Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Hi everyone,

I bought my virtuoso se the last week and i need help with something, I left charging the headphones all night and part of the day (more than 20 hours) but the green LED always flashes and in ICUE it always says "charging", also i tried to charge it outside the PC and the same thing happens, i never see the led green fixed.

did anyone have this problem?

Hey incufuni,

I have same thing but I thought it's normal. LED on Headset shows level of battery (green means high). I've read that to fully charge your headset it's enough to connect it for an hour or few. It's never says "Charged" or anything like that. Just disconnect it from wire USB connection and use it the normal way.

If I'm wrong please anybody more advanced can correct me here.

Thanks Lixa, i think the same, and finaly i heard the girl voice saying "Baterry it's complete".

another question (or advice) but minor, one of the pads came wrinkled inside the box, I'm not sure if to complain, it really is an aesthetic inconvenience but the headphones works very well...

Thanks Lixa, i think the same, and finaly i heard the girl voice saying "Baterry it's complete".

another question (or advice) but minor, one of the pads came wrinkled inside the box, I'm not sure if to complain, it really is an aesthetic inconvenience but the headphones works very well...

one example....

20200523_124225.thumb.jpg.056fdef0f1db76297c430fb527cdbcf9.jpg

Edited by incufuni

Hey,

Just received my headset and within less than 10 minutes of use (on Discord, listening to Spotify and playing Runescape), the audio gets distorted and stays distorted until a restart of the headset (switch off and on again)

The worst its been is where the headset microphone continued working and then the sound completely cuts out so people can hear me but I can't hear anything.

I'm within eye shot of the receiver which is in the front USB port of my PC (less than 1 meter), it is also the only device in the front USBs.

I'm using the headset in wireless mode and its fully charged and updated and the distortion happens randomly with the applications above open.

Just wanting to know if there's a fix for this as some users have reported that buying another Corsair product and forcing a newer firmware on the dongle for the Virtuoso, appears to resolve the issue, as much as I like Corsair products I don't need another mouse at this time nor want to spend £50~ to resolve this.

Please see thread below:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192884

Hoping for a quick reply as I will be returning this product if this continues as for a £170 product this isn't that great customer experience.

Can supply more information if required

Edited by WeebTrash

Hey,

Just received my headset and within less than 10 minutes of use (on Discord, listening to Spotify and playing Runescape), the audio gets distorted and stays distorted until a restart of the headset (switch off and on again)

I agree, in general if you play audio from multiple sources in wireless mode it seems to cut out for a second every once in a while. For now I've just resorted to using the headset in wired mode till they put out a patch (which im pretty sure they are working on right now but COVID is slowing down the progress)

Heya everyone,

Last evening there was a patch for Dongle Firmware to v.0.16.80

After that it was still showing issues with flashing red light on dongle, but today I didn't get any issues with headset wireless connectivity at all.

For me, at least for now the issue is not showing up at all (tried many times, waiting for my headset to turn off automatically while not moving, then again turning it on).

EDIT:

This headset is my only Corsair product, so it's not forced by any other product update.

just an update :

I have this headset since last yr, like others, i am bothered by the crackling sound.

but since ever i updated the dongle firmware to v.0.16.80, it never happened again, even with ICUE running.

I will leave the firmware version at is it now and won't upgrade.

will feedback again in a month time.

First set had horrible sound. Tested on multiple systems. Volume scroll wheel jumped up and down as well. Had it exchanged.

New set arrived. Sound is super horrible. VOID Elite sounds like a super expensive headset compared to this. To be honest, like the previous set, the sound is a little better than the cheap headsets they give on flights. I don't understand how this can be called HD with the terrible sound it produces. Games and music sounds like 128kbps encoded sound. This set, the sound breaks up and stutters when in wireless mode.

I am fed up... Corsair doesn't care to be honest, I tried their support multiple times.

Updated firmware on dongle and headset, forced updated again. Same issue... sound breaks up as if the signal is weak or something. Can someone maybe on the forum be so kind as to advise on what I can do?

