and there is the USB disconnect/reconnect sound every couple minutes now randomly.

Getting this one RMA'd by Corsair directly so I hope I finally get a good one lol

Same issue here as well. Got a new Commander PRO from amazon and the USB/disconnect sound would go off CONSTANTLY every 3 seconds.

I sent back that Commander PRO and got a free replacement from amazon. Both USB headers on this new one don't work and there is the USB disconnect/reconnect sound every couple minutes now randomly.

Getting this one RMA'd by Corsair directly so I hope I finally get a good one lol

If you're like the rest of us with a x570 mobo I can almost guarantee it won't stop. But goodluck. apparently the only thing we can do is get a usb hub.

If you're like the rest of us with a x570 mobo I can almost guarantee it won't stop. But goodluck. apparently the only thing we can do is get a usb hub.

Yeah.. it seems to be the case. Sad that there hasn't been a fix and we are 6 months into X570. I will update on the status of my build once the replacement comes in.

I am having the same issue with quite a different build.

I have had the corsair commander pro probably a year with 2 different builds.

I would have all my USB's disconnect and connect and my Corsair ram and typically my mouse pad would be red instead of the color I selected for them.

I get the disconnect maybe once every 1-2 hours.

Intel i7 9700K

MSI Carbon z390

Corsair vengeance ram.

Corsair RM850i

Corsair commander pro

RTX 2080 ti

Corsair KB/m with Corsair rgb mousepad

Just registered and came here to say that I'm having the same issue.

ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming

Ryzen 5 3600

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RBG Pro 3600 (+ 2x dummy kit)

Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 XT

Corsair Hydro H115i Platinum

6x Corsair QL120 case fans

Lian Li O11 Dynamic

I have 2 USB headers on my board, been using the AIO on one of them and the Lightning Node Core for my case fans on the other just fine. Then I added the Commander Pro into the mix and things started to get wonky, but ONLY if I plugged the LNCore into the ComPro. Plugging things directly into the mobo works fine.

After having my ComPro replaced and trying two different LNCores to no avail, I gave up and RMA'd the ComPro. As cool of a device it is, I'm going to wait and buy it again once there's a real fix for the issue, be it from ASUS' or Corsair's side. Until then I'm back to just using the LNCore for RGB control and power the fans via my mobo's PWM headers, controlling them via Fan Xpert 4 Core. Can't be arsed to buy an internal USB splitter to bandaid fix an issue that should be fixed on the manufacturere side of things.

Same again, registered to report this, been using corsair cases/aio/fans for years.

Almost a year ago did a build with a ASUS H370 mini-ITX and now i've run into this problem.

I feel the random windows disconnect/connect sound might have been occuring once, maybe twice a week, or less, for a while, but with no noticeable effects.

Recently after installing a Samsung 970 evo plus, shortly after switch on I was met with near constant dis/connect dinging from windows.

I noticed the Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB had gone back to rainbow RGB and seemed to be the problem, with the LL120 on the front and RAM LEDs behaving normally. The AIO USB had been flagged in the Universal Serial Bus controller (Computer management) - and the easiest way to stop the connect sounds was to disable that hub. (Can't remember the error exactly now)

The motherboard only has 1 internal USB so everything was going through the commander.

Upon removing the commander and plugging the AIO into the internal header, it has behaved normally since without any disconnection.

So, I have the same problem with my Commander Pro.

As I only have one internal USB, the NZXT Internal hub seemed like a potential troubleshooting fix, everyone seems to have thought of and thankfully tired :)

My main query is why this was a non-existent problem (or at worse a very minor one) for over 6 months using the identical setup. I also thought it helpful to mention i've got a ROG STRIX H370-I GAMING, not the X570 as many others have reported.

I thought i'd mention the installation of the M2 as that's all i've changed, not really thinking it's related though - (it's not coming out).

Hope Corsair can shed some light soon.

@Zeppelin-PCM

Seems to be ASUS related in general, not that particular board, as I have the same issues on an ASUS B450-Plus Gaming. It's probably just the fact that the X570 chipset is what people currently go for the most.

That part about your SSD is interesting though, as I habe the exact same one. However, I can't think of any logical reason how the M.2 SSD could cause this.

Same issues are happening to me on a similar build. It seems like it's been getting worse. I ordered the USB hub and will report back with the results.

Asus Prime x570 Pro

AMD Ryzen 3700x

6 Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair Vengeance

Commander Pro

Has anyone here managed to to fix the issue with an internal USB hub? If so which one?

I posted a couple of months ago here about having the same problem with the commander pro disconnecting intermittently and the RGB fans LEDs going off for a moment.

After reciving a new commander pro from Corsair and it having the same behaviour I had a few to and fro messages with corsair until they finally acknowledged the problem and said they managed to recreate it their end with a Asus motherboard.

