Corsair Community

Corsair H100i GTX not showing up anywhere in my computer

eyounes6

Hello all! I am a new forum member, and I tried searching for my issue but everything i saw pertained to the H100i being problematic in corsiar link.

My issue, however, is a little different. My pump and fans do not show up in my bios or OS at all, no matter what software i use to monitor my computer.

I have a Gigabyte z170 UD-5 gaming board, with a 6700k.

The cooler is plugged in my CPU_FAN_OPT header, which my mobo manual said to use if i am using a liquid cooler. And the cooler acts normal, ramping up the fans depending on load. I have also tried plugging it into the standard CPU_FAN header as well to see if the fans will show up in my BIOS, and they still do not. I have tried using an external mini USB cable instead of the internal one that came with the cooler, and still nothing. Tried different fans, also nothing.

Its safe to say that I am stuck haha.

Hello all! I am a new forum member, and I tried searching for my issue but everything i saw pertained to the H100i being problematic in Corsair link.

My issue, however, is a little different. My pump and fans do not show up in my bios or OS at all, no matter what software i use to monitor my computer.

I have a Gigabyte z170 UD-5 gaming board, with a 6700k.

The cooler is plugged in my CPU_FAN_OPT header, which my mobo manual said to use if i am using a liquid cooler. And the cooler acts normal, ramping up the fans depending on load. I have also tried plugging it into the standard CPU_FAN header as well to see if the fans will show up in my BIOS, and they still do not. I have tried using an external mini USB cable instead of the internal one that came with the cooler, and still nothing. Tried different fans, also nothing.

Its safe to say that I am stuck haha.

EDIT: I have been told to just let it be, since its obvious that the cooler is working as it should, its just not showing up in my computer at all. Plus, i want to be able to control it

EDIT: I have been told to just let it be, since its obvious that the cooler is working as it should, its just not showing up in my computer at all. Plus, i want to be able to control it

Which idiot specified this? If the cooler is not showing up something is faulty.

1. Use CPU_FAN, the manual is talking about a pump and the H100iGTX is a controller that controls a pump, the fans and LED.
  2. You need to disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H100iGTX gets a constant + 12 volts. To do this set the fan to run at 100% all the time or similar.
  3. Plup in the USB cable.
  4. Check Devices and Printers to make sure there is a H100iGTX listed.
  5. Check Device Manager to ensure the H100iGTX has no errors (yellow triangle). It should be in the USB section.

Which idiot specified this? If the cooler is not showing up something is faulty.

1. Use CPU_FAN, the manual is talking about a pump and the H100iGTX is a controller that controls a pump, the fans and LED.
  2. You need to disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H100iGTX gets a constant + 12 volts. To do this set the fan to run at 100% all the time or similar.
  5. Check Device Manager to ensure the H100iGTX has no errors (yellow triangle). It should be in the USB section.

I can't remember who I talked to when I called. They offered to start the returns process for me but they said if it's working fine and my temps aren't bad (which 22 degrees at idle and 49 under load consistently isn't bad by any means) then to leave it and that my motherboard just wasn't supported or something like that.

I'll try those steps after I'm done with my fathers chemo treatment! Thank you for the reply

I have it plugged into the CPU_FAN header, and it's still not showing anything in gigabytes UEFI dualbios. Also: I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place to disable fan control, but the only CPU fan speed control I see let's me swap it from silent, normal, performance, and full manual. I just set it to manual, and the highest PWM per degree Celsius

I have it plugged into the CPU_FAN header, and it's still not showing anything in gigabytes UEFI dualbios. Also: I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place to disable fan control, but the only CPU fan speed control I see let's me swap it from silent, normal, performance, and full manual. I just set it to manual, and the highest PWM per degree Celsius

Fist you should add your PC specs to your profile so I can easily find which motherboard, etc. you have.

1. Can you post an image of what you setup? See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach files.
  2. Are the fans plugged into the H100iGTX and spinning?
  3. Is the H100iGTX LED light on?

Fist you should add your PC specs to your profile so I can easily find which motherboard, etc. you have.

1. Can you post an image of what you setup? See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach files.
  2. Are the fans plugged into the H100iGTX and spinning?
  3. Is the H100iGTX LED light on?

I attached a picture of the inside of my computer, if that is what you meant by my setup. if you meant my settings, it will be a moment before i can give you that.

Yes, my fans are plugged into the H100iGTX, and they spin. If it is plugged into the optional cpu fan header, it spins faster or slower depending on CPU temperature. If it is plugged into the normal CPU fan header then the fans just spin the same as if my cpu is under a full load.

Yes, and no. The led illuminated corsair logo lights up, but flickers very rapidly, no matter what header its plugged into.

IMG_7975.thumb.jpg.d6b9d8613f33cc2373a9a92c11f5dfb1.jpg

No, the BIOS fan configuration screen

Yes, my fans are plugged into the H100iGTX, and they spin. If it is plugged into the optional cpu fan header, it spins faster or slower depending on CPU temperature. If it is plugged into the normal CPU fan header then the fans just spin the same as if my cpu is under a full load.

I suspect fan control is not disabled as the speed changes and needs to me.

Also post the CL4 fan configuration screen.

Archived