The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2020, 07:12 AM
-THCKhorne's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034827
-THCKhorne Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis3 View Post
Hey Whiney Nutz, you can rename the device in iCUE to get rid of the (1)'s
you're sooooo cute !

but : 1 this rename process is soooo tideous.... and what if the mouse changes names about 10 times a day ? hum ???

anyway.

i change firmware to 0.9.40 / 0.11.80, i'll see if it works today.

but i'm pretty disapointed about all that hardware... that rely so much on soft, and that can't even do it basic task !

and without ANY answer from the manufacturer.... after months.....

Old 02-12-2020, 12:15 PM

POST ID # = 1034838
ETHREAL1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETHREAL1 View Post
Hey all, managed to get a copy of the working firmware from corsair!!! it is attached below;
Since a new page was added, there is a working firmware on page 5

Old 02-12-2020, 09:06 PM
pinkfloyd1173's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034886
pinkfloyd1173 Reputation: 10

Hey guys so I went to the old FW, the one on page 5. Everything is working good, surfing, gaming. BUT I did notice something, last night I stepped away from my rig for about a hour or so. I do have a screen saver set to turn off my screen at 30 mins. Well when I came back to my rig, I was having the same issues that I was before? Rig never goes to sleep just my monitor turns off after 30 mins.

I did not have ICUE open, it was minimized. Other than that its working fine with the old FW.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:17 PM

POST ID # = 1034897

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloyd1173 View Post
Hey guys so I went to the old FW, the one on page 5. Everything is working good, surfing, gaming. BUT I did notice something, last night I stepped away from my rig for about a hour or so. I do have a screen saver set to turn off my screen at 30 mins. Well when I came back to my rig, I was having the same issues that I was before? Rig never goes to sleep just my monitor turns off after 30 mins.

I did not have ICUE open, it was minimized. Other than that its working fine with the old FW.
sometimes when the mouse wakes from sleep mode it can take it like a minute to be noticed by icue again but its only happened to me like 2 times, a quick power cycle of the mouse has always fixed it for me, also it could have just been the icue service crashing, it does that from time to time, just force close icue and its 3 services from task manager and re open icue

Old 02-13-2020, 12:13 AM
pinkfloyd1173's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034901

Quote:
sometimes when the mouse wakes from sleep mode it can take it like a minute to be noticed by icue again but its only happened to me like 2 times, a quick power cycle of the mouse has always fixed it for me, also it could have just been the icue service crashing, it does that from time to time, just force close icue and its 3 services from task manager and re open icue
Cool, thanks for the advice.

Old 02-15-2020, 12:10 AM

POST ID # = 1035072
KainAzeroth Reputation: 10

Any word if there is a new firmware with the new iCue update that dropped today (3.25.60)? Any fix for the mouse yet? They will send you the firmware files if you file a support request and ask for them.

Old 02-15-2020, 02:42 AM

POST ID # = 1035079

Quote:
Originally Posted by KainAzeroth View Post
Any word if there is a new firmware with the new iCue update that dropped today (3.25.60)? Any fix for the mouse yet? They will send you the firmware files if you file a support request and ask for them.
no its not fixed yet, also many have said that they wont provide the firmware, that's why when they provided it to me I posted it (page 5) even though they said not too

Old 02-15-2020, 03:52 AM

POST ID # = 1035087
KainAzeroth Reputation: 10

Quote:
no its not fixed yet, also many have said that they wont provide the firmware, that's why when they provided it to me I posted it (page 5) even though they said not too
I figured. Thanks for saving me that time.

They definitely gave me the firmware this week. I would suggest people file a support request and ask for the specific version that works. Maybe an increase in support requests will draw attention to the issue and get it fixed.

Old 02-17-2020, 04:40 PM
pinkfloyd1173's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035307

So now I cant even update the IC??? I rolled back to try out the old fw, but it was giving me the same issues like the new one. I tried to update to the newer FW again, and now I cant even use it wirelessly??

Going to bestbuy to return this and get the Glaive, to bad really liked this mouse, fit my hand perfectly?

Old 02-17-2020, 05:41 PM

POST ID # = 1035310

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloyd1173 View Post
So now I cant even update the IC??? I rolled back to try out the old fw, but it was giving me the same issues like the new one. I tried to update to the newer FW again, and now I cant even use it wirelessly??

Going to bestbuy to return this and get the Glaive, to bad really liked this mouse, fit my hand perfectly?
Try doing this;

1. copy your iCue folder found here: "C:\Users\*YOUR USER NAME*\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE" to preserve your iCue profiles,

2. get a program called revo uninstaller, and download the installer for the latest iCue,

3. boot to windows safe mode with networking and use revo to uninstall iCue in its entirety,

4. install the latest iCue,

5. use the firmware I provided on page 5 to update the mouse and dongle, both need to be plugged in,

6. then clear all onboard storage on the mouse, (may have to do this before the FW update),

7. then task kill all of iCue including all 3 services,

8. then delete the new files generated at: "C:\Users\*YOUR USER NAME*\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE",

9. then copy back your original iCue files back, restart the computer, is it then fixed?

Old 02-18-2020, 01:02 AM
pinkfloyd1173's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035342

I figured it out good sir.

Returned it and got the Galvie mouse or whatever you call it.

Now no issues at all.