Corsair Community

Latest Link Version Discussion (v3.1.5525)

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Version 3.1.5525.

This software release is primarily for the support of the new H80i GT and H100i GTX coolers. We are still working on software/firmware updates based on end user feedback and internal testing for other items. Please see the change log and known issues below.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v3.1.5525, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Please Note you must delete any saved Profiles and uninstall the old version and reboot the system before you install the latest software.

• Uninstall the Corsair Link software through Windows Control Panel
  • Go to file explorer, enable "Show hidden files, folder and drives"
  • Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"System name"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair
    (This directory is also used to store custom profiles for other Corsair products. You may want to save this directory on a different location so you won’t lose other profiles)
  • Restart your system
  • Install the new Corsair Link software

2/19/2015 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 3.1.5525

Change Log:

• Add support for H80i GT and H100i GTX CPU Coolers.
  • Add multi-Language support. English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, and Russian supported.
  • Add a sliding bar to the graphing tab that allows for selection of the update interval in seconds from 1 to 60.
  • Remove "Send Email" portion of the notifications section from the program.
  • Correct a certain situation when a configuration window is open and a value is entered or changed then a mouse click happens outside the window it would change tabs.
  • Updated CPUID hardware detection backend for support of the latest hardware.

Known Issues:

• There is a driver conflict between the new H80i GT/H100i GTX and the original Commander unit. The new software installs a new driver that is required for support of these units that interrupts the recognition of the Commander unit. A firmware update for the Commander will be issued with a new software release to address this issue.
  • SLI/Crossfire setups only show one GPU.
  • Registry edits needed to correctly discover certain USB devices (H80i and H100i) are not being correctly installed on some Win 8 systems. Manually editing the registry on these systems is still needed.
  • LED saved settings for “cycle color” not persistent after restart if two of the colors are set to 0 (255, 0,0) New firmware revision to address issues will be available in a later release.
  • On certain Intel motherboards (Z87/Z97) that use the Intel USB 3.0 drivers it is necessary to change the “Legacy USB Support” to Disabled in BIOS for detection of the H80i/H100i/Commander units.
  • When changing to a new language the UI window will minimize to the system tray and stay minimized. To bring back the UI use the system tray and "Show Corsair Link".
  • RGB LED strips connected to a Commander Mini flash when a custom curve fan profile speed change takes place.
  • If you currently have an original Commander unit do not install this version of the software. The Commander unit will no longer be recognized by the system!

After installing and launching v3.1.5525 in a system that has the older Corsair Link Commander unit, if the Commander unit is missing from C-Link software, you can follow the instructions listed below to fix this problem:

• Exit C-link software from the C-Link ICON on system tray.
  • Open Windows device manager and find the problematic “Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device” on the USB device list.
  • Right click and select Update Driver Software.
  • Select Browse My Computer for Device Software Manually and hit Next.
  • Select Let Me Pick from list of device drivers on My computer and hit Next.
  • Select USB Input Device and hit Next. After that, Windows will successfully update driver back to correct one.
  • Restart C-Link software and Commander unit should appear back into C-Link software.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any changelog for 3.1.5525?

H100i detection is still hit and miss, it still asks you to save the profile every time its closed even if no changes have been made...

The LED blinking when fans set to custom curve seems to be fixed, which is great.

H100i detection is still hit and miss, it still asks you to save the profile every time its closed even if no changes have been made...

The LED blinking when fans set to custom curve seems to be fixed, which is great.

Great to hear the LED blinking issue is resolved! Haven't had a chance to try this new version yet, but do you know if the update fixes:

1. The ability to display GPU temps for multiple cards vs just on

2. The annoying way Corsair Link doesn't save the position of the meters on the dashboard when resized.

Great to hear the LED blinking issue is resolved! Haven't had a chance to try this new version yet, but do you know if the update fixes:

2. The annoying way Corsair Link doesn't save the position of the meters on the dashboard when resized.

Cant test #1 i only have one GPU

For #2 i dont usually bother with setting it up with the PC image, after resetting or reinstalling 100 times i just dont bother anymore. But i put some fans on the PC image and resized a couple times and they went back to where i put them initially after maximizing again.

