Corsair Community

Carbide 275R window question

VANTABLACK

275R tempered glass window is clear, not smoked. I am using the TB 275R case on my wife's PC.

Thanks for the info!

My kids inherited my old 600T which is too big for what they need. I'll use it as an excuse to upgrade to the glass assuming I can just swap the panels.

Actually that raises another question. Are the grommets the same for the acrylic and glass? That seems like a harder question to get an answer for. If I have to change chassis too for different grommets I'll likely change my mind because my watercooling and RGB is painstakingly managed and I won't go through that again.

Just following up.

The tempered glass version arrived and you were correct, the tempered glass isn't smoked like the acrylic and can be swapped without changing anything on either case.

It looks great! The colors are more vibrant, the black border really ties it all together, and it's noticeably clearer.

So what I learned was the smoked acrylic looks nice too but if you have a lot of RGB stuff it tones it down a bit too much when you're going for vibrancy. To get your money's worth go with the tempered. If you don't use a lot of lighting gear, or any at all, going plastic and saving a little cash might be good. That's advice I'll remember for future purchases as well.

Also to mention the acrylic version doesn't come with the top magnetic mesh filter that I was also able to swipe.

Thanks for your help!