Corsair Community

iCUE 3.24.52 causes BIG Problems // Harpoon Double Click Workaround

StickyTB

Hello everyone,

at first: sry for my bad english. imagine the following with German accent :)

so, i was testing around with Windows 10 in the past few years and try to make Windows as lag free and low latency as possible. My Windows is actually really good optimized: no bloatware, low services as possible, highest power management as possible and a lot of programs to check the performance, lags and latency inside windows. just a kind of a hobby of mine. (Windows 10 is really bad optimized). So that's why I noticed that i suddenly got very, very high latency issues that causes alot of micro lags in any games. i checked it with "latencymon" and the high latency got caused by "ACPI.sys". A tiny windows driver that let windows communicate with connected hardware. the thing is, i never had that big latency issues before. more then 700% plus of my highest latency test on my current system.

i was wondering why i suddenly got this issues and the only thing i changed in the past few weeks was updating iCUE to v. 3.24.52. i tested it: My fist workaround was suspending the ACPI.sys driver with "Process Hacker". Worked well. but then i uninstalled icue (with deleting the reg-keys) and reinstalled an older version of iCUE (3.18.77) and the latency issus were gone.

May some of you can test it by youself. maybe that was just me and my windows. who knows.

the next thing is: Harpoon RGB Wireless Double Click issue with new firmware:

first: i already opened a support ticket. im waiting for an answer and an older version of the Harpoon firmware.

so, i dont really know wich firmware (dongle 1.7.58 or mouse 1.9.85) causes the double click issue. but for everyone who dont want to wait 2 weeks for an answer of the corsair support, here my workaround:

>>At Your Own Risk<< The following Program can cause bluescreens if you are not careful

1. Download Device Remover

2. install Device Remover (again: At you own risk)

3. open it as administrator

4. let it check for devices, it may take a few sec. be patient

5. move in the navigation bar to "view" -> "Device Remover Devices Display Mode" and ckeck "show only hidden/detached devices"

6. now it will check again for devices

7. in System Devices Tree check all ALL "Human Interface Devices" and Mice you find.

8. go to "Remove all checked" on the right side

9. now your Mouse should work properly

This worked for me. I can not guarantee it will also work for you. And i dont know it will work after a restart of your windows. For me i have to do this every time i restart but its better then nothing and it will work until you will get the older firmware version from the corsair support. i think there will be no hotfix or bugfix so soon.

take care and have a nice day

StickyTB

Edited by StickyTB

hey i've just made the upgrade for my harpoon rgb wireless trough the icue software and if i knew i wouldn't have done it !

now i have exaclty the same issue as you with the double click and it is the most annoying thing ever. i don't know what were the last version of the firmware before i made the update to the new one

i created a support ticket as well to have the "hard reset firmware" as they call it.

how was i supposed to know that this update will be ****ing up my mouse ! i'm so mad lol

nevermind, please reply if they answered you because i don't want to mess around with your program :)

also it would be cool if you can link me a trusted website to download the old version of icue 3.18.77

i'm also very concerned about windows optimization and i didn't know that the new version of icue cause such high latency

thanks !

druxt

Hi druxt,

here you can find some older versions of iCUE: https://www.filehorse.com/download-corsair-utility-engine-icue/old-versions/

Yes! I told the Corsair Support about the latency issue. Hopefully they will fix it. And they send me an older Firmware version of my Harpoon. Woks well without double-click issues anymore.

StickyTB

Edited by StickyTB

Hi druxt,

here you can find some older versions of iCUE: https://www.filehorse.com/download-corsair-utility-engine-icue/old-versions/

Yes! I told the Corsair Support about the latency issue. Hopefully they will fix it. And they send me an older Firmware version of my Harpoon. Woks well without double-click issues anymore.

StickyTB

Hey thanks for your reply

Wow they didn't send me any old firmware they just went straight for the replacement

Do you mind if you can upload the old firmware somewhere and send me a link it would be awesome !

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi druxt,

StickyTB

Hello i would also be interested in the old firmware of the mouse... its is registering double clicks too since the update....

Hello i would also be interested in the old firmware of the mouse... its is registering double clicks too since the update....

to bad for you ! i still don't know why they didn't remove the update since it is making everyone double cliking their mouse.

I received a new one after messaging them but i think it would have been faster to provide an old firmware instead :sigh!:

Also as mentionned above i suggest you to download the old version of Icue because it is more stable in term of cpu usage

It me up if you found something !

Hi druxt,

StickyTB

Where Can I ask for an older firmwire, or can you send me the one you got please. I have the issue with the double click, it's really annoying. I can't send back my mouse as I live in Madagascar?