Corsair Community

Corsair one as a competitor versus other consoles

1990.kenneth

So the new RTX 3000 cards brings new great possibilities. With the HDMI 2.1 it allows to usage of adaptive sync on TV so therefore, corsair one with its form factor featuring RTX3080/3090 could bring competition as a console for TV's but also work great as a computer. Of course it is more expensive but still I think it would serve a great addition to be able to use the HDMI 2.1 features. There is also a high chance that future new monitors may feature HDMI 2.1 instead of DP as high end input since it does not require any DSC feature (please correct me if I'm wrong). Last I checked, a possible DP 2.0 is far from being possible (Possibly ready in 2021 or 2022).

For myself, I already own the corsair i160, so I wont be purchasing a new system if that would be considered. I have, however, considered to sell my unit for 50% and purchase a new desktop computer with RTX 3090 for 4k 144fps gaming, but even with a 50% off, I dont think I will be able to sell the unit as that is still something like 2000 dollar (or euro in my case with tax) and I dont think people want to spend that kind of money on used market.

Another final thought for people like me who already own a unit, I do think I could consider an upgrade package if Corsair were to offer one, e.g. upgrade to RTX 3080/3090. The 3080 would at least provide proper 4k 60fps with ray tracing and hdmi 2.1 features as a "console" for TV's

What do you guys think? I also wonder what Corsair thinks. I highly believe that if Corsair one i160-i65 users were given upgrade opportunity, it would certainly be more appealing than considering a whole new system and then selling old system for highly likely less than 30% of buyout price. I haven't really checked the dimensions (e.g. length, width, depth) of the cards so I dont really know if this is possible at all. I would at least really like to know if this could at least be remotely possible.

• Corsair Employee
Hey 1990.kenneth, thanks for the interest in the new GPUs. We're just as excited about them releasing, they look to have incredible performance. Unfortunately, we don't have information to release at this time in relation to Corsair One, but I'll definitely pass along what you've brought up.