Corsair Community

Should I buy? H100i RGB

Hello I am in looking at buying a brand new H100i RGB AIO. The only issue it's technically second hand. The seller got it on RMA after his old AIO failed, my main worry is that of warranty according to corsair warranty is not transferable. It would be a shame to pass up a sealed unopened Hydro for his asking price. is their anyway around this?

The warranty is not transferable. You won't have one and I never heard of any wiggle room on this. However, even if it can't last forever, you are still likely to get several years out of it. If something does happen, you may find yourself in the same position as a lot of people who know the cooler has had it's day, but cannot put the PC out of action for 1-2 weeks waiting for a replacement. You need a replacement now. That is my state and what the seller is doing is a logical way to resolve their issue. There is no reason to be suspicious and all RMA coolers are brand new and sealed - not refurbished. You'll have to balance your need for a warranty vs price.

Can you be specific about which "H100i" is being sold. There have been 6-7 historically. Not all are equal.

Edited by c-attack
Atrocious typographical errors.

Thanks for the response, I have decided to buy directly from retail the extra £30 is well worth the piece of mind considering I don't plan on any major upgrades for 7 years or more beyond the upgrades I do now finishing when the RTX 3000 comes out