Unfortunately they also said they would leave my support ticket open as they have no current fix or even an ETA on when there would be a fix and that the problem is the Asus mobos USB controller.

The Asus mobo RGB plugin has just released for iCue which I am now using, it allows you to control Asus mobo RGB with iCue, but the issue still persists, you would think colaborating with Asus they could fix the problem between them...

I have the same problem with my Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master......

My CoPro (on internal 2.0 USB header) is disconnecting/connecting every few minutes and my RGB fans are flickering when this occur.......

Even (Corsair) mouse and keyboard Were losing connection on USB 2.0 port. I connected them to the 3.0 USB Ports and so far working wel.

So it seams to me it is a USB 2.0 problem...... am i right?

Has anyone tried to connect the CoPro to a 3.0 USB header and does it solve the problem? I haven’t sofar because i have to disassamble my entire watercooling.....

And those who are using the NZXT-hub..... is this working fine by everyone?

Jack

Edited by Hi2jack

As the title states. Since the update to 3.24.52 on iCUE software, both of my Corsair AIO's will shut off completely. Not just the RGB's or fans, but the pumps turn off. It's happened 3 times since the update at random times during the day or night.

I run a H100i v2 for my CPU and a H80i v2 for my GTX 1080.

Nothing else has changed in this system except that software update. Prior version of software did not have these issues; this is literally the first time I've ever had random AIO pump shut downs.

Very concerning that this is occurring. Happened once during streaming. Once I walked away and the PC was shutting itself off for protection. Happened just before this posting while doing nothing but browsing the net.

Signal of 'device' disconnect occurs at pump shutoff. Look over and pumps are off along with fans and lighting.

PC reboot fixes the issue.

Corsair you need to look into this issue, as I'm fairly sure people losing their high end CPU's and GFX cards aren't going to be happy that it was caused by YOUR software having errors.

SYS Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero Mobo x370

Corsair H100i v2 AIO

EVGA ACX 3.0 FTW GTX 1080 (modified with a Corsair H80i v2 and NZXT Kraken G12 Bracket for liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 850 G1+ Fully Modular PSU

250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 2280 (boot drive)

250GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (gaming)

500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (gaming)

500GB Crucial MX series SSD (utility)

1TB HGST Travelstar 2.5" 7200RPM HDD (data)

2TB Western Digital 3.5" 7200RPM HDD (data)

3TB Seagate External 7200RPM HDD (backup)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

RESOLVED: I ordered the Thermaltake H200 Plus Internal USB Hub, plugged that into the motherboard and plugged the commander pro into the hub and the disconnects have completely stopped. It was happening literally ever few seconds and it hasn't happened a single time since installing it.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Internal-Outputs-External-PS-ACC-IU2H00R-2/dp/B07QS5S1DV/ref=sr_1_2?gclid=Cj0KCQiApaXxBRDNARIsAGFdaB9a_dTcdsyjLOKYbxbzoMJcB73Beb0G7t7cADkMxuXgVBbVuAomN9waAohbEALw_wcB&hvadid=405236596980&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9028297&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=6137580874004945120&hvtargid=kwd-820803457137&hydadcr=18039_9812711&keywords=thermaltake+internal+usb+hub&qid=1579806328&sr=8-2

Same issues are happening to me on a similar build. It seems like it's been getting worse. I ordered the USB hub and will report back with the results.

Asus Prime x570 Pro

AMD Ryzen 3700x

6 Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair Vengeance

Commander Pro

USB Disconnect/Connect Sounds with RGB Issues:

Build is below. I finished building this last week and have been having issues with sounds of USB reconnecting/connecting mainly while playing games (WoW). I have a total of 8 fans (LL120's). 2 are attached to my AIO's radiator, and the other 6 are just in the case. I have the whole setup using a Commander Pro with 2 Corsair RGB fan hubs. I use iCUE to get everything lit up. I use Aura Sync software only for the MOBO's RGB.

These are things that happen when the dc/rc sound starts:

The RGB on the Asus x570 go blank, and then go into rainbow mode, and i lose my previous settings

My 6 fans connected to my Commander Pro for RGB, go blank, and then return to their normal white color

Sometimes only the MOBO's RGB goes on/off and the fans stay the same

What is going on? I feel like my 850W PSU is more than enough to power my new rig. Nothing affects my performance. No FPS stutter, no nothing. Just the RGB goes off and on in sync with the USB sounds. I have 2 USB 3.0 header's on my MOBO. One is attached to my AIO and the other is the commander pro. Is one header taking on commander pro, 6 fans and their respective RGB too much? I have considered maybe using the NZXT internal hub to split up some of the work between the 2 USB headers on my motherboard. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC WHITE Video Card

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular

It may not be related to your case but I also have issues with my USB on my Prime x570 board. I have traced it back to the Gen 2 rear IO ports; when those are put under load it kills anything connected to them and some others as well. I have not seen the same issues with the RGB that you are though; just my USB devices.

