The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2016, 08:01 PM

POST ID # = 848125
IceDreamer Reputation: 10
Default Firmware 2.04 Problems

Corsair, sit up, pay attention, and take note, because the number of people having issues with this firmware update is higher than would be expected.

My K70 RGB refuses to work properly any longer. The lighting and macro settings jammed, and only by plugging into a spare laptop with USB 2.0 ports was the board able to un-jam. I am now back on my main machine with the keyboard at bare functionality on default lighting. The CUE software refuses to start the GUI on this machine, despite numerous attempts at troubleshooting it. The main rig only has USB 3.0 ports, so if this is the issue, I have no solution.

What I expect:

Before 18:00 GMT I'd like to see either a revised update fixing these issues, or a post on these forums with an official download link to the prior, working 2.02 firmware and compatible CUE.

Or I'm going to get very, very upset. You asked me to pay £170 for a keyboard, and I did. For that, your response to messing up has got to be immaculate.

I hope very much you'll do what all here expect; elevate yourselves above the likes of MSI, Acer and Razer, and respond with the speed and dignity the Corsair name has come to stand for.

Last edited by IceDreamer; 04-19-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:23 AM

POST ID # = 848228
daniou Reputation: 10

Couldn't agree more.

As I mentioned numerous times in other topics, feel lucky you don't have M65 RGB in addition. Then if you connect both of them to USB 3.0, they just "die". No light no response, windows can't see they're plugged. Nothing.

And I just bought the equipement a week ago, because ..... I was annoyed by Razer Synapse.... haahahah. Check this one out. I changed to Corsair to get finally a decent software. To prove me wrong, Corsair decided to "brick" all devices I bought from them with official firmware update!!! Oh irony...

I support your reqest 100%.

Let me install previous firmware, and i promise to never ever update anything again.
And try to get back to my Razer Mamba and Black Widow, maybe Chroma version this time...

What makes it even worse, is that there is absolutely no response on the topic from Corsair. It's almost like: "you bought it, it is not our problem anymore, we got your money, so..."

Last edited by daniou; 04-20-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:40 PM

POST ID # = 848274

I called them earlier. Support is based in the USA, and they did a good job of discussing with me, so there's some good support available. Submit a ticket through support to them requesting a firmware flash to the last version. They've not got back to me just yet, but it shouldn't be long.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:31 PM

POST ID # = 848283

Hi,
Thanks for the tip. I submitted a ticket right after I found out what is happening. 24hours and no response.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:06 PM
SSonic70's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848287
SSonic70 Reputation: 10

Glad I haven't updated the firmware. I also have the M65 RGB mouse as well as the K70 RGB and apparently both of them stop functioning if you update the firmware.

Hopefully Corsair provides a fix for the firmware ASAP.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:20 PM

POST ID # = 848303

I have fixed the firmware, but now CUE is still refusing to launch. New user account on Win10 fixes it, infamously, so this is now in the realm of Microsoft issues, not Corsair. By all means, they've been great.

Old 04-20-2016, 04:03 PM

POST ID # = 848311

CUE resolved by several reboots and a manual system and registry sweep to ensure full uninstall, then reinstall. All systems operational.

Corsair got that firmware out very quickly, and have USA phone support. Top marks for cock-up response :)

Old 04-20-2016, 05:09 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Jay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848316
Corsair Jay Reputation: 10

Hi guys, thanks for your input.

Anytime you experience issues like these, the best thing is to document the symptoms and provide tech specs of the system including mobo, cpu, bios revision, OS, software version, firmware version, and the specific part number. It is also helpful to know what are the reproduction steps to get the issue to show up on our end too.

You don't need to post it here on the forums, but get a ticket opened in our Support site.

I know it's frustrating when something undesirable happens and you're not sure why, but help us help you figure out why and remain solution focused.

Thanks again for the feedback. We do sit up, pay attention, and take notes.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:47 PM
istrasci's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848330
istrasci Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Jay View Post

Anytime you experience issues like these, the best thing is to document the symptoms and provide tech specs of the system including mobo, cpu, bios revision, OS, software version, firmware version, and the specific part number. It is also helpful to know what are the reproduction steps to get the issue to show up on our end too.

You don't need to post it here on the forums, but get a ticket opened in our Support site.

I know it's frustrating when something undesirable happens and you're not sure why, but help us help you figure out why and remain solution focused.

So what's the answer? Is there a fix on the way? I don't want to just know that I can make a support ticket. Since it's such a widespread problem, is it being looked into? How can I manually download and install an older version of the firmware if I don't want to wait for a fix?

We're frustrated and want solutions, not just acknowledgment.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:18 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 848338
krazykid Reputation: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by istrasci View Post
So what's the answer? Is there a fix on the way? I don't want to just know that I can make a support ticket. Since it's such a widespread problem, is it being looked into? How can I manually download and install an older version of the firmware if I don't want to wait for a fix?

It will likely get fixed, do note that there is a huge update to CUE coming soon and thats where the focus has kind of been, cant say much more than that but its worth the wait!!

Old 04-21-2016, 12:04 PM

POST ID # = 848403

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykid View Post
It will likely get fixed, do note that there is a huge update to CUE coming soon and thats where the focus has kind of been, cant say much more than that but its worth the wait!!
So the focus was on CUE, ok, so why even bother to release not tested, not working FW? Can't really understand it at all.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Slim.Jim's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848417
Slim.Jim Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniou View Post
So the focus was on CUE, ok, so why even bother to release not tested, not working FW? Can't really understand it at all.
Exactly, was a huge waste of my time trying to get a functional keyboard again. Now CUE tells me I need to update my firmware every half hour or so.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Slim.Jim's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848398
Slim.Jim Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by istrasci View Post

You can grab firmware 1.30 from here along with older versions of CUE if needed. Even though it says you need fw 1.33 or higher for 1.16.42, I am running the latest version of CUE with fw 1.30 without any problems.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

Old 04-21-2016, 11:14 PM
istrasci's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848490
istrasci Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim.Jim View Post
You can grab firmware 1.30 from here along with older versions of CUE if needed. Even though it says you need fw 1.33 or higher for 1.16.42, I am running the latest version of CUE with fw 1.30 without any problems.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472
I don't see where to get the firmware if I follow that link...

---

EDIT: Nevermind, my eye didn't catch it intermixed with the CUE downloads. Ignore me.

Last edited by istrasci; 04-21-2016 at 11:16 PM.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:45 PM

POST ID # = 848420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Jay View Post

Are you aware, that in those words, you just confirmed, that us customers, who spent their hard earned money, are no more than beta testers for you?
As I read, what you wrote:
"we release something, not even bothering to test it. You naive people install it, because we tell you so, by nagging you all the time. Then you are asked to describe every single detail of malfunction, log etc. so that we have database. Free of charge. Even better you dear customer, paid to be our beta tester. At the end we tell you, that it is for your own good."
You are actually pushing your job onto us, customers. You have some nerve mister, to write it right into our faces...

Last edited by daniou; 04-21-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Tags
firmware, k70, service, update