Corsair Community

K95 on a Mac - yes...sorta...

tvalleau

Just a tip. I got the K95 to work on my Mac, including the G-Keys.

I used Parallels/Windows 8 to install the key colors into the 3 keyboard memories. I have one "general" and one for FCPX and one uniform color (aka "spare.")

I discovered two ways to get the keyboard recognized:

1) launch Parallels/Windows and "attach" the keyboard there via the menu. Then quit Windows and Parallels, and it's recognized.

2) better yet: hook the keyboard into a powered USB 2 hub. This seems to keep it recognized, even thru power off cycles.

3) using Keyboard Maestro http://keyboardmaestro.com I can add macros to all 18 g-keys !

Caveats:

a) there is NO guarantee this will work for you; I'm just relaying my own experience.

b) The keyboard will not work with pre-boot commands, such as single-user mode or wiping the PRAM, so I'd keep another keyboard around for such needs.

c) the caps lock light does not work in this configuration. (Actually, that surprised me>)

That said, the multimedia switches work, including volume and mute. The dimmer button works. I can switch between the three memorized layouts.

Given that there are 50-million mac users out there, and they spend more than PC users, I'm hoping (but not holding my breath) that Corsair will give us a little love, and create at least the basic software for the static lighting and the G-keys. (I can easily do without the lighting animation, thanks...)

There you are:

FWIW

&

YMMV

• 1 year later...

Hi, yes I had. You can't use the unofficial drivers for macros, it has limited functionality.

However Peter from Keyaboard Maestro was very kind to reply to my email and tell me that I need to use "USB Device Key trigger".

Device Key - This is an advanced trigger—generally you should use a Hot Key Trigger if possible.

I will give it a try once I get my keyboard back.

Thanks!

OP here.

Yes: the device trigger mentioned is correct. Actually, Peter and I worked on implementing this: me with the keyboard, and initial request, and Peter's excellent programming.

Using this technique, you can get a different set of colors in each of the three keyboard memories. Remember, in Parallels, to "attach" the keyboard so Windows sees it.

Obviously, you won't get all the fancy doo-dads and pulsating lights, which take a driver, but at least you can have three different sets of keyboard color patterns. I have one basic one; one for Final Cut Pro, and one for Photoshop.

Hello,

OK G macro keys do work with Keyboard Maestro. Please also make sure that you will allow KM to control the computer under Privacy > Accessibility Settings.

I have also used the unofficial drivers for setting the colours, no need for Parallels. There is a option to save the binding to keyboard, so you can unistall the drivers afterwads as the daemon is a CPU hog.

Tested with El Capitan OS.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi thank you for your response but it doesn't work..

I tried almost like everything and still no.

Privacy settings are OK / I Use Device Key Trigger (he recognizes my Razer Naga) / I use with these modifiers / I tried with G1 assign to something (eg f15) and without anything assigned still nothing..

Is is because I'm on Yosémite and not El Capitan?

Do I need to set up something on CKB?

Do I need to absolutely plugged in the 2 usb? (tried both anyway)

Do I need a full version of KM? (running demo atm)

Kinda feel desesperated and about to drop this program

• 9 months later...
Hi thank you for your response but it doesn't work..

I tried almost like everything and still no.

Privacy settings are OK / I Use Device Key Trigger (he recognizes my Razer Naga) / I use with these modifiers / I tried with G1 assign to something (eg f15) and without anything assigned still nothing..

Is is because I'm on Yosémite and not El Capitan?

Do I need to set up something on CKB?

Do I need to absolutely plugged in the 2 usb? (tried both anyway)

Do I need a full version of KM? (running demo atm)

Kinda feel desesperated and about to drop this program

Hey sorry for the necro, but this might help someone else.

To get the macro keys to work you need to install the testing version of ckb.

https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/tree/testing

It allows you to map multiple key presses to the G keys, which in turn you can then set up with Keyboard Maestro or whatever other program you want to use.

Check in the Macros section under Bindings.

• 1 month later...
Hey sorry for the necro, but this might help someone else.

To get the macro keys to work you need to install the testing version of ckb.

https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/tree/testing

It allows you to map multiple key presses to the G keys, which in turn you can then set up with Keyboard Maestro or whatever other program you want to use.

Check in the Macros section under Bindings.

Just double checking, but does your CKB look like this? Because I'm seeing nothing that anyone is mentioning about macros in this version of 2.6. :mad: As far as I can tell there is no way to record macros, or bind multiple keystrokes to one g-key.

I need to be able to map the g-keys, or there is no point in me using this keyboard for gaming.

1495030658_ScreenShot2016-12-27at12_26_22AM.thumb.png.488d89905c0cfb73fb4ebe13d9c6c0e5.png

Archived