I already contacted Asus for my issue and they forwarded it to their engineering team. You issue sounds very similar to mine though, might be a related common cause.

850W is plenty, I also have 850 with a 3900x and a 2080 ti hybrid so I doubt that is the problem (phanteks psu which is a SeaSonic rebrand).

So I have an earlier post here, and the problems all spanned from my ST100, if it was connected to my ASUS X470 Strix board, I would get constant disconnects/reconnects, but if I unplugged it, everything worked great.

Move ahead and my new build is up and running.

So far (Windows was installed Sunday 19th), I have had no such issues. I have the Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master and a lot of Corsair gear connected and controlled via iCUE. Now I have not done much gaming yet, and I use the USB pass thru of the ST100 for my VOID Pro headset. However the with the ASUS it was happening even when system was idle and I was watching TV.

So from x470 to x570 or ASUS to Gigabyte, I may not have the issue anymore. Which is nice since the ST100 was on track to be the most expensive plastic stand ever sold hehe.

So I have an earlier post here, and the problems all spanned from my ST100, if it was connected to my ASUS X470 Strix board, I would get constant disconnects/reconnects, but if I unplugged it, everything worked great.

Move ahead and my new build is up and running.

So far (Windows was installed Sunday 19th), I have had no such issues. I have the Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master and a lot of Corsair gear connected and controlled via iCUE. Now I have not done much gaming yet, and I use the USB pass thru of the ST100 for my VOID Pro headset. However the with the ASUS it was happening even when system was idle and I was watching TV.

So from x470 to x570 or ASUS to Gigabyte, I may not have the issue anymore. Which is nice since the ST100 was on track to be the most expensive plastic stand ever sold hehe.

Ok, so it seems to be ok. Did you connect a CoPro to a 2.0 USB header on the motherbord..... because that seems to be causing the issues?

Ok, so it seems to be ok. Did you connect a CoPro to a 2.0 USB header on the motherbord..... because that seems to be causing the issues?

My CP has always been connected directly to a USB2.0 header on the ASUS or the new Gigabyte board. It was so bad on the x470 ASUS I just plain left it disconnected, and tested evey new iCUE update and no change.

The x570 Gigabyte has worked with out fail perfectly now for a full week.

It may not be related to your case but I also have issues with my USB on my Prime x570 board. I have traced it back to the Gen 2 rear IO ports; when those are put under load it kills anything connected to them and some others as well. I have not seen the same issues with the RGB that you are though; just my USB devices.

I already contacted Asus for my issue and they forwarded it to their engineering team. You issue sounds very similar to mine though, might be a related common cause.

850W is plenty, I also have 850 with a 3900x and a 2080 ti hybrid so I doubt that is the problem (phanteks psu which is a SeaSonic rebrand).

I also have the Prime x570 with 3 Corsair LL120s and a Corsair H100i Platinum SE connected to a Corsair RGB node and the Corsair CoPro. My fans and AIO randomly disconnect and I hear the Windows jingle for it but also when I plug in my USB dongle for my headphones, when the disconnect happens, my sound switches back to my speakers so it looks like what you said is right. My keyboard and mice aren't affected however so I wonder how/why certain ports disconnect. (I made a account just to comment on this thread in hopes of finding a solution)

• 2 weeks later...

Registered to drop my experience with this issue here, after finding this thread from a google search. Like most of the people here I have an ASUS Prime x570-Pro motherboard. Also running a 3950x and 7 corsair LL120 fans connected to a Commander Pro (2 of these are on a splitter).

The problem started with the USB disconnect sound with no obvious effect. It wasn't until I tried playing a game with an Xbox controller connected that I noticed the controller actually turning off for a moment when it happened. I ran a USB event logging program (USBLogView) which logged the disconnections a few times but I couldn't hunt down a specific port that it was referring to before the program stopped reporting the disconnections to me completely. The next day, I started noticing the fan LED's turning off or changing colors almost every time the sound happened, which wasn't happening on the first couple days.

I ended up disconnecting the commander pro and that completely stopped the disconnection sounds. I followed other advice in this thread and bought an NZXT internal USB hub. Plugging the commander pro into this seems to have fixed the problem completely. I have full control of my fans with no random USB disconnection issues.

I've been struggling with this usb connecting/disconnecting since I first bought my 680X a few days ago. I've posted my issues in the cooling section because that's where google search took me. It seems I've found the issue for me.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=193554

I've pretty much had to uninstall icue then Aida 64. I reinstalled icue first, then made sure it worked. I then installed aida 64 and unchecked anything related to corsair and no no issues for a few days.

I did read somewhere that there's a conflict between icue and any hardware monitoring program like like aida 64 or real temp and ect. I believe that this is a icue issue not playing nice with other softwares.

Edited by daddyd302