Corsair Community

New Install - software doesn't see LINK Commander

Shinobisan

I just installed the Link Cooling / Lighting kit last night.

I downloaded the latest software, and it didn't show any data from the commander. It's like it can't find it at all.

The Commander is plugged into a USB header.

The cooling and lighting nodes are connected to the commander.

There are 3 temp sensors hooked up.

There are 3 lights attached.

I also have 2 case fans on the cooling node.

And.. I have my H80 connected to the commander.

So... there should be more than enough things to get information from.

The software did find my NV graphics card, the CPU, and all my hard drives.

Why can't it see my Link Commander?

Any ideas?

(oh... and I looked in the device manager, there wasn't any unknown devices)

??

I moved the Link USB connection to another USB header on my MB.

.. one that I know works.

That was not it... still does not see the Link Commander.

BTW, in the software, you can go to the "devices" tab.

There is no LINK devices shown. I bet there should be.

??

Completly uninstall the corsair link software then delete the corsair folder from your hdd/ssd then follow the following guide thanks to wemdee

1) There is one long system link cable you should use for the h100. It looks similar to the others, but it is much longer. Otherwise it will be very difficult to place the commander.

2) The software on the main site is the 2.x version. Your units will likely have the older firmware and the commander will need to be updated to work with the 2.x software. You need to initially install the 1.x version of the software to update the firmware and then remove 1.x and reboot before installing 2.x. You can update the cooling node firmware, but it is not required. I would try it with your fans first before deciding.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=105156

3) The ax1200i can connect directly to the commander with the system link cable (to save a USB 2.0 header ) or you can connect it directly to a USB 2.0 header.

4) The h100 fans can plug directly into the h100. You don't need to go to the cooling node for control.

5) You might also want to read through the logging thread and check/implement the work around.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111067

Software version 1.x :

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107745

Cooling node Firmware:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107745

hope this fixes your issue.

First: Thanks so much for your help! I'm part way there.

Second: I'm very confused now.

The goal as I understand it is to install V1.x so that I can update the firmware on the Link Commander. But... that is apparently up-to-date?

I have:

Removed software V2.x

Installed software V1.x (and it works!)

Updated firmware for Cooling Node

But... I'm a little wary to uninstall the software and go back to V2.x.

Why would it work now? I didn't change the Link Commander firmware.

Here are the firmware versions:

Commander 1.1.9

Cooling 1.2.5

Lights 1.1.9

H80 1.1.12

I was expecting to have to update the Commander Firmware, but I don't see that it needs it. ? And I don't see any newer version. ?

Should I move forward with the software update? or... did I miss a firmware update?

If your not using a digital psu there isnt really a need to go for the 2.x version of the software if you do want to update to it just uninstall the version you have then restart your system.

-Install Link 2.1.7

-Download http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=11060&stc=1&d=1343774858

-Goto the Options tab then Devices

-Update firmware then click the command unit and install that file you downloaded

That should fix it all

Ok, First: Please Please Please actually read my posts.

The last instructions said to uninstall software 1.x, restart, and install 2.1.7.

And there was a link to the cooling firmware 1.2.5.

This did NOT work.

(just in case it's not clear... I did try it exactly as noted... and it didn't work)

2.1.7 still does not see my Link Commander.

Two things:

1) I told you it wouldn't work. I have not done anything to change my Link Commander since the first time. The Firmware is currently at 1.1.9 - which appears to be the most recent.

2) I told you I had already updated the cooling module to firmware 1.2.5.

Summary of current situation:

* CorsairLink 2 does not recognize Link Commander module

* CorsairLink 1 did recognize the commander module

* Current Firmware:

Commander 1.1.9

Cooling 1.2.5

Lights 1.1.9

H80 1.1.12

I'm sorry for being a bit grumpy, but it appears that you are not actually reading my posts... and I am following yours word for word.

Shinobisan,

Corsair LINK 2 requires the Commander unit to be on FW 2.0.6. You need to update the Commander Unit to FW 2.0.6.

If it is not on FW 2.0.6, LINK 2 dashboard will not detect it under devices.

What NWEBowen posted is right and partially incorrect.

Update the Commander firmware from 1.1.9 to 2.06 on LINK 1.2.7.

Once the Commander FW is on 2.0.6, LINK 1.2.7 will not detect the Commander Unit any more.

Don't worry, it is normal you can uninstall LINK 1.2.7 and install LINK 2.1.7.

Open up LINK 2.1.7 and check if the Commander unit is detected.

Summary once you have completed the steps.

Software: Corsair LINK 2.1.7

Firmware:

Commander - 2.0.6

Cooling Node - 1.2.5

Lightning Node - 1.1.9

H80/H100 - 1.1.12

If do not understand the process, please feel free to ask us where you are stuck at.

Thanks Toasted, but that isn't the full answer yet.

Now I have learned a couple things.

The firmware ISN'T up to date... even though it says it is (see image below)

Now... the system will not update itself using the 1.2.7 software (see image below)

That is why I said previously that it "seems" to be up-to-date.

Thanks to ye 'ol toasty one, I know that there is firmware 2.06 out there... somewhere... ?????

So... 1.2.7 can't figure out that it needs to update the system (see image below).

If you press "1" then it says it's all good.

If I press "2" then there is a way to manually load firmware... which works... that's how I got the firmware for the cooling node to be 1.2.5.

So... now all I need is for some brave soul to point me at a link where the 2.06 firmware for the commander lives.

Any takers?

http://i45.tinypic.com/kcngx1.jpg

• Corsair Employee

I think you missed this statement at the bottom of Corsair Link Dashboard V2 Software Update (Version 2.1.7) Updated 11/5/12

Note: If you currently have a Corsair Link Cooling/Cooling and Lighting Kit and are running the 1.2.7 V1 software you will need to update your Corsair Commander unit with new firmware in order to be able to use your current hardware with the new V2 software. Once you have updated your Commander unit from the current firmware to the new firmware you will not be able to re-flash to the old firmware. You will need to install the new V2 software on your system and use it to flash this firmware file to your Corsair Link Commander unit.

Download Corsair Commander Firmware Version 2.0.6 here. Unzip before flashing

Archived