The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 775535
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
Oh yea sorry forgot to mention that. I really hate how corsair does that....
Hate what, having different logins for the forum and ticket system? If so, it can't be helped.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:47 PM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775543
egret85 Reputation: 10

Anyone else notice that with the new update, CUE defaults to the first profile in the list when a UAC prompt is the active window. Very annoying.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:52 PM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775546
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by egret85 View Post
Anyone else notice that with the new update, CUE defaults to the first profile in the list when a UAC prompt is the active window. Very annoying.
That's because when UAC activates, the active window is the UAC prompt.

I'd just turn off UAC unless you need to keep it on for security reasons.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:01 AM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
That's because when UAC activates, the active window is the UAC prompt.

I'd just turn off UAC unless you need to keep it on for security reasons.

That would make sense if a profile was linked to UAC, but it is not. The default profile should stay active unless a application linked to a profile is active at which point it should switch the the configured profile for that application. The only other time it should switch from the default profile is when you lock the machine, which causes it to use the hardware saved profile.

I did not see this behavior in the previous version of CUE either. Switching to another profile that is not linked to anything and is not the default or the hardware profile is just strange. UAC always causes it to switch to whichever profile is listed first in the CUE software. If I remove the profile that is first, then UAC causes the now new first profile to be used.

Decreasing security by disabling UAC is not a solution.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:04 AM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775660
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by egret85 View Post
That would make sense if a profile was linked to UAC, but it is not. The default profile should stay active unless a application linked to a profile is active at which point it should switch the the configured profile for that application. The only other time it should switch from the default profile is when you lock the machine, which causes it to use the hardware saved profile.

I did not see this behavior in the previous version of CUE either. Switching to another profile that is not linked to anything and is not the default or the hardware profile is just strange. UAC always causes it to switch to whichever profile is listed first in the CUE software. If I remove the profile that is first, then UAC causes the now new first profile to be used.

Decreasing security by disabling UAC is not a solution.
Does it show the same profile if you lock your computer?

Old 04-27-2015, 11:30 AM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 775706

No, if I lock the computer it shows the profile that is saved to the device memory. UAC causes a change the the first profile in CUE, which is neither the default profile or the profile saved to device memory.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:25 PM

POST ID # = 775855
Riekopo Reputation: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Hate what, having different logins for the forum and ticket system? If so, it can't be helped.
Corsair has one of the worst and least user friendly support websites I've ever seen. It looks like it hasn't been updated in a decade. I have separate logins for the Corsair fourm, Corsair store, and Corsair support website. You can't even change your email on the Corsair support website. There's not even a way to ask a simple question. You're forced to fill in tons of information just to ask a simple question. "It can't be helped" is a pathetic thing to say.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 775877
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riekopo View Post
There's not even a way to ask a simple question. You're forced to fill in tons of information just to ask a simple question. "It can't be helped" is a pathetic thing to say.
If you need to ask a question, just click on the Ask a Question button. It then asks you for a subject, description, the part number, and to select a problem description. Are you defining that as "tons of information" ?

Requesting an RMA is even simpler as it only asks for the product and problem description.

"It can't be helped" Why do you think this is "a pathetic thing to say" ?

To answer these, please create a new thread in the Forum Rules and General Discussion area so that this thread doesn't get too far off topic, thanks. I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can about our support system, and field suggestions as well.

Last edited by Technobeard; 04-27-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:07 PM

POST ID # = 776048
bctrainers Reputation: 10

Greetings,

It would appear with this most recent firmware+software update and with my keyboard in the 16.8m color mode, it has begun to take a life of it's own from the F12, Backspace, backslash, to Right CTRL keys and further on to the right. It also seems to include the F1 to F12 keys on review of the video.

I'm not sure that I would consider this 'flickering' like others have reported? This one seems or at least appears to be an issue when key presses are happening on the main QWERTY section of the keyboard, it is causing other sections of the keyboard to have issues.

Before this update, I didn't have key segments changing colors/hues on the other side of the keyboard. :(

Old 04-28-2015, 05:56 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 776080
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
Greetings,

It would appear with this most recent firmware+software update and with my keyboard in the 16.8m color mode, it has begun to take a life of it's own from the F12, Backspace, backslash, to Right CTRL keys and further on to the right. It also seems to include the F1 to F12 keys on review of the video.

I'm not sure that I would consider this 'flickering' like others have reported? This one seems or at least appears to be an issue when key presses are happening on the main QWERTY section of the keyboard, it is causing other sections of the keyboard to have issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skd8XbTCfFo

Before this update, I didn't have key segments changing colors/hues on the other side of the keyboard. :(
Is this with 16.8m colors enabled? If so, disable it and it'll revert back to what it was before.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:59 PM

POST ID # = 776081
fredz19 Reputation: 10

Corsair,

Please add the ability to use any key pressed off the keyboard for profile/mode switching. (e.g. Say the F12 key is set to switch a profile/mode on the Corsair keyboard, and F12 is pressed through any other programmable device it would still switch profiles for you)

I know profile/mode switch is accessible via Corsair RGB mouse, but honestly I don't see an RGB mouse that currently would work for what I need. I'd pay Corsair for a mouse that would work, but you don't sell one! I'd love the ability to still be able to switch my profiles/modes via mouse without being locked into the Corsair design on mice. Please!

Thanks in advance,

Old 04-29-2015, 02:43 AM
Strychn9ne's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776156
Strychn9ne Reputation: 10

Hey guys, I just installed the new Cue and firmware, and I am pleased to report that my K70 RGB now works perfectly! I can now start Steam and games up with CUE running with no issues. The lock key freezes are gone, and Raptr gaming Evolved plays well nicely with it as well. I've been using the keyboard for a few hours now with no hiccups at all yet. Great job to all who had any involvement with this update!

Only one issue surfaced, and that was flickering lights on the 16.8 million color mode. With that off it works as it should.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:33 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 776300
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychn9ne View Post
Hey guys, I just installed the new Cue and firmware, and I am pleased to report that my K70 RGB now works perfectly! I can now start Steam and games up with CUE running with no issues. The lock key freezes are gone, and Raptr gaming Evolved plays well nicely with it as well. I've been using the keyboard for a few hours now with no hiccups at all yet. Great job to all who had any involvement with this update!

Only one issue surfaced, and that was flickering lights on the 16.8 million color mode. With that off it works as it should.
Thanks for reporting the great news!

Old 04-29-2015, 05:08 PM
zombmaster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776341
zombmaster Reputation: 12

awesome , no more freezing with steam thanks corsair

Old 04-29-2015, 11:56 PM

POST ID # = 776417
einzele Reputation: 10

Thx for the update, im happy to see the 16m colors.
But i realized there is a slight difference color to the existing profile between in 16m mode?
Also i have a problem if i press alt tab, the pop up menu wont hold and let me choose the window i want to open, instead it automatically choose the first highlighted window. Anyone have this problem?