Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro Power?

Rocknracing

Hello! Forgive me if this is a dumb question! I have only a novice at building or modding gaming systems. ( and I am 50 :D: )

I have a Lighting Node pro hooked up to a SATA connector and my HDD is on the other SATA connector.

I am looking to ad an internal SSD and need a SATA connector. Can I use a SATA splitter to the lightning node? Are there any other options for power?

Thanks in advance!

Hello! Forgive me if this is a dumb question! I have only a novice at building or modding gaming systems. ( and I am 50 :D: )

I have a Lighting Node pro hooked up to a SATA connector and my HDD is on the other SATA connector.

I am looking to ad an internal SSD and need a SATA connector. Can I use a SATA splitter to the lightning node? Are there any other options for power?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, you're still a baby! Trust a 47-years old computer boy! :D:

A SATA header from your PSU would be better, but it will work also with a Y splitter... I have a 5-ways splitter in my case and it drives power to 1 CoPro, 2 LNPs, 1 RGB led strip, 1 USB splitter and 1 SSD.

Just choose it from a qualified manufacturer, as around the net there are many chinese junks that could blow something up.

Otherwise don't you have any other cable coming out your PSU? Even a MOLEX one could do the job, as there are adapters that can convert MOLEX to SATA... but also in this solution keep in mind what I wrote before about the quality.

Baio

Also 50 lol

and not a Dumb question.. the only dumb question is the unasked one ;)

Sata Power Splitters are generally a bad idea... each connector can handle 4.5a in total. meaning a splitter can draw double that from the connector its plugged into which is also limited to 4.5a. could end up in magic blue smoke dude and imho not worth the risk.

http://i.imgur.com/MI2qqIgl.jpg

Direct to a PSU's chain of Sata power connectors is preferable

Edited by Zotty

Also 50 lol

and not a Dumb question.. the only dumb question is the unasked one ;)

Sata Power Splitters are generally a bad idea... each connector can handle 4.5a in total. meaning a splitter can draw double that from the connector its plugged into which is also limited to 4.5a. could end up in magic blue smoke dude and imho not worth the risk.

http://i.imgur.com/MI2qqIgl.jpg

Direct to a PSU's chain of Sata power connectors is preferable

Absolutely agree.

Today I've opened the case and forgot I got rid off the 5-ways splitter the last time I rearranged the cables. :D:

Baio