The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 11:03 PM

POST ID # = 692843
TAK Reputation: 10
Default Problem With a Corsair 400R and HX850 PSU

When I was installing a HX850 into my 400R, I noticed that the screw holes weren't lined properly. They're both Corsair products, so I'd assume that they'd be compatible. The screw holes are a little higher than they should be, so I'm assuming the problem is the rubber standoffs under the PSU are raising it a little higher than it should be. Im not sure if it's poor designing or a defective case, but now I probably have to shave off some rubber to make the holes line up correctly. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows a simple solution or if I really have to shave off some rubber.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:03 AM

POST ID # = 692851
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Have you tried mounting the PSU with the fan facing down/up?

Old 01-16-2014, 10:31 PM
EndlessDreams's PC Specs

POST ID # = 692982
EndlessDreams Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
When I was installing a HX850 into my 400R, I noticed that the screw holes weren't lined properly. They're both Corsair products, so I'd assume that they'd be compatible. The screw holes are a little higher than they should be, so I'm assuming the problem is the rubber standoffs under the PSU are raising it a little higher than it should be. Im not sure if it's poor designing or a defective case, but now I probably have to shave off some rubber to make the holes line up correctly. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows a simple solution or if I really have to shave off some rubber.
I had the same problem I just had to move the screws to different holes. I figured they would of worked out since its the same company who makes both but it don't seem they test them out.

Tags
400r, hx850, installation, screw