Some feedback that might be useful to others. I experienced issues too and it appears they were related to USB ports/mobo.

I had problems where sometimes the mic didn't work in wireless mode and sometimes when switching to the USB mode the sound and mic both wouldn't work. I had the USB cable/dongle plugged into a USB 2 port. I tried different USB 2 ports, I tried many different settings/drivers, all to no avail.

The issues went away after I plugged the cable/dongle into a USB 3 port. Everything has been working without any issues for quite a while now. So, it seems like switching to USB 3 fixed the problems.

My mobo is an ASUS P9X79.

Some feedback that might be useful to others. I experienced issues too and it appears they were related to USB ports/mobo.

I had problems where sometimes the mic didn't work in wireless mode and sometimes when switching to the USB mode the sound and mic both wouldn't work. I had the USB cable/dongle plugged into a USB 2 port. I tried different USB 2 ports, I tried many different settings/drivers, all to no avail.

The issues went away after I plugged the cable/dongle into a USB 3 port. Everything has been working without any issues for quite a while now. So, it seems like switching to USB 3 fixed the problems.

My mobo is an ASUS P9X79.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately in my case I still have the same stutter sound issue after using the back ports. Aorus X570 Pro. Glad you got it sorted though.

Hey,

The worst its been is where the headset microphone continued working and then the sound completely cuts out so people can hear me but I can't hear anything.

I'm within eye shot of the receiver which is in the front USB port of my PC (less than 1 meter), it is also the only device in the front USBs.

I'm using the headset in wireless mode and its fully charged and updated and the distortion happens randomly with the applications above open.

Just wanting to know if there's a fix for this as some users have reported that buying another Corsair product and forcing a newer firmware on the dongle for the Virtuoso, appears to resolve the issue, as much as I like Corsair products I don't need another mouse at this time nor want to spend £50~ to resolve this.

Please see thread below:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192884

Hoping for a quick reply as I will be returning this product if this continues as for a £170 product this isn't that great customer experience.

Can supply more information if required

Update: after reading other peoples fixes, I've performed a clean install of iCUE and reinstalled the drivers for the headset

Seem fine listening to JUST audio (Spotify) as soon as I plug the microphone in less than 5 minutes later sound goes crackly

a reboot of the headset brings it back but then 5 minutes later it goes again

This is just unacceptable for a product of this cost, considering how long this has been going on for (October 2019) and there's no fix is crazy

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately in my case I still have the same stutter sound issue after using the back ports. Aorus X570 Pro. Glad you got it sorted though.

People keep complaining of issues when apparently they have been using the wrong ports. Those black ports are USB 2.0. You should be using it with 3.0. I've had literally 0 issues when using a powered USB 3.0 port. The only issue I had was with the light going off on the dongle, and turning red when using the headset again.

Now with the latest iCUE version, the dongle light doesn't even come on at all.

People keep complaining of issues when apparently they have been using the wrong ports. Those black ports are USB 2.0. You should be using it with 3.0. I've had literally 0 issues when using a powered USB 3.0 port. The only issue I had was with the light going off on the dongle, and turning red when using the headset again.

I had the same problem with the dongle light (completely off) and i solved it reinstalling ICUE.

Apologies if this has been reported before, I certainly couldn't find it anywhere. (Edit: Actually, I just found at least one user in this thread mentioning it!)

Originally I had no issues, but recently I've started having an issue with the volume wheel on my headset. When I try to adjust the system volume using my Virtuoso volume wheel, it just erratically changes up and down. I'm unable to get any consistent behaviour out of it. I'll try to nudge the volume down and it will rapidly jump from 100, to 12, to 0, to 85. It's very bizarre.

I've only had the headset for a couple of months.

Edited by Exuro
Noticed another user reporting a similar issue

(https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194464)

After reading this relating forum on ICUE software complications paired with my Corsair Virtuoso, I've realized how many others are having the same issue as I...

Corsair Virtuoso RGB dongle non stop flashing red after the laster ICUE Update 3.26.95.

