The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-19-2019, 12:59 PM
fineros's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990505
fineros Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
You can use 3rd party strips but you must be careful not to go over about 2A (10W) per header without additional power. Configuring them may also be a challenge. And yes, they use the WS2812B protocol.
Good afternoon!!!
Here is my desk.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2e/d9...995ccac385.jpg

How can I connect the led strip of the table to me Commamder Pro ???
The one that I currently have is this Led https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Buy the parts (Molex 50-57-9404 and Molex 16-02-0102) to be able to connect it to the Commander Pro and in the end it did not work :(
For what I read you have to have a WS2812B protocol LED ... if I buy it will work in 5m ???
I do not know how to do it so that everything is synchronized ... I currently have it connected to the motherboard, but I would like to control it with iCue

Thank you very much for the help and forgiveness for the Google Translator

Last edited by fineros; 01-19-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:46 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990513
DevBiker Reputation: 88

That particular LED strip is analog 5050, not WS2811/WS2812B so it won't work without a Digital-to-Analog converter. Solarity is working on one but it's not ready yet. And then it'd only be a single color, not individually addressable.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:34 PM
fineros's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990651

Quote:
That particular LED strip is analog 5050, not WS2811/WS2812B so it won't work without a Digital-to-Analog converter. Solarity is working on one but it's not ready yet. And then it'd only be a single color, not individually addressable.
thank you very much for helping me DevBiker !!!
If I buy a led strip WS2812B, for example this model:

https://www.amazon.es/Picotronic-WS2...1548000875&sr= 8-5 & keywords = 5m ws2812b

Do you think it can work in 5m? would connect directly to LED 2 of the Commander Pro. Do you think it is necessary to connect it to a 5v transformer?

Thank you very much for the help!!!

Old 01-20-2019, 01:49 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990661

You won't be able to control that with the CoPro or NoPro. Two reasons:

1) a single channel is limited to 96 LEDs that you can control from iCUE.
2) The current draw will blow out the fuses. 150 LEDs is gonna be around 5A or a little more. SATA power is limited to 4.5A on the 5V rail. Molex connectors are rated for 5.5A on the 5V rail.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:57 PM
fineros's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990670

Quote:
You won't be able to control that with the CoPro or NoPro. Two reasons:

1) a single channel is limited to 96 LEDs that you can control from iCUE.
2) The current draw will blow out the fuses. 150 LEDs is gonna be around 5A or a little more. SATA power is limited to 4.5A on the 5V rail. Molex connectors are rated for 5.5A on the 5V rail.
Muchas gracias por la explicación!!

Es una pena que no pueda hacerlo :(

Old 03-23-2019, 08:54 PM
Baldoak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998700
Baldoak Reputation: 10

Hi DevBiker, I was wondering if you could help me too!

I want to add a third RGB connection to my H100i RGB Platinum 240mm AiO. I bought a pack of 3 LL fans and realized it was going to require way too many SATA connections if I used the node and hub, and on top of that, my Mini ITX board only has one USB 2.0 header. I have the AiO connected to that header.

I see that the RGB fan connections that come off of the pump housing are already configured as a 1 to 2 split, so I wonder if it's possible to add another split to support a third fan? I have extra housings, crimps, and hookup wire, I'm just not sure which pins do what, and I don't want to mess this up.

I can supply photos of the connections if you need them.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:58 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldoak View Post
Hi DevBiker, I was wondering if you could help me too!

I want to add a third RGB connection to my H100i RGB Platinum 240mm AiO. I bought a pack of 3 LL fans and realized it was going to require way too many SATA connections if I used the node and hub, and on top of that, my Mini ITX board only has one USB 2.0 header. I have the AiO connected to that header.

I see that the RGB fan connections that come off of the pump housing are already configured as a 1 to 2 split, so I wonder if it's possible to add another split to support a third fan? I have extra housings, crimps, and hookup wire, I'm just not sure which pins do what, and I don't want to mess this up.

I can supply photos of the connections if you need them.
I would very strongly recommend against doing a splitter with the cooler and LL fans. The concern is that they would draw too much power on the 5V rail.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:19 PM
Baldoak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998710
Baldoak Reputation: 10

Quote:
I would very strongly recommend against doing a splitter with the cooler and LL fans. The concern is that they would draw too much power on the 5V rail.
Okay, well that's a big bummer. Thanks for the quick response!

Old 04-22-2019, 10:39 AM

POST ID # = 1002176
kikzy Reputation: 10

Hello there,

Can anyone tell me where i can buy 4wire 24awg in europe ?

Thanks

Old 04-22-2019, 10:59 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002181

Amazon? Any 4-wire ribbon cable will work. Or you can get 4 separate wires and sleeve them together.
Unless you want it all black, like the stock cables. AFAIK, that's really only from ModDIY (not Europe).

Old 04-23-2019, 04:40 PM

POST ID # = 1002341
kikzy Reputation: 10

Can you tell me if it's fine ? https://uk.farnell.com/pro-power/pp0...00v/dp/2776627

Old 04-23-2019, 06:25 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002358

That should work just fine. You'll want to zip it to the 3 or 4 strands that you need.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Wannabe
Bogartz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007466
Bogartz Reputation: 10

So I spent several days this past week communicating via instant message with DevBiker trying to determine if I was going to buy or make my own. I finally decided to make my own with Cat6 cable since I had lots of it lol.

Thanks for all the help DevBiker, the videos are great, super easy and here are the results:

Couple of close-ups:

Old 06-10-2019, 03:18 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007502
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogartz View Post

Thanks for all the help DevBiker, the videos are great, super easy and here are the results:
respect to that.. i used his cables through out my 1000d and 570x.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:01 PM
akdeben5585's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008449
akdeben5585 Reputation: 10

First, just wanted to thank DevBiker and everyone else who has contributed to this post - this is great and extremely useful information!

I'm new to the whole PC build thing and decided after years of purchasing pre-fab PCs, that I would build my own (and try to teach my two boys while I was at it). I really liked the Corsair Crystal 460X case and decided to use it for this build. It came with 3 SP120s, and I decided to buy 3 LL120s for the top and back for the case. I knew the SPs didn't natively support fan speed control, so I purchased a Commander Pro to handle that. After wiring everything up and getting the OS installed, I downloaded iCue and was all set to program some RGB goodness, until I realized that I couldn’t mix the LL and SP fans on the same hub.

Unfortunately, I did not find Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ until after I ran into this issue. After reading through his FAQ, I purchased a second RGB Fan LED hub, so I could split the fans between hubs. The other unfortunate thing was that I'd already cabled all of the fans to the original hub, and without re-wiring my whole case, I had no way to extend the RGB cables from my LLs to where I had to locate the new hub. However, while searching these forums, I came across a mention of this post, so I had a solution to my dilemma!

I have a mile's worth of Cat 5 kicking around my house, so I decided to make the extension cables with it. I purchased a wire stripper that could handle 24 awg and a cheap barrel crimping tool for the connectors. I already had a bunch of 550 paracord and a Cat 5 jacket stripper. I purchased the connectors and sockets from Newark.com (no minimum order and cheap shipping) and some heat shrink from Amazon.

I took me a few practice strips and crimps to get it down, but I was able to make 3 16" extension cables fairly quickly. I hooked everything up in my case and voila, I am now able to control the LLs on a separate channel!

Here is my first RGB extension cable: