Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 - BSOD problem

Smaster

Hi. I have a 2-year stable system running CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 (2x2Gb) modules.

Recently i`ve brought one CMX4GX3M1A1600C9 module, and the Windows catch BSOD (IRQ_less/PFN_corrupt/etc) with it (only that module installed in any of 4 slots). I tried to load default settings, XPM settings, manual 1033/1333/1666 on SPD timings - BSOD anyway.

I`ve decided that the problem is that module, and i exchange it for new CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 (pair of 4Gb). And i`ve got the same problem - BSOD.

Memtest freeze right after launch (run ok on my CMX4GX3M2A1600C8).

Failsafe/Default/XMP/Auto/Manual settigns do not solve the problem.

I`ve even update bios to the latest version, but the problem did`nt solved.

I tried to install each one module of CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 in solo (1-UP in any slot) - the problem still the same.

I need your help to solve the problem.

Sorry, those would be incomaptible with your system. The issue lies with in the construction of the module and the size of the chips used to make them. Your system needs memory made with no larger than 256MB IC's. Your new modules are made with 512MB IC's and will not run with that CPU.

Right now most if not all of Corsairs memory has moved to the larger IC's for their modules, so you may have a hard time finding memory for it.

DIMM DDR3 4096MBx2 PC10600 1333MHz Corsair XMS3 9-9-9-24 [CMX8GX3M2A1333C9] Retail 1.5V ver. 8.11 - is that one ok?

According DDR3 IC Inquiry: 8.1X - Nanya 256Mx8

Yes, IF you can find them. As I said MOST of Corsairs memory has moved to the larger IC's. So unless you can find older stock somewhere they may be hard to find...unless they are right in front of you.

Archived