The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2017, 09:38 PM
volcom0903's PC Specs

POST ID # = 897452
volcom0903 Reputation: 10
Idea Corsair Link 4.6.0.86 Issue w/ Corsair Lighting Node Pro

Alright so 3/27/17 around 6pm I felt the want to change my colors on my 4 HD120 fans on my rad. I opened corsair link then popped up an update for corsair link as well a firmware update for my Corsair Lighting Node Pro. [B]AFTER[B] updating and such my LED's (strips & fans) reset colors but the 4 fans did NOT.

As of now only 1 led on 1 of the 4 fans works and it barely works as it only flickers colors and cant be solid either.

I'm highly speculating that this issue is within the bootloader for the corsair lighting node controller. Here are the details of the current versions of the 2

-Corsair Link Version 4.6.0.86
-Corsair Lighting Node PRO
Firmware Version: 0.2.54
Bootloader Version: 0.2

remind you that only the fans LED's are currently not functioning yet the fans are working fine and the Led strips as well are fine.

please anything helps since I have not been contacted by Corsair directly yet regarding my issue yet my attempt contacting support and via ticket.

I'll upload a video if need be or photos

Old 03-30-2017, 02:19 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 897473
red-ray Reputation: 81
Idea Search before you ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcom0903 View Post
Alright
Search before you ask, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=896837 for how I recovered this.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:58 PM
mattj96's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921389
mattj96 Reputation: 10
Default Sp120 lighting pattern before link software loads on startup

Not really a problem, but I updated my link and lighting node software yesterday (9/26). Prior to the update my lighting patterns resume what they were programmed to previously. Now, while the computer is powered on but the link software hasn't loaded yet, the sp120 fans run a pattern that resembles the 'rainbow wave' setting on the crsr led strips. It was like each fan was doing the normal SP120 'rainbow' setting, but each fan is slightly delayed behind each other. I thought it looked really nice and would like to be able to use this setting.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921477
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Interesting. We don't currently have a lighting profile that does that; you've stumbled on to it by accident it seems.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:52 AM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921603
SpeedyV Reputation: 41
Default Yes there is a profile that does that - Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
Interesting. We don't currently have a lighting profile that does that; you've stumbled on to it by accident it seems.
Yes you do. It seems that there is a new default "preset" that runs before the CLCP initializes. Some like it and want the effect to be available all of the time. Others do not like it and want the CLCP to retain the last settings like it used to do before the firmware upgrade.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/show...509#post921509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
It's the new default mode for the LNP and CLCP. This was introduced by the latest firmware update. When either LNP or CLCP are powered on but aren't grabbed by CL4, they'll automatically play this effect rather than the original default behavior.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/show...510#post921510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshboy View Post
This needs to be answered. I also have all of my LEDs set to a static color, but after installing the latest firmware, I’m now greeted by a RGB light show every time I boot/shutdown my PC which is very annoying.

Was it actually intentional to remove persistence of my settings? I really am not a fan of the new demo mode at all.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921614
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I've answered this in the other threads you linked to.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921736
Astral85 Reputation: 11

I had lot's of trouble with the LNP and Version 4.6.0.86, I would suggest a newer version of Link.

Tags
120, fans, hd, link, problem