I repluged the donge and restart icue and pc .Headset is working but it suppose to be white light ,but its flashing red all the time.

And my icue show like i have 5 headsets (1) (1)(1)(1)(1) - i dunno what suppose to mean.Sometimes it stop flashing and no light at the dongle at all.

I just wanted to report the incorrect dongle behavior after the latest update.

It still works fine and everything, but I don't know if it's near dead and can't see the battery level in ICUE, so I always keep it plugged in and on the connected USB setting which sucks...

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this issue or am I doing anything wrong? Thanks.

Apologies if this has been reported before, I certainly couldn't find it anywhere. (Edit: Actually, I just found at least one user in this thread mentioning it!)

Originally I had no issues, but recently I've started having an issue with the volume wheel on my headset. When I try to adjust the system volume using my Virtuoso volume wheel, it just erratically changes up and down. I'm unable to get any consistent behaviour out of it. I'll try to nudge the volume down and it will rapidly jump from 100, to 12, to 0, to 85. It's very bizarre.

I've only had the headset for a couple of months.

Had the same issue with my first Virtuoso SE headset out of the box. Had to send it for exchange. My advice, since Corsair does not really offer support of any value and does not seem to understand what quality control means, see if you can exchange for another brand. My replacement headset has issues with the sound in wireless mode, something the first one didn't have.

My reply said "back", not "black". To clarify, I was referring to using a port on the back panel (tried USB 3.0 and USB 3.1) instead of the front port (also USB3.0).

Additionally, my first set worked perfectly fine in wireless mode using all the ports mentioned. The problem was with the scroll wheel. The exchanged unit I now have has this sound issue. Using USB3.0 or 3.1, with or without iCUE and tested on two PCs and a laptop.

(https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194464)

After reading this relating forum on ICUE software complications paired with my Corsair Virtuoso, I've realized how many others are having the same issue as I...

Corsair Virtuoso RGB dongle non stop flashing red after the laster ICUE Update 3.26.95.

I repluged the donge and restart icue and pc .Headset is working but it suppose to be white light ,but its flashing red all the time.

And my icue show like i have 5 headsets (1) (1)(1)(1)(1) - i dunno what suppose to mean.Sometimes it stop flashing and no light at the dongle at all.

I just wanted to report the incorrect dongle behavior after the latest update.

It still works fine and everything, but I don't know if it's near dead and can't see the battery level in ICUE, so I always keep it plugged in and on the connected USB setting which sucks...

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this issue or am I doing anything wrong? Thanks.

Open your device manager, click view -> show hidden devices. Then open the audio tab and see if there are multiple installs of your headphones. If you put the dongle into different usb ports, it will install drivers for each port, so there will be multiple listings for the headphones. That's not an issue in Windows, but maybe iCue is just showing them all instead of the active ones. Deleting the greyed out ones might get rid of the multiple listings.

Hello friends! some weeks ago i ask some questions and doubts about icue and if the software was causing all these issues. Thank you to all the people that share their experiencies and answer me, finally i got the virtuoso SE a week ago, and i want to share my experiences too that are positives except for the software:

- Design and confort: Im really really happy with the premium design, about confort ive

a small/medium head and small ears i used and arctis 7 befores and i can tell you the

virtuosos are not the nightmare in the head or ears that are telling in many forums, out of the box they come really adjusted and the headband seems and look tight, i force slightly, open this a few outside and regulate the large and for my size are really confortable, a little pain on the presure in top of head the first night but really confortable for me, the memory foam on the drivers become better and better in the next days, i think the virtuosos become in a standard tight size for really small heads and ears out of the box but after a little pain and adjustments they fits to you. I cant afirm this with certainty for big heads/ears.

- Audio quality and experience: i want to share what i do with the knowledge that the software is buggy and causing the issues. One week with the virtuosos SE and i dont have ANY issues with the headphones, When i connect the virtuosos first time i never install Icue, i let windows install the generic drivers and i bought the dolby atmos for 7.1 virtualization and equalization (dolby access/atmos allow you to customise the EQ) I was really happy with the results, virtuosos came with plain EQ settings that are not bad, but can be really better adjusting these on dolby access.