OK- Much better than before. The only, and I mean the only, complaint I have is:

The LED's don't boot from cold iron to the last saved profile unless your last saved profile was WHITE. If it was RED for example, it comes up pink. I imagine this is because it boots in WHITE then blends with the RED that was in last saved Profile. In order to sort this out, you have to go into the full program itself (not the one in the start menu) and toggle it to WHITE then back to RED. Also, the Profile button on the lower left is very sticky. But if you go into the Options page you can change them rather easily. This was not the case on the 2.XXX version. So, in that regard it is a little worse. All in all, it's livable, but still not completely right. However, we're moving in the right direction.

#2 was fixed in 2.7.5361

Same s*** as before here.

None of the installed original corsair temp-sensors shows any value therefore there's no chance of getting a custom curve working with corsair link software.

(Even tried the unplug, install, reboot, replug thing and of course searched and deleted any corsair related entry on my rig before installing.)

Finally deinstalled everything, ran SIV, everything works fine.

Going to get a Aquaero next week albeit I really had hope on this major release candidate 3.X. :(:

OMG..not again!! Look @ the change logs, issues and install notes :bigeyes::mad:.. Whyyyy sooo :evil: many hassles to install and make it works (a bit).. it's like a crack man! ...

A never ending story. Very, very, very disappointed! Unbelievable... I pass

Seems Corsair's priorities are to sell you new coolers than fix the issues with their old ones.

It's definitely true they want to sell you new hardware. The issue, is that the new hardware doesn't work any better with Corsair Link, than the old hardware does!

We've been told for quite a while that the release of 3.x will improve a great many things. Sorry... just not seeing it. More same ole Corsair shoveling out more new $H!T that doesn't seem to work with CL any better than the old.

Im not even going to bother trying this version. I see all the things that gave me a hard time are still there.

I had a very hard time getting link to work when i built this pc and im not even sure what got it to work in the end. I never did the registry edit and turning off the usb legacy mode was a nightmare, If you turn that off and your mouse and keyboard are usb then they wont be turned on until you load windows then you can no longer make changes in the bios/uefi so i had to clear cmos and so on...

Right now i have all temp info and i can control my fans so im honestly afraid to mess with it unless there is a real fix and i hear from a lot of people that its actually working right.

I just installed 3.1.5525 and notice slight improvements from the previous version. I also did not have to remove previous version when I updated.

Needs fixed:

1. Still does not detect my second GPU

2. Does not always pick up my Pump speed which is not important, but would be nice to see consistently.

Fixed:

1. Happy to see the gauges don't lose their place when I resize the window and back.

2. LED transition between colors seems to also be fixed as it's nice and smooth now and no sign of flickering.

Observation:

1. As some others have suggested...before you upgrade to the new version save your fan profiles! The rear exhaust fan is showing red only because I have it set to only turn on if the CPU were to ever get above 70c.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/caymandiver75/PC/315525Screenshot_zps89250d28.jpg

1534920817_3.1.5525Screenshot.thumb.jpg.f7a95e0437d6c5a181d4594f862db4a1.jpg

same as the old link

unistalled old LINK

Deleted Appdata folder

restarted

installed new

H100i Blinking red

Ax1200i blinking red

i2600 blinking red

second GPU isnt recognized

at least it recognized all stuff didnt need to unplug and replug anything this time.

time to revert back to old working LINK

waiting for 2016 link :P

Ive used one of my computers for a while now installing various software versions of link with different usb devices connected.I kept both front and rear usb connections filled with devices and constantly swapping them around and have found certain devices have caused issues with the link

2 that really mess with things are an older wireless keyboard and my gps.

Ive also found connecting links usb to a rear external usb port greatly enhances the links connection abilities...

A major issue I found while juggling usb devices was links ui would show a '0' icon and the sidebar would show the same icon working.

another issue was the complete ui would all be '0's with a new set working on the sidebar...

knowing what devices that causes interfere has allowed my link to work very well.

hope this helps others with like issues...

