The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 03:45 PM

POST ID # = 580802
SilenzXE Reputation: 10
Default Vengeance 1500s Sound Card Box Thing

Okay, so I recently picked up some 1500s, since I loved the HS-1's so much. So great. Love them.

BUT.

Compared to the HS-1's, the audio adjuster is MUCH closer to the actual headset, on the cable. I love the long cable, just it's a pain with this presumably fragile piece of plastic and chips that I just worry about constantly, because when I'm taking a rest from gaming, I like to actually lean back and chill out a bit. So this box ends up hanging in front of my table in my lap, just hanging there, or not. So my question is, what's up with that?

The HS-1's... uh. Box, was positioned on the cable just so, in the perfect place. It sat to the left of my keyboard, and I could tap the buttons on it as I wished.

Secondly, I want to know just how fragile this thing is. If it bumps against the wooden table a few times, will it break? Or is it built to sustain such constant injuries? Cuz right now, I'm thinking I need some kind of... clip, or something, to attach it to my shirt or whatever. Also, the box itself gets unbelievably hot after a period of use. Dramatically more so than the HS-1's. Granted, it's several hours, and a period of time which I have not counted as I haven't had my 1500s for a terribly long time. I know, however, the HS-1's had a very long meltdown period, something like 8 hours or so, at a guess.

It should be noted, that no, my HS-1's aren't broken or anything, they're just in use at another computer.

And yes, I am being perhaps unnecessarily cautious, my K90's have also apparently been suspected of chipped paint, faulty keys, broken LED's, everything. Of course, it's running perfectly.

One final complaint about the 1500s though, of course. My left ear begins to ache after a while of wearing them. I don't know what it is, I think the inner parts are pressing on the tip. Is that supposed to happen? Is this a bug/glitch/issue with the headset? Do other people get that? My head is fairly small, however.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 581295
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Thank you for the feedback. The pod is placed in the best spot that we feel works best for the customer. We do understand that certain customers would have a personal preference for it at a certain length. We like your feedback because it provides different points of view. I have not heard of one RMA, or case of customers breaking the POD in the way you are describing. It should have no issues.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:05 PM

POST ID # = 581761
SilenzXE Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Thank you for the feedback. The pod is placed in the best spot that we feel works best for the customer. We do understand that certain customers would have a personal preference for it at a certain length. We like your feedback because it provides different points of view. I have not heard of one RMA, or case of customers breaking the POD in the way you are describing. It should have no issues.
Huh! Cool, thanks man. I'm getting used to having it here, now.

Still, thanks, now I don't have to freak out every time it taps against the table. :P

Old 06-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 582198
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

No problem. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.