Days ago i want to turn off the RGB to improve the battery life (steady 8-10 hrs with rgb on , without icue installed) and i dont like the rgb turned on, so what i do is install icue in other pc , and from these i figured how buggy is the software (3 Attempts with errors to install the holy software and the flashy red led on the dongle), finally i turned off the RGB bright off, microphone led off when is turned on, and turned off the voices that appears with the icue software. Only The RGB in the corsair logo remains off and also the voices turned off, the headset dont remember the mic on led turned off, so this remains green when is on without icue saddly y.y

I find something really insteresting, without icue and without dolby atmos, in windows sound config, advanced config in corsair virtuoso we can change to 24 bits/ 48000hz study quality) in wireless mode, so i turned to this and try with spotify on the max quality streaming, and wow , they sound incredible with music with this change!!! on my second pc with icue installed i can change to this quality, so now im using the virtuosos without icue for the issue and for the quality on music, 24bits /48000hz, study quality atmos off when i listen to music, and turn on atmos to gaming/movies , when i turn on atmos it automatically set the virtuoso to 16 bits / dvd quality and when i turn atmos off it come back to 24 bits / 48000 hz. For now this is my recomendation, i try the virtuosos all these weeks just in wireless , i dont try wired yet. ill share other finds with the headset, for now im really happy without icue, and with the 24bits quality for music and atmos only for gaming/movies :)

Quick update for all of you. We have some fixes underway to address the static audio and further improve bass response. I don't have an exact date or release version of iCUE, but it is going through implementation and testing.

For those of you experiencing issues with charging, are all of you experiencing the same behavior from the LED blinking red regardless of how long it has been charged for? Are you using the OEM charge cable or aftermarket? Any issues with the headset when it is being used while in wireless mode and charging concurrently?

Thanks for the hard work. Any update on this?

I have found that, in my case, the corsair audio drivers wont load or run in the background, meaning I cant get any sound output from neither my corsair virtuoso or my ST100 headset stand. I can controll both throu icue, but they wont emit any sound at all and windows wont detect them as sound devices it will only detect them as "other devices".

Changing icue versions wont fix it, updating wont fix it, installing different audio drivers wont fix it, installing new BIOS wont fix it, restarting wont fix it, nothing will fix it.

Its weird cuz the devices do work on other systems except mine. (Laptop)

Perhaps there is something installed that may be conflicting with the corsair audio drivers, but i dont know what it could be.

I had the Virtuosos SE headset for about 4 weeks and use it about 8 to 14 hours day I am working from home.

Design is great what like to see in 2020 it does not look like a gaming headset it looks like a high headset. Its light and very conformable I wear glasses all the time and have no issues at all. Less is more design which I like a lot.

Battery life is around 18 hours with RGB off.

Audio quality is great in Stereo has is the only wireless headset that I know can do 24bit sound over wireless and the EQ works well but bass is weak. I find the 7.1 sound has issue with centre channel volume being too high cause clipping.

The reconnection time is best I seen on any headset

Software is where it falls down over the last weeks had a lot of issue with sound with the usb flashing red and light going off and sound issues cause by software.

Overall: The headset is great and feel good and look good. But let down by software issues.

I was using a G935 and found it the feel cheap and to big and did not fit on head very well would fall off. Battery life was poor, and connection was very slow which was a pain when I was getting incoming calls. Audio quality was good in game but in music and movies was poor and EQ did work very well.

Issue 1. I have had was crackling sound and high and low volume but was fixed after updating ICUE v3.29.110 I did find a workaround before was to by pass ICUE software.

Issue 2. When using the dolby 7.1 the centre channel is always to loud which cause clipping in games and in movies which have 5.1 and 7.1 sound which major disappointment, I have test DTX and dolby atmos which don’t have this issue. Also when comparing with G935 headset the centre was at the right level. If would nice if the channels for 7.1 could be control in ICUE software like in the Logitech software.

I do hope the second issue is fixed soon.