Hi Guys

I can control my fans connected to the mini commander now which is great, however see below issue noted in the new version:

1. Corsair Link does not show CPU fan header when D5 Pump RPM cable is plugged into it. Yet the software detects the pump RPM when it's plugged into the CPU_OPT header. It wont detect a fan in the CPU header either just in case you thought it was the pump. Using Asus Hero V motherboard.

2. In light of issue 1, I have my D5 pump plugged into the CPU_OPT header. I have then setup a "Notification" (see autoshutdown picture attached) asking the software to shutdown my PC if the pump drops below 3000 RPM. I have done about 20 tests of unplugging the pump, the software detects that the RPM has dropped to 0 and shuts down the computer but only if the software is left full screen just after "Notification" screen is setup and profile save. As soon as you close the software and it is running in the system tray the computer does not run the shutdown command when I disconnect the pump. Even if I re-open the software it still does not work until I make a change and re-save the profile again. I have tested this with both with shutdown command and LED changes with the same result.

This is a major one, this part needs to be reliable as currently I'm scared to leave my computer on unattended, as I cannot trust corsair link to shut down in the event of a pump failure.

3. Are there any plans for the software to control motherboard 3pin fan valtage also? I have a total of 10 fans, so currently I need to use the BIOS to lower the voltage of my additional chassis fans as Corsair link doesn't seem to have any effect to them. Although ASUS AI suite was able to before I removed it and switched to Corsair Link.

4. Please can you add a drop down for "Device Type" as my D5 pump is stuck as a Fan!!, I am assuming that this will change automatically if you have one of your h100i/h80i devices connected. It would be nice to change from Fan to Pump.

5. LED on mini commander box still flashing away Red. Assume it's supposed to be Green. Tried the USB legacy mode disabled and installed latest BIOS. Removed old Corsair Link version and profiles folder, installed new version but this hasn't made any difference.

6. Sometimes 30 second delays when switching between "Balanced", "Quiet" and "Performance" modes from tray icon.

7. I have renamed all my fans and temp sensors within the link software, these names do not carry over to the "Fan & Pump Info" + "Temperature Info" menu's when using the tray icon.

8. I have setup my Intel Core i7 temp group with all my SP120 fans. Set it so at over 40 degrees my fans should be at 100%. I run a stress test so my CPU goes over 40 degrees. The fans speed up which is expected, but they don't go to 100%, it's more like 50%. With some more testing I found that depending on which mode the software is set to either "Performance", "Balanced" or "Quiet" this directly affects the apparent 100% speed when the CPU goes over 40 degrees. For example, if my mode is on "Performance" and the CPU goes over 40 degrees the fans do go to a true 100%, I can tell by the noise and RPM shown in the software. However, if I am on "Quiet" mode when the CPU goes over 40 degrees the fans should still go to 100% according my setup. However, they at around 50%. Similar on "balanced" mode they reach around 70% I would say. Only if I start in "Performance mode" and then allow the CPU to go over 40 degrees do I get a true 100% speed on the fans. (See group cooling picture attached)

9. "Check for Updates" button, typo on the button text :laughing:

10. The software auto starts with Windows, when you click the cross to minimize to system tray it asks if you want to save changes even though non have been made.

11. Group linking - If I have all 6 radiator fans under the CPU temperature group and tell all the fans to go up to 100% if CPU reaches say 40 degrees. How do I then do a similar thing for my GPU, can't we link the fans to a different group. What if my CPU is not under too much load but my GPU is boiling hot, I assume currently the software will not be able to ramp the same set of fans up!

Kind Regards

Craig

797475372_AutoShutdownIssue.thumb.jpg.bcf0540a1519abb6be4b02620145beca.jpg

32086034_DevicesScreen.png.f8952e1550e7b5448b81e3503c940979.png

755916438_GroupCoolingIssue.thumb.jpg.631be000e6f5f1963714cc534b2f4932.jpg

Well I spoke too soon apparently... The LED issue is still present. Can anyone confirm that this is only an issue with the commander mini? If I got a lighting node and connected it to the mini and connected the LED's to the lighting node would the blinking be resolved?

Also, I know new firmware is expected for the H100i, is that expected to address the intermittent detection of the hardware in Link?

Archived