Corsair Community

6gb ram(3.99 usable)

irish437

I just installed 6gb domiator ram onto windows 7 64 bit and it is saying 6gb ram(3.99 usable) in the system specs. Does this mean it is recognizing that there are 3 slots filled but only 2 sticks or the 4gb is actually working?

Any thoughts to get it to be 6gb usable?

What's your ram settings? vdimm, qpi/vtt, timings?

Which slots did you use?

Could you please give more details?

Pretty new to all of this, I guess I would need to know exactly what information you would need(like your talking to a 1st grader) and where exactly to find it.

Thanks.

First of, what kit of dominator GT's do you have?

On your ram modules you'll see a label with frequency e.g. 1600, timings e.g. 7-7-7-20, and a voltage value, e.g. 1.65v. Keep that in mind as you're going to need them later on.

Power off your computer and check in which slots you installed your ram modules.

For your board install them in the gray slots, dimm slots 1, 3 and 5. If you already done so, try resitting them.

Power on your computer and at the post process press del to enter setup.

Navigate to the Frequency/Voltage Control Menu. Select the memory feature option and press enter. Now go to Memory Frequency option and select the target memory frequency e.g. 1600, now on the same page go down to memory parameters option and set them manually, those that I mentioned above, keep that in mind that you have to set what is written on the label e.g. 7-7-7-20. You will have to set the timings for tCL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS. Leave all the other options at auto.

Now exit the memory feature option and go back to Frequency/Voltage Control Menu as you have to set the voltage of the ram modules.

Select Voltage Control from the Frequency/Voltage Control menu and press Enter to display the Voltage Control menu.

Go to the DIMM Voltage option and manually set the value of 1.65v.

Now exit and go to the Main Menu, press F10 and restart.

On auto settings, you may just show only 4gb. I don't remember it happening on my 758 board, but on my Classified 760, I booted into BIOS with stock settings of 1.5V, 1066, +0 VTT (1.2V) and it showed 4gb. Setting it to 1.25V VTT and 1.6V VDIMM with XMP @ 1600 - everything showed up as 6gb.

Thanks for the help. I reseated them, put the bios back to default and the Bios recognized 6gb so I overcloked it up to 3.4 and wnet back into to windows. Problem solved. Perhaps they just needed reseating or there was something amiss in the bios. I now have 6gb of silky smooth ram.

Archived