The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2017, 11:06 PM
androofoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 917563
androofoo Reputation: 10
Default CPU Package Temp Inflated Readings with Ryzen 1700X

Comparing the CPU Package (node 0) on the newest Corsair Link (4.8.2.1) and HWMonitor, the Corsair Link is showing +20 C higher than HWMonitor.

The issue I have is that I have my H110i fans are grouped with the CPU Package temp, but since it shows +20 C higher, my fans are turning on prematurely. The fan gets super loud, when in reality the CPU is a lot cooler than Corsair Link is showing.

Possible remedy? If I group up my fans with the H110i Temp, is that pretty accurate with the CPU package temp?

Old 08-26-2017, 03:43 AM
tklami's PC Specs

POST ID # = 917568
tklami Reputation: 10

what i did for my ryzen system is that i decided to base my fanspeed based on the watertemp. to find the fancurve i wanted i ran prime 95 while i had other programs monitoring my cpu temp so that i would never exceed 60 degrees celcius.
After my custom setup my fans run really low (550rpm) when computer sits idle.

Old 08-27-2017, 03:39 PM
madmole's PC Specs

POST ID # = 917716
madmole Reputation: 10

All Ryzen X chips intentionally add 20C to the reported temps for some strange reason best known to AMD. Most temperature monitoring apps remove it as per AMD's guidelines but Corsair Link still reports the false higher temp

Come on Corsair, please remove the delta or let us set a delta

Old 08-28-2017, 01:18 AM
androofoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 917736

Quote:
Originally Posted by tklami View Post
what i did for my ryzen system is that i decided to base my fanspeed based on the watertemp. to find the fancurve i wanted i ran prime 95 while i had other programs monitoring my cpu temp so that i would never exceed 60 degrees celcius.
After my custom setup my fans run really low (550rpm) when computer sits idle.
So basically...I can run a stress test and read my water temp in relation to what the CPU package temp is in HWMonitor. And whatever temp my water is when my CPU package is, let's say 85 degrees, I can set it to 100% fan. Something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmole View Post
All Ryzen X chips intentionally add 20C to the reported temps for some strange reason best known to AMD. Most temperature monitoring apps remove it as per AMD's guidelines but Corsair Link still reports the false higher temp

Come on Corsair, please remove the delta or let us set a delta
Yea I noticed HWMonitor made an update with the correct temp. Corsair please update!

Old 08-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 917888
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I've waffled on this because I believe some motherboard vendors are accounting for this with BIOS updates, but I'm not certain.

I'm putting in a request to have a toggle added to temperature configuration for X-suffixed AMD processors.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:25 PM
androofoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 917955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
I've waffled on this because I believe some motherboard vendors are accounting for this with BIOS updates, but I'm not certain.

I'm putting in a request to have a toggle added to temperature configuration for X-suffixed AMD processors.
That would be amazing.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:27 PM
madmole's PC Specs

POST ID # = 918805
madmole Reputation: 10

Perfect thanks

Asus MB already corrects for this (Hero Vi) as does SIV etc, Link is the last bit of software I have not following AMD's guidelines to add a delta

Old 09-05-2017, 05:44 AM
fahdriyami's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919032
fahdriyami Reputation: 10

Corsair Link still hasn't been updated to fix this? My quiet profile isn't exactly quiet because of this offset.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 919183

It does take us a little while to put new builds out. We implement a series of fixes, release a build internally, regression test it, then release it. This takes time.

The fix IS coming.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:28 AM

POST ID # = 919847
mdusen1216 Reputation: 10

Quote:
It does take us a little while to put new builds out. We implement a series of fixes, release a build internally, regression test it, then release it. This takes time.

The fix IS coming.
Corsair has released at least 3 new builds since Ryzen released in March yet no fix. This has been a known flaw in the Link software almost from the day Ryzen 1800x and 1700x released. Your excuse is just that an excuse and frankly not a very good one.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 919929

We debated adding the offset for a while. At the time it was believed that motherboard vendors were going to be accounting for it in their BIOSes by default. Then they didn't.

We use CPUID SDK for our temperature readings. The offset has only recently been baked in, and that, in turn, will be added to an upcoming release.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:44 PM
quadlatte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919960
quadlatte Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdusen1216 View Post
Corsair has released at least 3 new builds since Ryzen released in March yet no fix. This has been a known flaw in the Link software almost from the day Ryzen 1800x and 1700x released. Your excuse is just that an excuse and frankly not a very good one.
takes time to code the stuff and test it on multiple boards and cpus, then throw in that some MB's already remove the offset and you end up with a change that takes extra time since they have to account for that.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:45 PM
imotep's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919969
imotep Reputation: 10

Great googly moogly, I laughed when I saw this cause I saw my reported temps on CL and nearly gasped. It shows 50s-60s for CPU temp but on CPUID it shows, 30-32. I was going to leave a piece of bread on top of my case lol to see if I get toast.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 920096

It's weird. Ryzen has a 20C offset and Threadripper has a 27C offset. We have the fix planned for a future release. It's not showing the temperatures completely incorrectly, it's just the way AMD reports them in the first place. ;)

Old 10-11-2017, 01:47 AM
androofoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922919

Quote:
It's weird. Ryzen has a 20C offset and Threadripper has a 27C offset. We have the fix planned for a future release. It's not showing the temperatures completely incorrectly, it's just the way AMD reports them in the first place. ;)
Thanks for updating us. Patiently waiting for the update. Corsair FTW.

Tags
cpu temp, package temp, ryzen, temp