Corsair Community

Keyboard Malfunction

smoker05

Hi,

I got this keyboard day before yesterday and from the day 1, it gives a keyboard malfunction error and color pattern stops in between.

Do make it back working, I either have to unplug and plug back the USB and then it starts working or there is another option, change the BIOS from 1 to 3 and then back to 1 and then it starts working.

It keeps doing this again and again, after 2-3 hour of interval.

I have connected this keyboard on Motherboard USB directly, and the firmware and CUE all are updated.

I am tired unplugging the USB and plug back in.

Is there any permanent solution for this?

Thanks.

You shouldn't have this problem anymore once you update to FW 1.20 and SW 1.5.108.

As I have said earlier, they are updated.

http://i.imgur.com/Wf0bkbc.png

You can seer it is updated, and it is not showing malfunction because I already fixed it by unplugging the USB. It is still happening with the latest update.

You shouldn't have this problem anymore once you update to FW 1.20 and SW 1.5.108.

Thats the funny fact, we both have the same problem, and i got the problem with the update, because that didnt happen to me with the other version of the CUE, is there a way to fully uninstall it and install the previous version of the CUE? So i think it will work for me while a hotfix is released.

• Corsair Employee
Thats the funny fact, we both have the same problem, and i got the problem with the update, because that didnt happen to me with the other version of the CUE, is there a way to fully uninstall it and install the previous version of the CUE? So i think it will work for me while a hotfix is released.

The firmware isn't compatible with previous versions of CUE. If you have issues with malfunction, I recommend you ensure you're running the latest version of BIOS on your motherboard, and to ensure you have the latest USB drivers for the ports you're using.

If you have done so already, let me know the BIOS version youre using, and the driver version of USB along with your version of Windows and I'll pass it along back to our test team. Its important as we haven't seen many cases where malfunctions occur with this new USB protocol.

Archived