The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2014, 04:17 PM

POST ID # = 733122
mrcloudylion Reputation: 10

Forgot to say my thanks Corsair for changing the logo to sail, i really cant wait for UK layout with brown switches. I will also be buying the mouse but hopefully in white version with sail logo. Many thanks

Old 10-05-2014, 04:24 PM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733124
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcloudylion View Post
Forgot to say my thanks Corsair for changing the logo to sail, i really cant wait for UK layout with brown switches. I will also be buying the mouse but hopefully in white version with sail logo. Many thanks
They haven't really changed the logo back it's just the sails logo will now be sold alongside the new Gaming logo

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:10 AM
WillSK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733260
WillSK Reputation: 20

This is fantastic news! thanks for listening Corsair. It really does mean a lot to me as a consumer to see a company willing to put in the funds to make changes/alternatives to keep their consumers happy :)

I'm still interested to see what will come of the "Gaming" brand and whether tht will change at all but i'm happy knowing I can buy the products I want now in the non-gaming editions

Old 10-06-2014, 10:50 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733284

Will you be selling the old sails logo along side the newer Gaming logo permanently or is it a temp thing ?

I only ask as a well known retailer by me said they will only be getting a very limited run of the sails logos in and will only mainly be dealing with the newer Gaming brand.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:13 AM
nfocus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733290
nfocus Reputation: 10
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Our customers spoke, we listened.

Sorry for the delay, different time zones. Here's the update from 10/03/14.
As someone who purchased the CG K70 RGB w/ Red (UK), out of loyalty to the company and its products, even in the face of a brand change that I sympathized with, but didn't necessarily approve of (seemed to be an attempt to reach a different crowd - all the while alienating your existing fanbase), will there be any schemes whereby those who were most loyal can trade their unsightly gaming products for standard sails products (that might better match their myriad of other Corsair products)?

Old 10-06-2014, 11:18 AM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733293
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

while its simply an assumption,it may be possible logos may be made available thru their store...

Old 10-06-2014, 11:22 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733298

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
while its simply an assumption,it may be possible logos may be made available thru their store...
I would buy one in a heartbeat !!!

Well as long as it actually clicks into place were the gamer logo was and looks neat

Old 10-06-2014, 12:38 PM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733321

Well having asked the retailer it seems the sails logo on the RGB's is just a temporary production run and will not be here in the future according to the guy at OCUK.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:45 PM
ApokalipseMeow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733330
ApokalipseMeow Reputation: 3

So, someone from Corsair claimed that it's a minority of people who don't like the new logo.
I 100% guarantee you that if you put it up to a random poll, with the question: "which logo do you prefer?" The old logo would receive much higher preference.

This logo change reminds me of the whole Windows 8 Metro UI and start screen fiasco.
I mean, you'll see some weird people here and there who prefer it, and some even tried to claim it was a minority of people who preferred the Windows 7 UI (which is utterly wrong). And Microsoft believed it was a logical decision to force desktop users to use the start screen and not have aero transparency for consistency across platforms. But look where Windows 8's market share is.

I think there will be a lot of people not buying these keyboards but not saying anything, so Corsair won't know what they're missing.

Last edited by ApokalipseMeow; 10-06-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:48 PM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733332

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApokalipseMeow View Post
So, someone from Corsair claimed that it's a minority of people who don't like the new logo.
I 100% guarantee you that if you put it up to a random poll, with the question: "which logo do you prefer?" The old logo would receive much higher preference.

This logo change reminds me of the whole Windows 8 Metro UI and start screen fiasco.
I bet a large majority would simply put "I don't care"

Old 10-06-2014, 12:52 PM

POST ID # = 733335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I bet a large majority would simply put "I don't care"
Most of those who would put "I don't care" would also not be buying a $200 mechanical keyboard.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:55 PM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733340

Quote:
Most of those who would put "I don't care" would also not be buying a $200 mechanical keyboard.
I bought the RGB K95 with the Gaming logo and I really don't care if it has the Gaming logo or the Sails logo and I was even offered to take mine back and they would replace it with the Sails logo when it arrives but I declined as going crazy over a tiny logo on a keyboard is over doing it.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:05 PM

POST ID # = 733347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I bought the RGB K95 with the Gaming logo and I really don't care if it has the Gaming logo or the Sails logo and I was even offered to take mine back and they would replace it with the Sails logo when it arrives but I declined as going crazy over a tiny logo on a keyboard is over doing it.
So, you agree that you think the old logo is better.
Regardless of whether you personally think it's a big deal, this is losing Corsair sales. It was a bad decision, simple as that.

Just like it was a bad decision to use rubber domes in the original K90/K60 keyboards, and cost Corsair sales. Some people said that was not a big deal, too. But only a very small number of people thought it was a good thing.

I can tell you I will be going out of my way to look for a version with the old logo, or not buying one.

Last edited by ApokalipseMeow; 10-06-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:17 PM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733354

Quote:
So, you agree that you think the old logo is better.
Regardless of whether you personally think it's a big deal, this is losing Corsair sales. It was a bad decision, simple as that.

Just like it was a bad decision to use rubber domes in the original K90/K60 keyboards, and cost Corsair sales. Some people said that was not a big deal, too. But only a very small number of people thought it was a good thing.
I never said that do not put words in my mouth.

And as I said I couldn't care less about either logo as it's a logo and to me the hardware is more important than the little picture on it.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 733358
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
This is not correct and the speculation here is getting pretty far afield. Just a couple of points...

Of course we aren't going to post units sold but we're selling EVERYTHING we can make, most of which is now Corsair Gaming branded.

Retailers don't dictate when we start or stop making a given product.

Please keep it on topic here. Other people read this stuff and if they assume that it's the truth, then you have a bunch of people coming to the Corsair forum and getting false or bad info.

Closed Thread