Corsair Community

Memory recommendation for Intel Z390 chipset

javierc

Hey guys, I am new here. I have bougth a new case model 300R for my new system.

Can you recommend me 32GB memory modules (32GB for each) for the motherboard with chipset Intel Z390?

I will need RL too, I not know the difference between the different models, the proccesor will bi Intel Core 9700K

Regards

For top choice, I'd recommend the Dominator then you have the Vengeance RGB PRO and Vengeance LPX.

Vengeance LPX doesn't have RGB and the module's heat-sinks are not very tall, making it easier for the CPU's heat-sink/fan not to block any DIMM.

The other two are the opposite of LPX.

And can you elaborate a little better and the size of the RAM, 32GB each module for a 64GB to 128GB total RAM, considering you using Dual Channel.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I think Vengeance can be good but I don't know if with only 32GB module memory for now could be enough, but then I not would have dual channel.

I would buy the other 32 GB after, if I need.

You think I will lost a lot of performance not using for medum term dual channel?

And in case of use the graphical of the proccesor?

I prefer put son in the future other module of 32 GB up to 64 GB. So if is needed I would can expand to 128 with toher 2 modules of 32 GB when the modules will also be cheaper, so I prefer not put 2 modules of 16 GB and after remove them to buy other modules

Regards.

128GB is really unnecessary, a waste of money.

32GB total (4x 8GB) is more than enough, way more. I used to open 212 web addresses and system would use 16GB, now I do the same and I still have 16GB available and just about any other program I have running

Just buy 4 sticks of 8GB each and you'll see that you'd barely be able to use all of it. Even 64GB total is unnecessary.

I will need to have working virtual machines simultaneously. Minium 8 GB is required for each virtual machine.

Windows platform with vm for Linux, other windows, simulation processes and test of other architectures, ESXI, Proxmox, etc.

In this case the memory is very important for virtualization. When I need run any applications with high requirements I could have problems so I would like to anticipate having to need more memory of 32 in the future and that is why the preference is 32GB modules to not run out of options in the near future and what I save now I can lose it by having to buy now smaller modules and not later serve me

Regards

Edited by javierc

I see, well if you need RAM for the Z390, go with the best, Dominator Platinum. Otherwise, the Vengeance Pro can also do.

But check your motherboard manufacturer what's the highest you can go, some can take up to 64GB and other 128GB.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, you think will have a lot of difference between Vengeante and Dominator?

I need 32 GB now, the problem is I want use the maximun modules so no I can buy one module. I will lost a lot of performance not having dual channel? My graphics card will be the graphic of the Intel processor so I willl only have 1 Gb in the graphics, I know on this build is more importante to have dual channel.

I prefer buy now only 1 32 GB module and when I need other 32 GB module.

I should buy try go to for 2x32 although I don't need 64 now?

I have also seen that there are several references for Vengeance in 32 GB, I not want pay a lot of money could you tell me the references for the most appropriate 32 GB modules starting in 3000-3200 mhz in the Dominatr and Vengeance range?

Regards